Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Sunday 19th Feb 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All these new age tactician managers love to micro manage every tiny aspect of the gameplay to the point it just stifles the players natural ability and play.

I remember Fabregas said something similar about Mourinho. Just wouldnt let them play football.

Sometimes a guy like Redknapp telling them to “faackin’ run around a bit’ is a breath of fresh air.

At the game

It’s mental we are still playing the balls sideways every goal kick when they are putting 3 players on the edge of the box.

They have six players in our half go over the top!

There is no tactical awareness in this team

What an utter pile of wank.

No cohesion in anything we do. So disjointed. We are so uncomfortable when we are forced to have the ball. It’s like we aren’t coached to have the ball. When the cb’s have it only Skipp shows, then when the midfield have it the forwards all just stand in a horizontal line next to defenders, no e of them move to give an option.

Emerson and Davies are working hard, doing ok, but surely if we aren’t going to play through the midfield (which we can’t with two perfunctory CM’s) and AM’s that create fuck all, against a team that sits back, isn’t this when a Porro would be useful?

I don’t want Poch back because professional sports hardly ever provides a romantic conclusion and going back never works, but fuck me we need some sort of identity and, at the very least, he loves us and wants to build something here.

What the fuck is this three at the back nonsense? We’re playing a system designed for pragmatic shithouse Italians with a sprinkling of WB magic. We just don’t have the players for it and yet, week in week out, he insists on serving up the same shit.

It’s so poor.

And it’s absolutely zero fun. There’s no joy in our team. Just positional drudgery.
And it is not like it is helping us out defensively either, it is just removing a midfielder. I am fucking sick of watching it.

I don’t want Poch back because professional sports hardly ever provides a romantic conclusion and going back never works, but fuck me we need some sort of identity and, at the very least, he loves us and wants to build something here.

What the fuck is this three at the back nonsense? We’re playing a system designed for pragmatic shithouse Italians with a sprinkling of WB magic. We just don’t have the players for it and yet, week in week out, he insists on serving up the same shit.

It’s so poor.

And it’s absolutely zero fun. There’s no joy in our team. Just positional drudgery.

It’s utter dross isn’t it? I hate it

Very workmanlike and laboured not enough zip. don't help that spammers have everyone behind the ball.

Romero be best player for us.

Like how Richarlison battles for everyball we especially when in their 18 yard box.

Need some quality from winbacks.

Back
Top Bottom