Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, they were the right choice on FIFA PRO FOOTBALL AWESOME COACH'14... and THAT'S where the problem lies...
we play on a pitch, not on a computer console or white-board!

Maybe but who thought the team picked today was wrong?? most were happy with it but it's the way they were set up that was the problem.

Maybe but who thought the team picked today was wrong?? most were happy with it but it's the way they were set up that was the problem.

But AVB picked the team we were all happy with... and yet AVB's tactics were all wrong... can he be to blame AND not be to blame?
If it comes down to motivation, then I thought that's what Freund is there for ....or else what the fuck point IS Freund, other than to attract song from the crowd every now and then???
The management did their job by picking the 'right team'... but fucked up by playing them wrongly...

you couldn't make it up!

Let's face it, losing was something we all had at the back of our minds today... but the MANNER in which we lost, hurt most. Yes, losing is annoying, but 6-0 HURTS LIKE FUCKERY!

I don't understand how you cant see that?????
Yes that was the right team, but playing the high line with Dawson and Kaboul against arguably the quickest and most potent strike force is just so wrong on every level. Thats where the, " right players wrong system" comes from.

...shit like this pre-match annoys the fuck out of me;
We head north to the Etihad Stadium to face a City side who, like ourselves, are keen to establish a firm footing in the upper reaches of the domestic standings.

We have never lost a Premier League game which Lewis has started, but the 23-year-old German international insists: “It’s going to be a tough game.

“It’s a match between two opponents that like to play attacking football and I think it’s going to be a great game to watch.

“It’s going to be the details that decide the game.”

Sunday’s trip to the Etihad marks our first Premier League outing since the 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle United at White Hart Lane and, naturally, we’ll be chasing a return to winning ways against our highly-rated hosts.

And with everyone back from international duty, Lewis insists the mood in the camp is upbeat.

“Absolutely, we’re positive,” added Lewis, who has been directly involved with seven of the 14 goals we have scored while he’s been on the pitch this season. “We need a result after the disappointment against Newcastle and it’s important to win this game.

“Everyone will be trying their best to win a top game like this.”

...so will they say in the morning they weren't trying their best??

But AVB picked the team we were all happy with... and yet AVB's tactics were all wrong... can he be to blame AND not be to blame?
If it comes down to motivation, then I thought that's what Freund is there for ....or else what the fuck point IS Freund, other than to attract song from the crowd every now and then???
The management did their job by picking the 'right team'... but fucked up by playing them wrongly...

you couldn't make it up!

Let's face it, losing was something we all had at the back of our minds today... but the MANNER in which we lost, hurt most. Yes, losing is annoying, but 6-0 HURTS LIKE FUCKERY!
Just to say I wasn't happy with the team. I said beforehand I'd have preferred Paulinho to be rested and Townsend instead of Lennon. But I agree whatever team we put out, City were always the obvious candidates to win, and so in that sense I don't think AVB's selection cost us the match.

This may be the famous reality check where we stop talking about top 4, which had already realistically gone, and realise our squad isn't all that and adjust expectations accordingly.

Worse defeat I remember was 7-0 at Pool, Hodlle, Ardilles, Villa and all. Mind you they were European Champions, IIRC.

Just to say I wasn't happy with the team. I said beforehand I'd have preferred Paulinho to be rested and Townsend instead of Lennon. But I agree whatever team we put out, City were always the obvious candidates to win, and so in that sense I don't think AVB's selection cost us the match.

This may be the famous reality check where we stop talking about top 4, which had already realistically gone, and realise our squad isn't all that and adjust expectations accordingly.

Worse defeat I remember was 7-0 at Pool, mind you they were European Champions, IIRC.
Agree with Greaves and 1882 - Dembele plays better with Sandro than Paulinho does and should have started

Agree with Greaves and 1882 - Dembele plays better with Sandro than Paulinho does and should have started
Yep, I wanted Capoue to play, but he wasn't even even on the bench, but deffo didn't want a knackered Paulo.

It may be that Paulo isn't cut out for the Prem anyway, but he's been well overplayed. He shouldn't play v Tromso, and probably would be best on the bench v Utd. Depends a lot on Capoue, also whether we play two strikers.

TBH, we have to start again v Utd. Good luck to AVB, but let's have two strikers and a bit of fun v Utd. Blimey play Harry Kane if necessary, if Ade isn't deemed 'ready'

Back
Top Bottom