Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel this is gonna be a loooong season. Similar vibes as when Nuno was in charge.

Oh yeah, that summer we were linked with that Portuguese fella and then bloody Gattuso,. Nuno looked like a world beater in comparison.

I think we're in for a tough time as well, hopefully not too tough but in general I haven't felt this pessimistic about our prospects for a very long time.

But some on here don't like it, apparently we're ruining the 'mood' or something.

Just seen Ange's full presser.

He pretty much ruled out a start for Micky as he hasn't had much of a pre-season or enough minutes.

So for the mob on here that have been giving it the big un all summer about how we should all relax and we will definitley not be starting the season with a defence featuring Dier or Sanchez.

Well I have one thing to say to you tools, you were wrong. AGAIN.

mugs

3-8 . Son gets 4, Richi 2 and Sarr and biss with 1 apiece.
all great players can have an inhibiting effect on those around them them. Especially if they are so far above the rest. When that inhibitor is removed it can release lesser players to hit great heights.

so Richi and Son with the joint golden boot for next season. Biss lifting the FA cup and PEH becoming Bryan fucking Robson.

-------------------Vicario---------------------
Emerson----Romero---VDV-----Udogie
--------------Bissouma--Hojbjerg----------
--------------------Maddison---------------
----Kulu------------------------------Son----
---------------------Kane--------------------
This aged well 😄

He pretty much ruled out a start for Micky as he hasn't had much of a pre-season or enough minutes.

So for the mob on here that have been giving it the big un all summer about how we should all relax and we will definitley not be starting the season with a defence featuring Dier or Sanchez.

mugs

youre-hard-david-brent.gif

mugs
going off pre season he has to start sanchez over dier! this is postes first test imo....lets see

mugs
Really is the biggest piss take of the summer.

Forget Kane.

Levy failed the club big time on that

Can this game please hurry the fuck up and get here. I'm not one for wishing away the weekend, but I'm gagging to see how Postecoglu's system/tactics translate to the Premier League.

I don't even really care what the line up is. Just want to see the super Lilywhites back in action trying to win a game on the front foot for the first time in 4 years.

I just had to check what I put for this in the prediction league, 2 - 2 apparently. That sounds very pessimistic for me, I think I‘ve been hacked.

Looking forward to this, obviously. If nothing else will enable me to set some realistic expectations for the season ahead. I refuse to be a doom merchant, but first to admit I’m fully onboard the Ange hype train and need to see some evidence to keep me grounded. First chance to see the team set up, and against opposition that will be operating at a typical level for the prem. I think Ange will use the Kane situation to fire them all up, so tonight I’m saying 2 - 3; 1 for Maddison 2 for Richie. Hopefully.

I just had to check what I put for this in the prediction league, 2 - 2 apparently. That sounds very pessimistic for me, I think I‘ve been hacked.

Looking forward to this, obviously. If nothing else will enable me to set some realistic expectations for the season ahead. I refuse to be a doom merchant, but first to admit I’m fully onboard the Ange hype train and need to see some evidence to keep me grounded. First chance to see the team set up, and against opposition that will be operating at a typical level for the prem. I think Ange will use the Kane situation to fire them all up, so tonight I’m saying 2 - 3; 1 for Maddison 2 for Richie. Hopefully.
No chance mate, Richie's injured, he just doesn't know it yet.

Credit to SC for the inside scoop.

Son CF, Perisic LW, Deki RW.

Son LW hasn't been effective for the last year, and it will be even worse without Kane to create chances for him.

Ange likes his wingers to hug the touchline but Son wants to come inside.

And moving him inside means we can add more creativity/balance at LW with Perisic or Soloman.

Son is our best finisher by a mile - time to try him at centre forward.

Back
Top Bottom