Is It Time to Remove The Woolwich Filter?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the filter removes all links with that teams name in, should it be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should print this out, laminate it and hand out to all Spurs supporters. Calling them Woolwich keeps them in their place, and funnily enough has a stronger satisfaction than calling them Scum.
Calling them Woolwich keeps us on the moral high ground, it’s not an insult, it’s just a fact.

It also annoys me they’ve adopted a name that conveniently attempts to make them sound all tough and agressive. Woolwich does away with that nicely; never been there, but it just conjures up images of dull, grey suburbs and unsexy building society managers called Graham. Far more fitting.

Calling them Woolwich keeps us on the moral high ground, it’s not an insult, it’s just a fact.

It also annoys me they’ve adopted a name that conveniently attempts to make them sound all tough and agressive. Woolwich does away with that nicely; never been there, but it just conjures up images of dull, grey suburbs and unsexy building society managers called Graham. Far more fitting.
You just know someone on here is a building society manager called Graham.

:moursad:

You just know someone on here is a building society manager called Graham.

:moursad:
Yeah sorry to any Graham’s out there, although you should ask yourselves if you are actually a Gooner in disguise.

I just assumed all Spurs fans have cool occupations (spies/inventors/hostage negotiators etc) with names to match (James/Hedy/Tyson). I’m sure everyone here will confirm my theory.

(Long international break isn’t it.)

testing the embed URL function

yeah, opera android doesn't work

test, opera windows 10 embed URL

doesn't work on opera, windows 10

none-arse URL test

works heh : )

different arse embedded URL test

nope, embedding any arse URL doesn't work

Last edited:

George?

See a link
Click on it.
All day long
Feel like shit.

Thanks for that.

That link should earn a permanent ban. Where's Admin when you need him/her?
You want to get someone banned for posting a filtered link to another football club, on a thread about the filter to that very football club, and the issue with said links.

Get a life.

Sorry - it was probably my fault - sometimes I think I'm funnier than I really am. I'll edit the post.

I keep forgetting to add a smiley or a lol etc when i'm joking.

The main thing is we win tomorrow, or at the very least don't lose.

I shan't bump this thread any more as the point of it has been made and replied to, so I'll let it slide away.

No. I actually find alot of the nick names we have for other clubs embarrassing to us(wet spam being one),but not this one.
EDIT
Also,on a personal level,I type in their real name on here safe in the knowledge it will change as I struggle to spell Woolwich...

Come on TFC - it's ridiculous now.
This is an internet site where we can't post any links that include the a-word because the pathetic filter changes it to Woolwich

I mean - it's a word in the dictionary.

Let the users vote. But before you do vote, consider the problems it causes when trying to post links.
This is my filtered response:
fist shake GIF

Yes, get rid of it ... it's something a ten year old would say/do.

It's like Gooners calling us Spuds ... entry level bantz. Embarrasing.

Another reason for keeping Woolwich is the wealth of magical 'workarounds' it produces. You know what I mean - Arse-Anal, etc.

Back
Top Bottom