Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was really good to see him on the touchline yesterday, and celebrating with everyone. You couldn't miss him in that dodgy cardigan (yes I know it cost over a grand, but price doesn't mean tasteful!).
I hope he manages to play in the World Cup, as it is plainly obvious how much it means to him and how important he is to his country.
yup, regardless of how they perform, mentally it will do him a world of good and I hope he comes back fresh. It would expect them to go out the first week of December, that should give him over three weeks without a competitive game.

He seems much more interested in being a brand ambassador these days. Not sure if football is his #1 priority. Setting himself up for life after football.
He's been set up for life the moment he signed his first contract with Spurs. He's been doing these advertising gigs for years now.

You want to talk dedication? He signed a contract last season when Kane was trying to fuck off to City. If his primary motivation was cash, that would have been the time to also fuck off, a team like Bayern would happily have taken him and given him a huge pay rise.

Looks like Kato.

Na na na na na na na na na

batman help GIF

He seems much more interested in being a brand ambassador these days. Not sure if football is his #1 priority. Setting himself up for life after football.
I just got back from Korea.

Someone compared Sonny to David Beckham. It’s close but Beckham had rivals both in his own sport and in other popular athletes outside football: Michael Owen, Lennox Lewis, Paula Radcliffe, Steven Redgrave. Sonny has no peer in Korea. There is only Son. He doesn’t have to worry about setting himself up for life. It’s done.

I just got back from Korea.

Someone compared Sonny to David Beckham. It’s close but Beckham had rivals both in his own sport and in other popular athletes outside football: Michael Owen, Lennox Lewis, Paula Radcliffe, Steven Redgrave. Sonny has no peer in Korea. There is only Son. He doesn’t have to worry about setting himself up for life. It’s done.

Maybe Tiger Woods at his peak with Americans would be a closer comparison.. or just straight up he is the Maradona of Korea

He's class on and off the pitch. He deserves respect for life for what he's achieved at Spurs. He's struggling right now, but he'll rise again.

Love you, Sonny lad

Is it just a form thing or is he suddenly just past his prime and on the decline? It happens to every player, and it can also happen quite suddenly. He'll still be a very good player, and will still score goals for us. But I think it will be quite unfair to expect him to do what he used to regularly do for us from here on in.

Back
Top Bottom