Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It beats the shit out of silence.

Not if it's hollow bollocks.... Agree to disagree, I guess.

So much of Spursology/ENICology is this sort of "of course, you absolute fool, the mysterious and unspoken situation is obvious" when the club coming out and just saying "we are aware of charges leveled against Paratici which are currently pending appeal, Paratici remains in his post and the club will not have further comment until the resolution of the appeal" would eliminate so much confusion and paranoia.

But the attitude of the club's leadership is that public statements A. only make things worse and B. aren't something the gammon rubes who attend matches and the parasite journalists they read deserve.

Of course none of this is in any way a self-concocted notion and is all very much an "Enic only" thing....

Spurs would really benefit from a board-level person with actual influence and credibility who was capable and given the remit to speak on behalf of the club.

Levy is unwilling to do it and is bad at it. Fine. His core duties and competencies lie elsewhere. Paratici is strictly on the football side and has very limited English, as our top football leaders have tended to, which is fine for those positions.

The club needs to be able to speak through something other than un-signed statements and bottom level PR lackeys.

You and I disagree - I think Fab has done well as did Mitchell

That may be, but his hit-rate at Spurs doesn't back up that notion.

Fab has had more hits in less time.

- and I don’t share you’re optimism as I think we could easily end up with someone worse than either Mitchell or Fab.

Eh?

......What have I said that is overtly optimistic?

...And you'd be somehow appeased by that would you?

Personally, I think if he can be put to use in some way - i.e. doing his day job - whilst everything's pending he should just get on with doing that.

Hardly an apples & apples comparison there....... One was publicly exposed for sexual assault and essentially rape.....

Fabs's been accused of being a bit of a naughty boy when it comes to the tax man........... The average football fan likely doesn't give a shit about this; let alone the wider populace.

Want a better point of reference? .....We stood right by Rednkapp when he faced a potential prison sentence for tax cheaty stuff and he remained in the dugout throughout.

So many 'molehills' being built
Your unnecessary snarky tone aside - it’s what a lot of companies (sports and otherwise) do when employees are accused of wrong-doing but the credence of the accusation is uncertain. Saves the company from potential embarrassment while not doing anything permanent. Like releasing a video to the fans on behalf of the club right before FIFA imposes a worldwide ban.

As for me being satisfied - it would have saved from the banter I’m getting for my Gooner colleagues today so yes - I’d be happier if Fab had been put out on administrative leave - Thanks for asking

… and of course the alleged crimes between Fab and Greenwood are not equivalent - it’s just the first example that popped into my head of someone on paid leave - but again thanks - this time for stating the obvious.

Last edited:
Not if it's hollow bollocks.
There is genuine confusion and dispute as to whether Paratici is in fact working in his role and who is fulfilling the functions of his position, amidst the closing of transfer windows and the tempest around the manager position.

Clarifying that is not "hollow bollocks".

And your response will be exactly what I just stated above "oh, you fool, you rube, the situation is CLEARLY this" despite absolutely no public acknowledgement of that from the club.

The club should be able to speak through something other than pathetic message board trolls.

A DoF works with many people, a good one has those that report to him and develop them to a point where they excel and become DoF in their own right at other clubs (look at Monci's, Ragnick and Morratta's teams - they've all branched out on their own at some point but they've all continued to reside over effective rolls (Monchi had his bleep and Ragnick went to Utd and now he's Austria's head coach).

It's not a mess if you saw Paratici as an issue. Were you confident in him owning a free-flowing, attacking style of football whilst he saw Nuno, Gattuso and Conte as the manager to deliver this? (I actually think he did a good job at getting Conte in at the time, and still does given we had Nuno stinking out the place but also knew how that could end).

We've cut one tumour out (Conte) and we are now onto the 2nd. This latest news is a godsend and accelerates the entire process.

Do I trust Levy to sort it out and appoint another DoF and Manager? Hell no! But the opportunity is there, right now. Pick up the phone to Nagelsmann and ask him if he had a blank cheque who he would want to work with, what DoF, and what environment he wants.

Think back to what City did to bring Pep in. They first brought in half of the Barca key people, they in turn started to build the environment that they knew Pep wanted, they started to recruit the right profile players. When they sat down with him so much of what made him great at Barca was now in place and installed at City.

We have the opportunity to do the same (a shorter time frame) but non the less we can start to look to create an environment that a new coach feels is tailored for him. To do this BEFORE he's appointed.
Klinsmann might’ve been a good shout as DOF if he hadn’t just committed to South Korea.
Respected and well known, with contacts around the world. Knows the “Spurs Way” and knows what goes into winning silverware. Good possible fit with Nagelsmann.

Why is this cunt still in a job?
Why don't we scrap this pathetic director of football shit and let the fucking manager identify and select the players he wants to sign for his system.

It's not rocket science.

This director of football role has done nothing for us, also gets a wage off the wage bill.

Your unnecessary snarky tone aside -

Not snarky..... I'm just increasingly baffled about how much of big deal people (not just you) are prepared to make this.

If the club came out this morning and stated..... Blah Blah... "It's business as usual until Fab's appeal is resolved", your life would be significantly better/easier would it?

Seriously?

As for me being satisfied - it would have saved from the banter I’m getting for my Gooner colleagues today so yes - I’d be happier if Fab had been put out on administrative leave - Thanks for asking

Hilarious on multiple levels that you'd throw this in given you're talking about fans of a club that are harbouring - without suspension of any kind; in fact quietly backing him as a victim - a player who's been publicly outed as a rapist and further more continues to be probed by the police for further cases of rape.

… and of course the alleged crimes between Fab and Greenwood are not equivalent - it’s just the first example that popped into my head of someone on paid leave - but again thanks for stating the obvious.

Sorry, mate, but examples are meant to have some semblance of comparability to be worth anything to the context of the debate.

There is genuine confusion and dispute as to whether Paratici is in fact working in his role and who is fulfilling the functions of his position, amidst the closing of transfer windows and the tempest around the manager position.

Clarifying that is not "hollow bollocks".

And your response will be exactly what I just stated above "oh, you fool, you rube, the situation is CLEARLY this" despite absolutely no public acknowledgement of that from the club.

As I just asked the guy above:

If the club came out this morning and stated..... Blah Blah... "It's business as usual until Fab's appeal is resolved", your life would be significantly better/easier would it?

This forum would be all the more tranquil as a result would it?

Would it fuck.

.....And, no I've not called you a fool..... Or a rube.... Whatever the fuck that is.

The club should be able to speak through something other than pathetic message board trolls.

......I'm about to call you a dick-head though.

Enjoy the mini-frenzy you're prepared to whip yourself into.

Spurs would really benefit from a board-level person with actual influence and credibility who was capable and given the remit to speak on behalf of the club.

Levy is unwilling to do it and is bad at it. Fine. His core duties and competencies lie elsewhere. Paratici is strictly on the football side and has very limited English, as our top football leaders have tended to, which is fine for those positions.

The club needs to be able to speak through something other than un-signed statements and bottom level PR lackeys.

Donna Cullen is an Executive Director of Tottenham Hotspur Ltd and has been for over 15 years, and before that was Managing Director of a PR agency, so I'd suggest they do have someone at a senior level capable of doing what you say.

Given where Spurs are its questionable what to say other than of course the club will be looking for a permanent manager, but as already said they think the appointment of Stellini and Mason is the best solution for the next 10 days.

As I've posted before, there's been quite a few dodgy deals done in Serie A before whether match fixing or the 'capital gains' issue which seems to be dodgy but not illegal, except where it might offend accounting rules ....... but that was down to the Juventus Board/FD to deal with if it was. And as others have pointed out plenty of scandals around Barcelona, Real Madrid et al. But in the past the punishment has usually been of the clubs involved, not the executives or Directors - I cannot think of any executives convicted for these types of crime .......

So should the club have done something about Paratici ........ the first time that there seemed to be an issue of a personal sanction was January - just over 2 months ago, and that might have come as a surprise to all the Juventus directors and Spurs ? Maybe the feeling was it would be counter productive to do anything until the appeals process was over and/or when his contract was up in June...... and if so then it makes sense to say nothing

Paratici has put together a team of experienced recruitment staff, so him stopping do that does NOT mean transfer activities stop at all. Maybe someone internally steps up to oversee everything to do with transfers with Paraciti giving advice if requested.

I'd be surprised if the recruitment process for a DoF has not already started, even if its just putting together a list of potential DoF's ..... but no point in putting out an announcement about that or half the fans on this board would apply !

Back
Top Bottom