Man Utd buyers might change their focus to Spurs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to be taken over by Sheikh Jassim?

• Total voters

TottsAmazeballs

Supporter
Wanker Tenant

Two thoughts occur…

1. Mwahahahaaaa, talk about jumping out of the frying pan… they thought the grazers were difficult!

2. Since it’s going so well at the moment, do we want this? It’s a no for me right now. (But ask me again in mid-jan).

EDIT: Thanks to Ed the Duck Ed the Duck For a great synopsis of the sheik and Qatari state involvement in any ownership.

NOTE: ALL THE OPTIONS ON HERE ARE PARAPHRASINGS OF THE VARIOUS PERSPECTIVES AND OPINIONS ON THIS SITE AND OTHER SOURCES RELATING TO QATARI STATE OWNERSHIP

p.s. Anyone calling me a racist for repeating the call-out on Qatari state and their well-documented humanitarian crimes can get fucked. If you don't like the way I've phrased the options, you can't change them, if you want to add your own option, post a suggestion.

Last edited:

Two thoughts occur…

1. Mwahahahaaaa, talk about jumping out of the frying pan… they thought the grazers were difficult!

2. Since it’s going so well at the moment, do we want this? I think, I think…it’s a no for me right now. But ask me again in mid-jan.
It's always a no for me. Happy for ENIC to go, but if we're sold to cunts like these then I'm out.

If they are the literal ruling family in qatar then absolutely not. No number of trophies or winning is worth being in bed with human rights abuses.

I'd rather we were relegated than be a sports washing project

End of last season I would of bitten your hand off to get the dirty oil money in but I'm pretty happy with the direction we are going in now. With Big Ange and our focus on bringing through young talented players I don't feel the need to sell our soul anymore. Winning doing it the right way would be so much more rewarding.

Last edited:
My desperation to see spurs win the league and other competitions doesn't override my hatred for despicable pricks like these ruling families who ruin countless lives. I'd be out if this eventuated. We'd be no better than PSG, City, Newcastle and the like.

Who cares?

When you have clubs backed by states that buy umpteen clubs across the planet that trade exclusively, what chance do any other clubs have?

The middle east has no identity so to be relevant, it buys European institutions. homes, sports, companies, entertainment...

We're WAY past the point of morality, it's too late for that

Who cares?

When you have clubs backed by states that buy umpteen clubs across the planet that trade exclusively, what chance do any other clubs have?

The middle east has no identity so to be relevant, it buys European institutions. homes, sports, companies, entertainment...

Since Abromanovic reared his ugly head; 4 non-petro / non-sportswashy clubs have won the league and plenty more have won the CL.

You don't need to proverbially 'join' them to beat them.

Who cares?

It's not about the money. If Musk got bored killing Twatter and America and bought Spurs and pumped us full of billions, I'd be happy to see it.

The Qataris are evil fucking people. I've no interest being party to it.

Well, let see:
They bribed FIFA to procure a World Cup.
They committed a host of human rights abuses on both their own citizens and guest workers
And, the kicker, they sponsored Jabhat Al-Nusra, the Syrian affiliate of Al-Qaeda, amongst other terrorist organizations.
Other than that, they’re pretty run of the mill.
Yes but the English colonised numerous countries and committed genocide on the Indigenous populations. Stole various artefacts and refuse to return them. More recently have imported Australia’s cruel policy of offshore processing of refugees, or at least tried to, and are currently supporting Israel in the current conflict ergo who gives a fuck?

Yes but the English colonised numerous countries and committed genocide on the Indigenous populations. Stole various artefacts and refuse to return them. More recently have imported Australia’s cruel policy of offshore processing of refugees, or at least tried to, and are currently supporting Israel in the current conflict ergo who gives a fuck?
Oh, ffs.
If you can’t see the difference between owners that are part of the state apparatus and direct policy versus some rich dude who is neither then I can’t help you.

No thanks,

I often imagine if these buyouts continue, at what point will the PL have issues with conflict of interest in games. We have seen it already in the European cups with same owners only separated by crafty lawyers and accountants.

I have to remind myself why I started supporting Spurs and it wasn't for guaranteed silverware.

There's a reason why neutrals don't care if City win title after title.

Right now, I think the Club is in a good position. That may change but If Levy were to sell, I hope he could find someone of the Mark Cuban ilk to sell to.

Back
Top Bottom