Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wasn't great but I thought Brentford did a solid job keeping our front three from causing damage.
And the tracking back and helping out our defence?

What will Saturday's excuse be for him when he plays badly?

Richy has 3 goals in 34 games for us in all competitions.

Maybe he just needs a run of games, but he needs a drastic improvement to be our main striker.

Kulu and Son were also pretty ineffective so maybe it was down to Brentford's tactics.

Incredible how quickly Ange has us coherently playing an entirely different style, so optimistic about his tenure here if he’s properly backed. Still a long way to go, reminds me a lot of the first Pochettino season where the pressing and possession were good, but we weren’t yet consistently incisive.

Bissouma and Maddison clearly our two best players, we’re going to have some midfield when Bentancur is back. I think Skipp should play as #6 rather than an 8.

Pretty impressive debuts for both Udogie and Van de Ven considering they’ve both basically just got here. Both very composed for young lads.

Son and Kulusevski were dreadful, we really their 21/22 form to return rather than 22/23 or it’s going to be a long season.

Was a little disappointed with Ange’s subs. After years of Pochettino and Conte just dawdling about making subs, I thought Ange was someone who would be a bit more forward leaning based on his record at Celtic. Would have really liked to see Lo Celso and Solomon when we were trying to find a winner.

The Vic bashing a bit odd, okay a couple of shaky moments but he also made 3/4 very good saves and had decent hands to catch balls from the air.

He also wasn’t afraid to mix it up and go long and when he did he basically hit the opp pen area. I’m pleased enough with him, if not blown away

He was a bit shaken at times, mate. Can’t deny it.

He can improve. It was his first game. Probably nerves.

The Vic bashing a bit odd, okay a couple of shaky moments but he also made 3/4 very good saves and had decent hands to catch balls from the air.

He also wasn’t afraid to mix it up and go long and when he did he basically hit the opp pen area. I’m pleased enough with him, if not blown away
I’m not bashing him, but he did look fucking scary at times. First game and all that.

Plus, he’s got that wide eyed look that Raheem Sterling does, making him look like he’s in a panic, even if he isn’t.

Positives:
Bissouma and Maddison fantastic, Udogie and Emerson decent as well.
Draw at Brentford is acceptable.
Second half performance was good.

Negatives:
Keeper and VDV were sketchy.
Front three poor.
Looked like we could concede bag full this season.

Quite enjoyed that.

Love Sarr's energy, but the match was screaming out for Lo Celso, IMO.

I suspect that Son will be more useful as a super-sub when we're winning, or our opponent is actually pressing.

Sonny's earned a few starts to find his form: Perisic - Richarlison - Son vs Utd, please.

In fairness, that game was crying out for Bentancur.

Not long to wait now.

Well ‘appy. No way we come back from that diabolical var and bad luck if Conte is in charge. We dominated.

Good:
Udogie, VDV, Madds all fantastic. I also thought Vicario was good. Bissouma, welcome to Spurs!!!
Bad:
Richarleson. He just ain’t a natural goal scorer. Never going to et 20 in a season. You just know Kane would have buried one of the two chances he had today

Last edited:
Positives:
Bissouma and Maddison fantastic, Udogie and Emerson decent as well.
Draw at Brentford is acceptable.
Second half performance was good.

Negatives:
Keeper and VDV were sketchy.
Front three poor.
Looked like we could concede bag full this season.
VDV was brilliant. Plus we conceded an unlucky deflection and a silly penalty. Hardly terrible defending ! Vic was passable.
Our attack was at fault today, should have been far sharper.

I give Ange a lot of credit, but to bench the captain, our most marketable, """world class""" player, that would take some massive cojones.
If he wants to win, based on last season and today, I don't see he has a choice. I've always been a big Sonny fan but I think he peaked a couple of seasons ago. And also he's been a very different player since his facial injury. Nobody plays well forever.

So if we drew at City away he'd be angry would he??....🤷‍♂️
Yeah, if they drop off In performance like they did today.

Play his way and to his standards and the results will take care of themselves.

If you play to his philosophy, you will BLOW teams away. Even city.

From what I saw today you are miles off where he wants to be but you can see where it’s headed.

Give him time and all other football will look slow, cumbersome and old fashioned.

TRUST THE PROCESS 🤘🤘🤘

Back
Top Bottom