Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you’re going to ignore his actual contributions?

He was not himself. No question about it. I just think you can’t ignore his output
No, he still has his finishing, but we were basically playing with 10 players on the pitch outside of the final third, that's just an untenable situation.

Richy is an easy target after last season. last season at Everton he got 13 in a season where they nearly went down. Just about saved them on his own. Must be capable of 15 in a good attacking team. No one plays well at Brentford. They throttle the game and just play on the break. They are past masters at it.
let’s see him at home to United when they will attack us , more space for us.
people talk about 20 goal a season strikers when they are a very rare breed. Kane and Salah regularly do it but not many others. Rashford was said to have had a fantastic season last time and he didn’t make 20.
Michael Owen never got 20 league goals in a season.

Ill be in the trenches fighting Anges corner whilst youll be calling him a dinosaur and begging Levy to sack him by february next year and thats an absolute fucking fact

Strange definition of the word 'fact' you have there, the word you're looking for is prediction and it's an utterley shit one at that based on the fact that I correctly called out our previous manager shite performance last season in which he deserved criticism.

Ok. The xG if you take away the penalty was pretty much identical, in fact they edge it. They created the best open play chance of the game (a missed open goal!!!) and had several other half-chances, same as us.

We dominated possession because that's how we play. And yes, Emerson's goal is a worldie. He doesn't score from 0.03 xG on a regular basis.

The penalty is soft but pretty much by the rules these days, the ankle is caught and that makes it a penalty.

It was a close game, we weren't a "Lot better" by any stretch, this is emotion/tribalism clouding reality completely.
Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Yeah, if they drop off In performance like they did today.

Play his way and to his standards and the results will take care of themselves.

If you play to his philosophy, you will BLOW teams away. Even city.

From what I saw today you are miles off where he wants to be but you can see where it’s headed.

Give him time and all other football will look slow, cumbersome and old fashioned.

TRUST THE PROCESS 🤘🤘🤘
👍....fair enough fella

He was good enough to be a back up.

I can’t think of a clear error.
He would be Ok playing against counter attacking teams because he has speed and he can mostly defend that. As soon as he plays against teams who play attacking football, he is a liability. He is clumsy. Not good at reading a game as well. He has shown over the past 4 seasons, he is not good enough.

I agree with mostly everything people have said about today's game and Biss/Madders/etc but I disagree about Richi.

He wasn't bad. He didn't waste endless chances he just didn't really have that many chances, period. Brentford sat back and packed their own box, so he was always outnumbered and the players around the box didn't really get balls into him.

It was noticeable in the second half he was obviously fed up and ventured out the box to get involved in the game but he usually bumped into Son. He needs better service and we need to be able to pass between/behind players.

With Vicario though - someone on here (can't remember who) was bang on when they said Vicario is trained to punch rather than catch but he didn't really do it with authority. Also I can't see the idea when we played out of the back. We just seemed to invite pressure on ourselves and we were lucky if we retained possession. I think we need to sort that. Vicario also seemed very nervous which I hope he will settle.

If you didn't have your preconceived bias against the guy and he was called Franz Carlos, you would have been screaming for him being a starter.

Swallow your pride and admit the guy had a good game
Sorry Mick, Nothing against Sanchez. If you rate him, Great. My preconceived ideas were formulated over the past 4 years. Now he has 1 game in which he is average, you believe he is good enough.

Do you want to win a league? Do you really believe Sanchez will help us win a trophy? I suppose like many, your answer will be in the line of, "Conté's boring football limited Sanchez as a player, he fits in with Ange better. Bullshit, he is not good enough, period.

He would be Ok playing against counter attacking teams because he has speed and he can mostly defend that. As soon as he plays against teams who play attacking football, he is a liability. He is clumsy. Not good at reading a game as well. He has shown over the past 4 seasons, he is not good enough.

I agree with this. I am not saying he is good enough. I am saying he is okay as a 4th or 5th CB.

Watch Romero after he scores his header, he looks wobbly and in pain. The rest of the team while celebrating look concerned, and Bissouma signalled over to the bench.

That’s why he had to come off

Not that bad from us today. We were aggressive on defense and moved the ball well. These guys are just getting to know each other, and will get better. I think, however, that Son should come off the bench in the second half. He would not have to conserve energy, could just turn on whatever speed he has left and get up the pitch. Don't know how that affects the captaincy.

Back
Top Bottom