Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still didn’t see how Romero hurt his head.

Game pretty much as expected first half, us dominating the ball and territory but looking like a team still learning. Brentford always dangerous on the counter.

Brentford scored two very skanky goals, it was a pen, stupid challenge, and a skanky own goal.

Bissouma is running the game, but all our midfielders, including him have got the bust their bollocks when Brentford break, we’ve left the cb’s totally exposed at times.

Son and Kulusevski offering very little in their wide remits, as a result things are very squeezed into the centre.

I repeat, we desperately need some quality attacking options - including another 8 who can create/see incisive passes.

Every time our wingers get the ball they are surrounded by 3 players, Brentford really defend those wide areas well hence why Son and Kulu are ineffective.

Didn't think so live or on the first replay but it looked increasingly like one with each subsequent viewing.

File under "soft" but we'd have been howling for it.
Hasslebank said it best on my stream, there was contact but contacts all owed it want enough for him to go down and certainly not to overturn an onfield decision

NBC studio folks said Spurs were hard done by on that pen. Also said Spurs are wild, players all over the place, backs scoring goals, fun to watch
Honestly I've noticed that with the American network pundits, they seem to be way more balanced than the English ones.

(Now someone is going to tell me that they are all Gooners and Chavs calling Spurs "Spuds" every segment.)

Emerson more at fault there! Free kick was deep in Brentford half. One ball over the top and royal is too weak. I’m fact there was a challenge that he bottled out of earlier. Was t strong enough. If his tight with his man no way the guy gets round him. However it’s so much easier to beat your man when playing on the side you kick with. If that was kulu going down the right one he would never beat the man and two would never be able to put a ball in with his right foot. On the left he could cross first time. Our play is too slow, no movement , wide players can’t beat their man and too congested in the middle.
what's sad is Brentford not even trying to press us. They're just like ... thank you for building up our game. Just leave us the final assist, and with one pass once you lose the ball we're sending a forward to create a goal chance.

Not sure what to make of that.

We were average, to be honest. Son and Richie don’t appear to know what they’re doing. Kulu is just drifting inside in a straight line.

Biss has looked comfortable. Likewise Maddison. VdV has done ok.

I’d like to see Solomon on and Son switched inside. Richie off. He’s been shit.
Richie hasn't had one good pass yet. He would have headed the first goal if Romero had missed it. Son has been really poor.

Back
Top Bottom