Chief Football Officer Scott Munn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who the fuck is Scott Munn?

Whoever he is, I welcome the insight from Levy and the Board that a top of the line sporting organisation is needed at this level, and that the current board isn't it.

Gonna copy my post from the other thread, sue me

To be clear he is absolutely not a football person full stop, he's a business-side person with a business-side resume, making this title a little weird. It's more like a second attempt at the Trevor Birch appointment, remember that?

The good news is that Levy is not a moron, it's clear he understands an operation at Spurs' current scale can't be a three man leadership show of a manager, a head of recruitment, and Levy himself like it's still 2004. You need management and lines of authority. Having the actual football operations of the men's and women's teams do their operational day-to-day reporting to someone who isn't Levy is a sensible step even if entirely meaningless in terms of Levy's power and control.

What would be even better news is if this is someone willing and able to speak publicly about the club and its operations and plans. Because, like, Jesus H. Christ look at that announcement. Can we get a picture of Scott Munn? A quote? Literally any explanation about what the job is at all?

Don't be disappointed if this guy is just a PR lackey. PR lackeys is actually one of the most critically deficient areas at the club. I don't see much in the way of public communication at his previous posts though, I guess we'll see.

It's also quite funny and revealing that amidst all the tumult over Paratici, there was not the slightest whiff of this from any supposed club insiders in the journalism community. Remember that next time someone claims they know what's going on inside Lillywhite House.

Whoever he is, I welcome the insight from Levy and the Board that a top of the line sporting organisation is needed at this level, and that the current board isn't it.
''The Australian is currently chief executive of City Football Group China, having previously held the same position at Melbourne City FC.

A move to the Premier League club would be his first role in European football, with his remit also taking in the club’s academy and women’s team.''

What footballing departments? All I’ve seen lately is NFL games, Beyoncé concerts, cheese tastings and 90 minute torture sessions.

I hope not. He maybe great but I recall people I will not name wanting Gerrard after what he achieved at Celtic. I think the job is way too easy there to judge accurately
Gerrard was at Rangers which at the time he took it over was relatively speaking a more difficult job.

The Old Firm jobs are weird.

Postecoglou has done a lot of stuff elsewhere though, and he is well known for damn-the-torpedoes football and attitude generally.

I want him for the US National Team job based on his success with Australia and style, but the Premier League is a brutal challenge, I dunno.

Is this appointment to take the heat off Levy ? He can say the club is seeking to improve and progress which might be an attempt to pacify the fans. He also has someone else to sack when it goes wrong....sorry IF it goes wrong!
Levy covering his arse ?

"Chief Officer Munn reporting for duty, SARR!!!"

FocusedOrdinaryGypsymoth-max-1mb.gif

Baldy has " HIRED " his FALL GUY / PATSY man:levylol: .... heat got too much for him this time

:levystare: aint never stepping down or giving up control..... although potentially there will be less meddling from him, how much? time will only tell.

Back
Top Bottom