Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the worst percormance I've seen since Wigan at home last year.
Dominated all over the park other than Townsend but he still run into traffic constantly. They stifled us completely and fairplay to them for that. The main problem today was Defoe in part, iit showed his limitations purely, that ball just wouldn't stick to him at all, the hold up play was non existent and Eriksen had nothing to feed and himself was overcrowded.
Hopefully this is a blip. Every team has blips. We got it wrong today, that doesn't warrant a change in manager or squad overhall. The football world isn't formed by one match. We can use our transition as an excuse for now, I've got faith, melting makes us look like cunts. Haven't enjoyed reading this thread today, embarrassing. Im not all fucking rose tinted, we were shit. Onward and upward:avbcringe:

Well that was shit and a what a way to end a terrible weekend. (Friday night, wallet stolen, bank account emptied, still the stupid cunts ordered a take away pizza to deliver to their house, so hopefully the old bill will be knocking on their door very soon) .

Having read through this thread, everything I was going to say has been just about been said. It's just that on the day AVB was tactically out done by Big Fat Pie Eating Sam. By playing everything through the middle all teams have to do, as West Ham did today, is congest the middle of the park and then catch us on the break.

Let's hope AVB has a Plan B.

I didnt see the game. I am away with no paid tv. Woke up to check the results. In my head I thought we probably choked because my rugby league team won. I was thinking 0-1 loss or a draw. To my horror we have lost 0-3.What sort of sick joke is this? The scum drew. We had our cchance to be on top, instead we got pumped by those pikey fucks.

Not sure what the fuck it is with me and West Ham! (See last season for those who don't know/remember).

Sat on the divide, literally the last seat. Interesting. Just spent 90 minutes laughing at the cunts. Animals they are.

Man directly behind me was hit with a coin resulting in a bleeding ear. Policeman took the coin as evidence (nothing will be done). I made a hilarious joke about how the coin (10p) was their weeks wages (West Ham's not the policeman's). Man two rows in front of me was full on spat on (showed the o.b. the big lump of spit on the back of his head). Saw where it came from. Policeman said it would be looked into after the game!!!

Called us racists god knows how many times. I picked out at least four people making big nose gestures whilst chanting it :harrylol:.

Yid is now banned because it is 'inciting racial hatred' ? But them singing 'he's coming for you, we can't say his name, he's coming for you' isn't!?

Man in a Rangers cap :harrylol: was full on abusing a policeman for not arresting us all for saying 'Yiddo'. Hilarious.

Picture below (from miles away) me and my brother circled -
hZ7RVsi.jpg

I was 3 seats from the divide in B35... also saw the bloke with spit in his hair, he was the row in front of me... Disgusting behaviour. Onto the chants, I heard, from their side, 'Viva Lazio', four times. Fucking nasty. But the one that really fucking wound me up was: "He's coming for you, he's coming for you, we cant say his name, he's coming for you.".It was not sung by a small group of them, but several hundreds. Serious-fucking-ly, is that the kind of shit that these absolute tossers can get away with these days, simply because they don't use the Y word? (YIDS)? Are the authorities actually disempowered by the fact that the context is so much worse than the actual words?

The fucking tossers then proceeded to label us racists. For example, 'From the racist boys, no noise'. And pointing and chanting 'racist' at anyone who chanted anything with the word 'yid' in. I can't possibly describe how angry I was hearing this. I came so fucking close to launching myself at them. Thank fuck I didn't. I controlled myself, kicked the shit out of a( empty seat in front of me and then got some whisky for the journey down the High Road. Much more sensible.

I'm furious about the result, but more fucking furious about the way that the police and stewards stood there and allowed those tossers to hurl their abuse.

I think a big underlying problem in today's match was yet again ... the lack of creativity.
Ever since we got Eriksen, we seem to be putting all our cards into him.

Tbf, he too needs more time than people think.

The dutch league is pretty different to the PL. Right away, people were mentioning him as the club's solution to this creativity problem. After the first game, even the media came along. It probably all came a bit too fast for Eriksen. Two games in a row, he has been rather below par, all because he still needs time to adjust.

The funny and ironic part is that ... our need to buy a CAM probably has brought out the best in a player we already have, who many (probably including the manger too) thought he was more of a #6.

Holtby has really reacted well to the competition and can be a great #10 if he gets game time.
We know what he is all about with his energy, ever since last season. And this season we are seeing another dimension of his, being his vision. Imo, this combination of his attributes really seem pretty ideal for the PL.

I just feel that he probably would have done a better job today instead of Eriksen. Hell, even both of them together might have been even better.
Hopefully he gets his chance soon. :holtbytongue:

Never been a huge fan of the way AVB has had us playing, but held my tongue while results were going our way so as not to be the ghost at the feast. But this is a total aberration and this squad deserves better direction.

Last edited:
Never been a huge fan of the way AVB has had us playing, but held my tongue while results were going our way. But this is a total aberration and this squad deserves better direction.

I'll translate.

I'm fine with the way he has us playing so long as we're winning but I wont give him any praise or credit for that. After one shit game I've decided the man hasn't a clue. I've been waiting for this moment for ages.

Back
Top Bottom