Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's crazy how a big defeat like the NLD can completely alter your perception. For the last week I totally forgot we're still challenging near the top of the table despite that big loss. Just looked at the table and recalled we are only 3 points behind City who seem to be slaughtering everyone.

Its been such a good start to the season results-wise, couldn't really have asked for much more. The NLD still rankles but Emersons suspension might be the best thing to happen to us. Doherty and Sess both deserved a chance and hopefully Spence is not far behind.

Bissouma seems to be settling in now and Richarlison has been important since the first game. Kulus return will also add a creative dimension that we sometimes miss. Much of the forum seems to have forgot all that in the wake of the Derby.

The other positives from today is Bissouma showing he's regaining his fitness and is now not too far away from the form of Hojbjerg and Bissouma, add in Skipp coming on even if only for last minute and we've now almost got our midfield quartet - and that I think gave Conte confidence to play a 352.,

That works much better as we can play 3 CM's with one on the bench, whilst playing 2 forwards with one forward on the bench (not forgetting we still have CM's Sarr and White available and forward Gil as well). So in our chosen formation we also have ready made subs on the bench.

Also means we are using more of the squad. and that's got to be good.

Still in 3rd place,
- 6 points ahead of 5th placed Newcastle,
- 6 points ahead of 6th placed Brighton albeit they have a game in hand,
- 8 points ahead of 7th placed ManU albeit they have 2 games in hand

so we are in a good place.

Huge fucking win. That was a much better performance and the proper formation for a game against this kind of difficult opposition. Son is still doing my fucking head in with his disgusting touch and passing. But Kane was very involved in everything, and the midfield was actually a thing for once. We really needed that.

Also we looked much better with these wingbacks.

I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt

I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt
Honestly thought this was a sarcastic post at first.

But halfway through realized you’re just a grumpy old cunt.

So You're not a fan then, just a glory boy...... Doors over there mate

They both need resting.

Look at Son when he was benched, bang.

They both need resting, for the good of themselves and the team, quite clear IMO. People act every single game like both are undroppable, poppycock.

A post with some logic. I don’t disagree. Some very fickle fans around who slag our best two players off, who have won us the game.

I completely agree. They do need a rest, but with kulu and moura out, that ain’t gonna happen.

Didnt we all just love the days of attacking football and barely scraping into top half of table getting hidings off everyone
Yes I witnessed that under issue with a 5 man attacking prowess.

We used to lose a lot due to conceding 4,5 or even 6 every game.

It’s nice to have a manger who knows what he’s doing.

Didnt we all just love the days of attacking football and barely scraping into top half of table getting hidings off everyone

That was not down to the style of football at the time we had poor teams. Attacking football doesn’t mean losing teams just as defensive football means winning teams it’s more about the quality of the squad

How dare you make such a post. You aren’t spurs, fella. And you never will be.

Don’t ever post on this forum again pretending to be a spurs fan.

Leave.

Back
Top Bottom