Newcastle United at Home 10.11.13 @ 12:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did Friedel do wrong today? He certainly wasn't at fault for the goal - he came out for corners, which people whine about him not doing, and he came out of the box to make a clearance outside the box, again something which he has been accused of not doing. He made important saves and kept us in the game, cleared his lines and his distribution was good.
What the fuck does friedel have to do to stop the constant carping?

Not be 42? Seems like this is the majority of the complaint about the guy.

Gomes, sorry - he had his chance and he was exposed as an error prone disaster who made the defence panic and distrust him. The only reason he is still at the club (I suspect) is that nobody would risk buying him. Paradoxically the guy is capable of world class saves, he is however capable of solar system standard howlers.

What is our system anyway - mean defence and toothless attack? We have bigger issues to deal with than pissing around with flaky keepers IMHO.

I thought he flapped at some of the crosses today trying to punch instead of catch, looked nervous.

I heard the commentator say that we lost 7 of our last 8 matches that came after Europa League games. I would have said the Europa is to blame, but i don't think the match against Sheriff is to blame this time around

I hope to fuckery we field the Spurs Ladies U-11s team against Anzhi and Tromso if THIS is how the First team squad respond to a bit of Europa League action!
Gawd help us if we'd have just come back from CL duty in Dortmund midweek to play away at OT.... Oh!

I still got neg'ed today for such apparent knee jerk comments and having my own opinion second guessed as apparently I can't decide for myself whether I've considered my view over many games or in ill-considered reaction to one game in isolation.
I can understand a new manager needs to be given time but some people on here seem to consider it illegal or wrong to say anything against the manager even when the same mistakes have been repeated over and over for more than a year. Its not as if the manager has only had a dozen games. But I agree the mood is more balanced than a few weeks ago. Personally, I've seen a lot of football in my life and a lot of managers and there comes a point where you say, this is not working and have no faith that it will change. Some reach that realisation before others. It doesn't make one fan more right than another but some people on here need to respect other people's opinions, even if they don't agree with them.
Played five, won four, lost one. Spent £100M+. Broke transfer record three times. scored ten. Conceded One. 100% home record. Same points as Woolwich. More points than the champions.
GET.A.GRIP.PEOPLE!
I continue to believe we are not aiming for fourth this season but second or third.
No one is getting sacked.
Two months/two (2) losses later
AVB OUT. First time I've said it, and I mean it.
The squad we have, the money spent, the talent, the depth...it's just not good enough to repeatedly make the glaring tactical mistakes he makes. Getting thrashed at home by West Ham and losing the game to Newcastle, again, at home, in the first 45 minutes.
Our set pieces are a disc race (nothing new at least). There is no plan b, ever. The players look uncomfortable, our play is pedestrian and predictable, we spent 26M on a striker who has scored 20-30 goals the last three seasons in a top league and we give him no service. None. It's practically criminal. Instead, as a team we have a goals scored column that normally gets you relegated.
This isn't a knee-jerk. I've been unhappy for some time, but have waited, given him time and hoped he would change, but he hasn't. The same was true last season with the exception of one supremely talented player saving us each game. And don't forget, we did actually fail last year to meet our targets despite that.
Some will say, yeah but we were much better in the second half. But they'll fail to realise that we already lost the game in the first half because of the way AVB set the team up.
Others will say, yeah but Krul played a blinder! But they'll fail to realise that the reason opposition teams play worldies against us is because they know they have no right to beat us with all the talent we have. It brings the best out of them when they are ahead of us when they shouldnt be and they will play out of their skins to get our scalp because everyone expects us to win with all the talent we have.
It is NOT the players fault.
It is NOT the fans fault.
It is NOT the pitch's fault.
It is NOT bad luck.
It is AVBs fault.
#fickle #melt #kneejerk

Two months/two (2) losses later

#fickle #melt #kneejerk
That's two fucking months a go you stupid cunt. How many games have we played in that time? It's not only loses that count you know. We've been poor for most of those games, even those weve won and later today we could well be nine points behind Woolwich. We've hardly scored in that time in the prem, and we're conceding instead. I continue to think we should be aiming for more than fourth I just don't think we'll achieve it as the expected improvement from needing time to gel hasn't happened and our results have got worse, with no learning from mistakes, losing to two very winnable games at home included.
#gofuckyourselfyouselfriteousprick

Last edited:
That's two fucking months a go you stupid cunt. How many games have we played in that time? It's not only loses that count you know. We've been poor for most of those games, even those weve won and later today we could well be nine points behind Woolwich. We've hardly scored in that time in the prem, and we're conceding instead. I continue to think we should be aiming for more than fourth I just don't think we'll achieve it as the expected improvement from needing time to gel hasn't happened and our results have got worse, with no learning from mistakes, losing to two very winnable games at home included.
#gofuckyourselfyouselfriteousprick
There's a spelling mistake right there

Still haven't conceded a single goal while Sandro has been on the pitch, he has to start every league game until the end of the season if he stays fit. Capoue for cup games. Rotate Paulinho for Dembele, Sandro with Capoue.

Throwing Lamela in for his first start against Manchester city may be risky but it's a risk which has to be taken. He will bring much more to the team than Townsend or Gylfi. Holtby is also playing better than Eriksen right now.

Rose will hopefully be fit enough to start against Manchester city so that should solve a very annoying problem at Left back, and Chadli is still an option to have on the left wing.

It says something that Sandro had 45 minutes for us and was our MOTM.
Play him in every prem game FFS.

I completely agree. Which was actually so obvious last week at Everton

And then for AVB to start Dembele ahead of Sandro this week made absolutely zero sense

And then for AVB to bench Dembele at HT for Sandro ?

Its to the point where you say "Does AVB even know what he is doing ?"

And then for AVB to start Dembele ahead of Sandro this week made absolutely zero sense

He took Sandro off because he asked to be taken off, he was injured. Same reason why he didn't start today probably.

It's probably because he didn't want to gamble starting him, he knew that Sandro was the better option and that's why he subbed Dembele at half time. The problem is that Andre appears to be unwilling to take any risks and this may cost us in the long run.

Looking on the positive side, which is unusual for a Spurs fan, 3 of our top 4 rivals also dropped points. Man City lost, So did Woolwich and Chelsea stole a point from the jaws of defeat in a match they really should have won.

Not particularly important stat as we didn't win but Eriksen created 9 chances today. Rare to see a number that high.

Not particularly important stat as we didn't win but Eriksen created 9 chances today. Rare to see a number that high.

See alot of folks slighting Eriksen. today. Outside of not scoring on that cupcake and a poor set-piece kick, I thought he was solid today creating chances. That stat right there confirms it.

stupid comment
what are your chances of proving you are fitter than him?
slim, none........... jesus sammy - don't descend into the gutter, there's enough around here doing that shit

Lighten up Mick, I like Brad....but he was pretty slug-like today.

I dont blame him for the goal either...Dembele then Paulinho fucked up for that....and the lino for not flagging offside when 3 of them followed up a shot on goal 30 seconds earlier

Could have saved £100m+, gone down to the beach and recruited a dozen crabs if all we want to do is go scuttle aimlessly across the pitch like we did in the first half. Possession stats are good but useless if it's in the wrong part of the pitch.

Yeah, their keeper had one of those days but we lacked a cutting edge and any real creativity. I'm not sure what the answer is and more worryingly I am begginning to wonder if AVB has a plan B. Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but he needs to decide what his best team is and start playing to their strengths or CL will become a distant target.

Back
Top Bottom