Is It Time to Remove The Woolwich Filter?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the filter removes all links with that teams name in, should it be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've come to the conclusion that 29 people on this site are weird.
Couldn't agree more, apparently I should know better!
Ashley Olsen Eye Roll GIF by Filmeditor

Come on TFC - it's ridiculous now.
This is an internet site where we can't post any links that include the a-word because the pathetic filter changes it to Woolwich

I mean - it's a word in the dictionary.

Let the users vote. But before you do vote, consider the problems it causes when trying to post links.
Close this thread. You've been dismissed

Not sure what the point being made is here but Newcastle v Sunderland is a proper rivalry and a proper derby. They're both big local clubs, both shit and slightly less shit at various periods in time. Ask either set of supporters who their main rival is and it would be the other.
They're not in the same league most seasons.

What I'm saying, is I'd rather have Arse in the same league and have fixtures to look forward to every year.

Woolwich is just factual

No, no it's not.
Originally formed as "Dial Square Football Club" named after a workshop - located within "the Royal Ar53enaI" which happens to be located in Woolwich. That latest an entire MONTH before changing to Ar53enaI FC.
They have never been called Woolwich Ar53naI in their history. No reference to Woolwich anywhere.

If you're naming clubs based solely in their location on a map, Everton isn't a place. Do you refer to them as Liverpool?
Crystal Palace are named after an exhibition centre. Do you call them Selhurst or Croydon?

No, no it's not.
Originally formed as "Dial Square Football Club" named after a workshop - located within "the Royal Ar53enaI" which happens to be located in Woolwich. That latest an entire MONTH before changing to Ar53enaI FC.
They have never been called Woolwich Ar53naI in their history. No reference to Woolwich anywhere.

If you're naming clubs based solely in their location on a map, Everton isn't a place. Do you refer to them as Liverpool?
Crystal Palace are named after an exhibition centre. Do you call them Selhurst or Croydon?
Still flogging this poor old dead horse?

giphy.gif

Throughout a lot of the 90s/2000s (and beyond), personally, I couldn't stand all the 'stand up if you hate Woolwich, etc' type songs. To me it meant they were in our heads and given they were a far better side than us for most of that time, denoted an acceptance of us being 'second-best'. Not quite the same thing but I think the Woolwich thing is a bit puerile (maybe it's just an age thing), and whilst it's an automatic process on this site, I just think it still makes us give them too much thought.

No, no it's not.

They was named Woolwich Assnal in the 1890's

No, no it's not.

From the official Woolwich website;

The final game at the Club's old Manor Ground was a 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough on April 26, 1913. Soon after the move, Woolwich Woolwich become known as The Woolwich

Now I'm off to boil my fingers in tar after going anywhere near that website.

Edit:

That's why I love the filter;

"Woolwich Woolwich became known as the Woolwich"

It's beautiful.
:contelol: :contelol: :contelol:

No, no it's not.

I'm really not that arsed but in the interests of facts I will point out that Everton is very much a place. Everton, Liverpool - Wikipedia

They're not in the same league most seasons.

What I'm saying, is I'd rather have Arse in the same league and have fixtures to look forward to every year.
But it would be hilarious if they were relegated. I'm not sure why you don't think that!

Back
Top Bottom