Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

F3aN3cLXsAAwVBv

VDV starts!!

Looking forward to the match. Not often you see one where both goaltenders are making their Premier League debut. First chance to see Postecoglou's system in a game that means something. Brentford has some good players and a good manager so it will be a good opening test. I'm thinking 4-2 Spurs.
Please don’t say goaltenders

This is my 56th season following Spurs, and the anticipation, hope and excitement before the start of the first game of a new season, are still the same. Despite my decision at the end of last season to try and distance myself from Spurs (not for the first time), because of the emotional drainage of last season. I just have to except, there is no escape, but death...maybe. As the Eagles sang in Hotel California, "You can you check out any time you like, but you can never leave"
I feel this is the start of a new era, with Ange joining and Kane leaving. And while I'll be elated if we win today, and gutted if we lose. We have to keep in mind, Ange-ball will take time to settle in.
COYS! (Brentford 2 Spurs 3)

As an Inter fan, i am given the option to either pay 40 euros for all Serie A, or 15 euros for 3 Serie A games a week and ALL EPL games. That's absolutely ridiculous and I am obviously picking the second one.
If I am going to start watching EPL, I will need a team to support though. Because Vicario is one of my favourite players, from today onwards I will be following the Spurs. Maybe i will become a fan.
This game will be the second Spurs game i'll have ever watched.
Go Spurs! (sorry for the short rant)

No mate get a grip, I've been a supporter probably longer than you have been alive...
I'm guessing you weren't even born in the mid 80s were you ???
So basically stop being an arrogant twat and jumping to conclusions that you know anything about me, and have you really enjoyed the last 5 seasons...have you ???

Here it is.

"I have been a supporter since before you were born"

Yeah mate, we get it, you're old. We know, your names fucking Nigel

Kane
Is
Staying
AT_Spurs
Levy.Has
Pulled.Your
Laderhosens
Down!
Suck.it
Up
bitches!
lineup code
[lineup]
Kane
Is Staying AT_Spurs Levy.Has Pulled.Your
Laderhosens Down!

Suck.it Up bitches!
[/lineup]

:levyeyes:

Just seen Ange's full presser.

He pretty much ruled out a start for Micky as he hasn't had much of a pre-season or enough minutes.

So for the mob on here that have been giving it the big un all summer about how we should all relax and we will definitley not be starting the season with a defence featuring Dier or Sanchez.

Well I have one thing to say to you tools, you were wrong. AGAIN.

mugs

Van de Ven in after like three training sessions, shows how Ange rates our CB options.

Some thoughts from first half:

- Bissouma is class. First midfielder we've had since Dembele that can receive the ball in tight midfield spaces and get us further up the pitch.

- Udogie and Maddison have already shown in 45 mins that they will improve this team greatly

- The way the wingers have to play under Angeball, Solomon might be more suited to the system than Kulu or even Son

- Get that CB and attacker signed ASAP. Once the team get used to to the system, we will be very effective but the squad needs improving with quality, not quantity

- 2-2 away at Brentford and I've seen enough in this half to see what Ange is building so stop panicking you melts. He's undoing the dinosaur football from the Conte/Mourinho era whilst working with a tight budget and already showing he can do the job. Give the team time.

- Vdv is having a decent debut in a difficult away game with minimal training with the team. Goal was unlucky, it was an instinctive situation where defenders are forced to react quickly. A cleaner touch and he clears it. A slower reaction and he misses it and Vicario collects.

Went to the pub where I had a lovely turkey roast. Only problem the commentary was turned up when the game started, so I just plugged in my headphones, no way could I put up with the inane chatter for two hours!
As for the game, I didn't fall asleep or spend most of the time on my phone, so that was a plus.
I thought we deserved a win but considering that was Ange's first PL game, and a team that hadn't played together all that much, thought the performance on the whole was good.
I'm optimistic that once things start gelling, we will play better and we reap the rewards.
Big shout out to Biss, Madders and Destiny, they were magnificent. Not going to go too hard on the forward line but they do need to up their game, based on today's showing. Maybe once they get on each other's wavelength, we will see a big improvement.
First game under our belt, bring on Yanited!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom