Man Utd buyers might change their focus to Spurs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to be taken over by Sheikh Jassim?

• Total voters
Those voting it aint broke are music to levy’s ears. He finally gets a managerial appointment correct and all the mistakes of the last 3 or 4 years are immediately forgotten.

Just like how when we were going through our down period people forgot the previous years when he built the club up to what it is now, funny how football works isn't it...

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Just like how when we were going through our down period people forgot the previous years when he built the club up to what it is now, funny how football works isn't it...

well, quite. But people want new owners because ultimately ENIC have failed to deliver enough silverware and they are fed up with that. That isn’t a ridiculous notion at all.

well, quite. But people want new owners because ultimately ENIC have failed to deliver enough silverware and they are fed up with that. That isn’t a ridiculous notion at all.

Yeah that's firmly in the minority though.

The ENIC out/Anti Levy bandwagon has gone quite, not talk of protests, no unrest from our fans at matches, no spanning on social media, it's all gone a bit quiet lately and as far as I can see we still haven't won a trophy.

The ENIC out/Anti Levy bandwagon has gone quite, not talk of protests, no unrest from our fans at matches, no spanning on social media, it's all gone a bit quiet lately and as far as I can see we still haven't won a trophy.

I think you'll find 99% of our fans are unhappy we havent won a pot since 2008. Can't see how you could be a Spurs fan and not be unhappy that we havent had a trophy being lifted to celebrate. My memories of Wembley that day are scant and it feels like a lifetime ago.

How do you square being against these people owning us but still giving a shit about the game they own now anyway?

For me it's a meh. The wider game died long ago, but I still enjoy watching spurs on the pitch. If I thought too much about the outside stuff, I'd have stopped following football long ago.

I think you'll find 99% of our fans are unhappy we havent won a pot since 2008. Can't see how you could be a Spurs fan and not be unhappy that we havent had a trophy being lifted to celebrate. My memories of Wembley that day are scant and it feels like a lifetime ago.

This is not what I've said, at all.

Feels like a different club tbh... Ironically, feel like a much bigger one since.

Good question.

In reality it doesn't really, no more than Lewis owning us defines us.

But, and it's a huge but, the perception of the club by others would be different.
Being owned by an autocratic regime that thinks it's ok to discriminate against large portions of society will have an effect on some fans.

I'm talking in general here, rather than just Spurs.

For example;
Were we to be owned by Pol Pot (extreme, I know) would people be saying " Nah it's fine, I don't care about the @ 2 million innocent people killed under his regime. It doesn't change what Spurs are"

I highly doubt it.

Edit:
There has to be a line somewhere, although it's fine for people to have different views on where that line is.

So it's about how others perceive the club?

because they already hate us.

I doubt the barcodes care how other clubs perceive them.

Tbh I just don't think it's as clear cut as most fans believe which is: Middle Eastern owner = bad.

Maybe you can say state ownership is bad because you are owned by a country in effect. That's an argument with clearer lines in the sand IMO.

How do you square being against these people owning us but still giving a shit about the game they own now anyway?

For me it's a meh. The wider game died long ago, but I still enjoy watching spurs on the pitch. If I thought too much about the outside stuff, I'd have stopped following football long ago.

As I already said above; you don't have to proverbially "join" then to beat "them".

So it's about how others perceive the club?

because they already hate us.

I doubt the barcodes care how other clubs perceive them.

Tbh I just don't think it's as clear cut as most fans believe which is: Middle Eastern owner = bad.

Maybe you can say state ownership is bad because you are owned by a country in effect. That's an argument with clearer lines in the sand IMO.

Being owned by some random arab bloke is not the same thing as being owned by a state..... I've not noticed anyone base their position on geography alone.

Because we are winning games right now. Winning usually makes people not protest or get mad.

"Rape happens in this world, so it might as well be done to my daughter by someone with a huge pile of cash to burn."

- Mason Greenwood's father in law.

And akin to the logic used by some here.

"Rape happens in this world, so it might as well be done to my daughter by someone with a huge pile of cash to burn."

- Mason Greenwood's father in law.

And akin to the logic used by some here.
Tad ridiculous. It's a football club, 22 millionaires running about that dont care whether you live or die, owned by a billionaire who cares even less. Logic definitely doesn't come into it.

There's nothing left to save, we can either just enjoy what happens on the pitch or don't, but outside of that, the game is dead and it died long ago. So I'm indifferent to which rich arsehole owns us.

If you don't genuinely seek enlightenment on these issues then you shouldn't pester people with questions about the facts of the matter.
I CBF getting to the granular level of fandom of researching the shadow activities of every PL club owner. I’m just going to assume if it was a big enough problem it’d be obvious.

Being owned by some random arab bloke is not the same thing as being owned by a state..... I've not noticed anyone base their position on geography alone.

People assume Arab ownership means state ownership.

It may always be round the houses that it's state money but I don't know the real details or nuances of how Sheik Jsssim actually came by the money he's looking to invest.

I CBF getting to the granular level of fandom of researching the shadow activities of every PL club owner.

I'm not suggesting that much, but the topic of sports-washing in football isn't a new thing and you don't have to research "every" club to get the gist.......... Certain clubs are glaringly obvious starting points ; not to mention the last world cup.

I can understand questioning some of the individual opinions stated above; but questioning the facts of the matter when you can just as easily google them doesn't suggest a genuine interest as much as it does a casually dismissive approach to the topic....

If you're not interested, then fine; just don't get involved.🤷‍♂️

I’m just going to assume if it was a big enough problem it’d be obvious.

It is obvious... No disrespect; but you sound either naive or in denial.

Back
Top Bottom