Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since the arrival of Boehly about 20 months ago, Chelsea have spent 800m and bought 20 players. I have never seen anything like it, even from the oligarch teams.

I know they’ve stretch the contracts but surely there’s going to be an FFP issue? They haven’t even got CL revenue, massively inflated sponsorship or big stadium.

Last edited:
I know they’ve stretch the contracts but surely there’s going to be an FFP issue?
There's absolutely FFP issues. The whole theory is that FFP room should be treated like salary cap space in American sports and that long contracts of club control for talented youngsters maximize the use of that flexibility.

Completely ignoring the volatility of those assets and fit with each other, the club, the manager, it's a very very stupid plan.

Poch is a fairly shrewd choice to helm such a project, but it might go very wrong very quickly and will be hard to sustain for long in any event.

There's absolutely FFP issues. The whole theory is that FFP room should be treated like salary cap space in American sports and that long contracts of club control for talented youngsters maximize the use of that flexibility.

Completely ignoring the volatility of those assets and fit with each other, the club, the manager, it's a very very stupid plan.

Poch is a fairly shrewd choice to helm such a project, but it might go very wrong very quickly and will be hard to sustain for long in any event.

Yeah, even ignoring FFP, in normal circumstances you would expect this strategy to be biting them in the arse in the not to distant future, then the fucking Saudi life raft sailed I to port.

Yeah, even ignoring FFP, in normal circumstances you would expect this strategy to be biting them in the arse in the not to distant future, then the fucking Saudi life raft sailed I to port.
The problem isn't really that they're going to run out of money or get in trouble with UEFA or something.

The problem is that they have a dog's breakfast of a squad that doesn't add up to a coherent team and they have no flexibility to fix things and make them right the way their manager wants to.

Since the arrival of Boehly about 20 months ago, Chelsea have spent 800m and bought 20 players. I have never seen anything like it, even from the oligarch teams.

I know they’ve stretch the contracts but surely there’s going to be an FFP issue? They haven’t even got CL revenue, massively inflated sponsorship of big stadium.

Probably massive money laundering of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom