Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry if I'm being a tad negative here but I just feel it in my loins that this kid won't be round for too long before he goes off to Madrid or something like that. I'd say 2-3 years max. He's an absolute Rolls Royce with sik rims and all but he is a luxury at that. Anyway, so very glad we have him, and look forward to him ripping up the league in the foreseeable future!
You never know, we might become successful enough under Ange that we become a big club in our own right and actually hold on to our top players.

I'm thinking about the overall pattern of the Levy/ENIC era. There have been a lot of bumps along the way but we have gradually progressed in stages as a club. When Levy first took over, we were never going to get into Europe and were doomed to be a mid-table team. Glenn Hoddle failed but Martin Jol took us to that higher level. Europe became a regular thing.

Once Europe became a given, the demand was for the CL and we were never going to be good enough for it. Jol was sacked, Ramos came and went and Harry Redknapp got us into the CL.

Now the demand was for the CL to become a regular thing instead of a once in a generation fluke. Harry didn't achieve this, AVB came and went and Pochettino turned us into CL regulars, secured a 2nd place finish and got us to a CL Final. The demand now was for the actual winning of top honours and this is where Poch fell short.

Most of these expectations for the team were linked to a key player and the feeling that if this player went it was the end. Under Jol, it was Berbatov; under Harry, it was Bale and under Poch, it was Kane but in the first two cases we went on to achieve our expectations without these players. Is it not possible that we are on course to do the same with Ange?

The expectation now is that we become a club that consistently competes for and sometimes wins the top trophies. This is the big club status we crave. If we achieve that status, the hope will be that Udogie won't want to leave us for a bigger club because he will already be at a bigger club.

You never know, we might become successful enough under Ange that we become a big club in our own right and actually hold on to our top players.

I'm thinking about the overall pattern of the Levy/ENIC era. There have been a lot of bumps along the way but we have gradually progressed in stages as a club. When Levy first took over, we were never going to get into Europe and were doomed to be a mid-table team. Glenn Hoddle failed but Martin Jol took us to that higher level. Europe became a regular thing.

Once Europe became a given, the demand was for the CL and we were never going to be good enough for it. Jol was sacked, Ramos came and went and Harry Redknapp got us into the CL.

Now the demand was for the CL to become a regular thing instead of a once in a generation fluke. Harry didn't achieve this, AVB came and went and Pochettino turned us into CL regulars, secured a 2nd place finish and got us to a CL Final. The demand now was for the actual winning of top honours and this is where Poch fell short.

Most of these expectations for the team were linked to a key player and the feeling that if this player went it was the end. Under Jol, it was Berbatov; under Harry, it was Bale and under Poch, it was Kane but in the first two cases we went on to achieve our expectations without these players. Is it not possible that we are on course to do the same with Ange?

The expectation now is that we become a club that consistently competes for and sometimes wins the top trophies. This is the big club status we crave. If we achieve that status, the hope will be that Udogie won't want to leave us for a bigger club because he will already be at a bigger club.
Well run and coached, the "only" thing stopping us is oil money.

Feel deeply smug about this lad. I said he'd be special. I watched him a lot at Udeniese and after a while I realised the only games where he was only average were games when he frankly played with in himself, I think he found some of it to easy and would get complacent but he has levels he is still to tap. He's frankly a bit scary.

On another point Gary Nevile had dug himself a narrative that he can not come to terms and own. The bullshit Saka is killing him bring on Davis was embarrassing and he would not put it down even when he was clearly on top in his battle with Salah. How long before he comes round and starts asking for a round of golf?

On another point Gary Nevile had dug himself a narrative that he can not come to terms and own. The bullshit Saka is killing him bring on Davis was embarrassing and he would not put it down even when he was clearly on top in his battle with Salah. How long before he comes round and starts asking for a round of golf?
Fuck Neville. He was sharp and edgy as a pundit years ago, now he’s just an aloof little Hitler. Shit footballer, basic player would be scuttling about in the national league nowadays. Solid but limited, unlikeable trier

Bet he sucked off Fergie and swallowed. I can imagine him walking around his office with an orange in his mouth whilst Fergie whipped him

He would not let it go. The twat was adamant Udogie would get subbed at HT and when he wasn't (and in fact dominated the duel everyone was watching out for) the weasel felt he had to save face by making it seem a huge mistake to keep him on.

Back
Top Bottom