Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you want us to play full strength after 1 day rest? When we got chelsea on the weekend.

I'm saying we should give it the same respect as we did against a lowly Norwegian team at home at a minimum. I'm seeing people sticking Fryers, Kane (on the wing!) and Friedel in line-ups here as if Lloris needs to rest.

If Lennon is not back from injury I'd like to see:

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Chiriches - Naughton
Sandro - Holtby
Lamela - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Defoe

assuming also Chadli, Defoe and Kaboul's injuries are finished.

Only Walker in that has had "too much game time"

Has Fryers even played left back for us yet in a competitive game? I'd have preferred he was tested in that position against Tromso at home, not Villa away.

I think there's a real chance AVB will dip into the developmental squad for this one based off his comments. Probably going out on a prayer here, but I'd love to see Veljkovic given a go. Bentaleb saw a good chunk of time in preseason as well, so we could very well see him.

Yeah. What's going on with him, forced to train away from the first team, I think I heard?

I assumed he was training with the youth because he missed so much of the pre season and needed to get physically fit and maybe even mentally after his brothers death and all. I hope he plays tomorrow because id rather see him start rather than risking soldado or playing kane (if defoe is injury free he should start)

If there isn't a genuine problem with Ade, then I see no reason why he shouldn't play... and assuming Defoe IS a genuine injury doubt, then even more reason!
AVB did say that no one involved on Sunday would be involved tonight... but not sure if that includes subs... in which case, expect Holtby/Lamela & Kane to feature!

Personally, the only starter from Sunday i'd give a game would be Naughton, either to revert back to RB and get a decent game out of him (banishing the memory of Sunday!) or back at LB to GIVE him 90 more minutes experience there, in the assumption that Rose could be out again on Saturday... otherwise, Kaboul (if fit) or Vlad the Impaler (if he's any good) to partner Dawson at CB, and Jan going to LB makes much more sense for Saturday!

So is there any streams? I'm blown to bits right now, as it seems I have been dumped my imaginary girlfriend who is actually real :d. :walkercry::avbfu:

Back
Top Bottom