2022 Summer Transfer window: The Vote

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you rate the Transfer Window

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah that was wrong, too. He was essentially purchased but we just pushed the payment back, happens all the time in Serie A.

I view Romero as a 20/21 signing and always have. I think adding him in now to try and artifically pump up 'net spend' is a bit desperate, to be honest.
Well he either counts toward this season or last season, not neither and not both.

Guarantee you lonely Thomas and his gang didn’t count it as money spent last summer.

Well he either counts toward this season or last season, not neither and not both.

Guarantee you lonely Thomas and his gang didn’t count it as money spent last summer.

He counts towards last season .. at least for me. Kulusevski will be a more debatable one when we buy him as he was initially a loan with option to buy I think? Whereas Romero was obligation.

Anyhow, it really isn't that important haha .. either way we spent the money on him.

I remember people praising the deal and using it to beef up their summary of the transfer window.
But each to their own I guess. If you see it as reason to applaud both transfer windows then fair enough.
Just feels like clutching straws to me.
Personally don't see why it matters. We had a good window either way so not sure why people are that bothered.

6/10 Probably the most overrated window ever. All the media talking about how amazing our window was when everyone else spent similar or more.. Essentially only 3 players that improve the first team.

Perisic- fantastic signing but 33 years old and a free transfer

Boussama- great signing

Richarlison- quality signing

The rest are either future endeavours or bit part players.

STILL massive glaring problems that havent been addressed. This window is just making up for the previous windows. It still doesnt address massive issues
I’m keen to hear what you think of the 18/19 window. A summer where our “best” piece of business was Ryan Sess

He counts towards last season .. at least for me. Kulusevski will be a more debatable one when we buy him as he was initially a loan with option to buy I think? Whereas Romero was obligation.

Anyhow, it really isn't that important haha .. either way we spent the money on him.
Wasn’t there a mandatory buy clause in Kulusevski’s transfer if we made CL, or X number appearances?

So by that logic, we didn't intend to buy Bastoni or Zaniolo either.
I gave the window 7/10 btw, I think that's a pretty good score.
Who knows? That's my point really, had you read the rest of the post rather than just focussing on one small part of it.

FWIW, I also see the window, at this point in time, as a 7. Solid squad building second step after the previous January window. I caveate that with what I said previously though, it can't really be judged one way or the other until around Christmas time.

It was a good window and we improved as a team but the problem is, the other teams also made big signings and improved. So net net I don't even know if we've improved our standing from last season.
Exactly!!!!!

Before yesterday I would have said 6 because we didn't do what was needed for the OUTs which tempered any delusions about intent for me. Plus we wasted so long to get in Spence for so little cash and Conte doesn't even care about the player. But then when you consider what the other teams have done (Chelsea - my god, Arse - gonna be a problem) and their intent on the last day then we may have lost ground (or just be in the position we should have been in end of last season). So I deducted 1 for a 5/10.

Hope I'm wrong.

But Romero is part of this window. We could have easily said he's not affordable or Levy could have screwed up negotiates this year.

Now he's our player. It finalized this window so it counts.
Sorry my dude but is your handle "St Louis Ducks"? And whats the IA in the logo? Iowa? Can't wait to see how badly I interpreted these...

Exactly!!!!!

Before yesterday I would have said 6 because we didn't do what was needed for the OUTs which tempered any delusions about intent for me. Plus we wasted so long to get in Spence for so little cash and Conte doesn't even care about the player. But then when you consider what the other teams have done (Chelsea - my god, Arse - gonna be a problem) and their intent on the last day then we may have lost ground (or just be in the position we should have been in end of last season). So I deducted 1 for a 5/10.

Hope I'm wrong.
I can't but help think there is a gap in between what people think THFC can do, and what it ought to do. IMO that gap is degenerate foreign money.

5 out of 10 seems harsh Todd.

One thing that distinguishes this thread from the main transfer thread is the civilised debate and general goodwill banter. No nasty insults or silly gooner jibes etc...

I think that's refreshing to see.

May not have been the case if it wasn't anonymous, mind.

I still reckon one or two people are giving a different vote to the the one they're publicly declaring though

:dembelelol:

I gave a 6, I like the players whove come in but I'm afraid the gaps in the squad ie the giant holes in a couple of places remain.

When romero got injured in came Sanchez and while he has done alright now Everton showed what to do, every team will do it.... (Leave him open and mark up elsewhere, its sissoko all over again.)

In midfield we need an am or at least more advanced MF. Right now we have 4 DM... We can't change shape very easily and will find it hard to break teams down when they defend deep.

Upfront, we are as always a kane injury/blow out away from a disaster.

Also if I read one more fn article about traore - the guy can't pass or shoot or cross... I nearly gave it an 8 just because we didn't sign that clutz.

I can't but help think there is a gap in between what people think THFC can do, and what it ought to do. IMO that gap is degenerate foreign money.

5 out of 10 seems harsh Todd.
This is my critieria...

0/10 would be 2018 levels of incompetence.
5/10 would be the bare minimum required to keep us competitive
10/10 would obviously equate to THE perfect window
...the actual criteria for this thread. And since I think we DID improve the team AND the squad BUT others were either starting from a better position, did as much as we did, or did a great deal more (plus, I was hoping we'd shed more deadwood so come January we'd have flexibility) = 6/10, just past the bare minimum required to keep us competitive...and by competitive I mean looking for the fourth place trophy hoping Arse aren't as good as they look; that ETH doesn't make this 3 game winning streak into something real; or that Chelsea and Liverpool will continue to struggle. Otherwise, we are going back to Qarabag.

And that's the point about the window, we didn't put destiny in our hands. And then I subtracted 1 point for the tragic denouement...a whimper not a bang, with the whole context of the window in place to see that we may have left ourselves short.

I mean, other's might not like my 'grade' but it would be in line with the test question and grading criteria.

This is my critieria...

...the actual criteria for this thread. And since I think we DID improve the team AND the squad BUT others were either starting from a better position, did as much as we did, or did a great deal more (plus, I was hoping we'd shed more deadwood so come January we'd have flexibility) = 6/10, just past the bare minimum required to keep us competitive...and by competitive I mean looking for the fourth place trophy hoping Arse aren't as good as they look; that ETH doesn't make this 3 game winning streak into something real; or that Chelsea and Liverpool will continue to struggle. Otherwise, we are going back to Qarabag.

And that's the point about the window, we didn't put destiny in our hands. And then I subtracted 1 point for the tragic denouement...a whimper not a bang, with the whole context of the window in place to see that we may have left ourselves short.

I mean, other's might not like my 'grade' but it would be in line with the test question and grading criteria.
That's a great post.

And nobody could, or has, complained that the grading parameters were unfair or biased.

Back
Top Bottom