Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fulham gave us a very hard game. We really struggled to make the breakthrough, and though we mostly controlled the game, there were some difficult moments for us.

Kulu probably would have gotten an assist early on if he had passed to Madison or Son. Richarlison did his usual thing today (not all that great), but was tenacious enough to win possession in the final third and lay it off to Son.

Son and Maddison were magnificent as usual.

Good intention with the subs from Ange, but, unfortunately GLC was fairly anonymous, and Emerson didn't quite look up to it technically.

Anyways, we won, got a clean sheet, and are on top of the table. Maybe we would have been in trouble with late shakiness against a better team, but that's all speculation, and we ought to enjoy what's in front of us.

COYS

Enjoy peeps, enjoy.

league.png
Top of the league, top of the form guide.

This is medicine for the soul!

I'll admit I was on Team Raya for the HG benefit.

No shame in that..... The clown show centers around those that wrote Vic off without knowing anything about him; even more so those that made out he was dodgy in his early games just to save face.

Last edited:
Romero needs to stop slowing it down.
Yea a number of times towards the end he was playing very slow short passes. We got a number of times. In first half he was walking with the ball. We are home and we couldn’t build consistent momentum as we allowed Fulham to get back deep into shape. Telling our two goals came from when they had the ball and we , well MADDs, pressed. Said it earlier wish some of the others like kulu showed the sane desire. Kulu just let William run away a few times. Ange said post match 2nd half v sloppy.

There is a danger that we don't give enough credit to Fulham. They played very well and caused us some problems. Having said that, we were terrific in the first half and, once Maddison scored, we were never going to be caught.

Top of the league, and could be 5 points clear by Friday night. What's not to love?
Another win would be 3 MOTM awards for Ange, 1 behind Pepe's record.

I thought Ange’s comments were good as against a better team we would have been punished in the 2nd half. Johnson did not do enough to start Friday but Richie despite having an assist missed chances will probably keep his place. Last season I would have been very happy with 2-0 but somehow it felt a lot closer than that. With Biss missing and 5 subs we had 6 of our first 11 off the field and maybe that is why it petered out.

Richy was the best player on the pitch today, said no one ever. We can’t keep playing with nine outfielders, and before anyone starts, it’s a fact that he is so unskilled and could never fit into this team. Why he’s picked is still a mystery to me when all three subs today are certainly more skilful than he is. Great win today, loving the confidence oozing from this team.
Worked his bollox off mate.

Kulu has been a bit pants tonight.

Overplaying everything.
Yes so frustrating either to losing the ball or doing some good work then crappy pass. He did a great turn in our half then passes backwards and loses it. Never tried to go down the wing and stretch play. Rich on the other side tbh was much better. Could do with a massive upgrade on the right. Not convinced with Johnson although he primarily played on the right at forest. Be interesting to see him on the right.

I thought Fulham passed the ball well and were decent tonight.
We had many excellent passing moves which were a credit to us not a reflection on poor opponents.
The only way is up.

I’ve been a big Skipp supporter but the only thing he was great at today was giving the ball away.
Yeah same but passing wasn't good enough today and a few quite big technical concerns. Noticed it in the summer for England u21s but he's got a bit of a weird technique with his short/medium passing where he sort of over opens up his body for a simple side foot pass.

Goid to met Mrs P and East Midlands Yid again and Nutty Naylor and Shakerspurs.
Atmosphere, well it was Fulham.
The game. Thought the players knew it was won as soon as tgw 2nd went in. Having said that, totally cut through them at times.
Top of the League. Nuff said

Back
Top Bottom