Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had a shocker tonight.

Difficult to determine what has caused the drop in form. He sometimes dawdles on the ball slightly and then makes a mistake trying to rectify the problem.

Perhaps he’s overthinking things?
I think it’s under thinking if anything, seems to play without a care in the world. When he’s on form he looks majestic but off form and he is simply careless with the ball in dangerous positions.

Oh so you save shit you make up for important life stuff. Good to know...
What an idiotic post.

Usually love your interventions, man...but Spurs not the only ones having a bad night, eh?!

Did I say I lied about important stuff? Nah. You just assumed & went for the cheap shot cause you're looking for anything to diss me cause I voiced my opinion about a player you love and it didn't fit your narrative.

You wanna call me out on the fact I said Biss likes to party? Be my guest, cause yeah I got zilch evidence. Your feelings hurt cause I said he ain't no quality player in my books? Have a pop.

But the rest of my post was pretty much facts, my man. He has been caught speeding. He was involved in something pretty big, of which he was cleared. His red cards were stupid. He has had many a poor game for us.

Anyway, all the best.

Pal, why would I make shit up? I'm nearly 50. We're talking about football. Not important life stuff...football. You for real?

I've heard it on podcasts & from contacts in the media. Before you jump on that one, I ain't name-dropping...I do have media pals cause of my previous career. Within my circle of real-life Spurs friends, it's something that's also pretty much accepted as being the case...that Yves loves the nightlife.

But yeah, maybe he does maybe he doesn't. I ain't his Da or brother.

Anyway, funny coming from a guy utterly convinced that there's a giant anti-Spurs conspiracy out there.

View: https://youtu.be/umAurdHLNzU?si=DO_9VdKd1y4gTKOf

Who doesn't, give him a break?

He's a top quality player, that, once he slots into his groove, is unplayable in the middle.

And can nip, nick and drive all day long, at will.

But when he's off... ooof.
Kudos for voicing your opinion like an adult, mate.

Yes, he can be awesome on his day. But those are too few and far between. It don't look to me as if it's a physical issue...the lad's a beast. And bollocks to Conte saying Biss don't understand the tactical side of being a PL player...or whatever crap he said back then. So in my view, it's clearly a mentality thing.

Kudos for voicing your opinion like an adult, mate.

Yes, he can be awesome on his day. But those are too few and far between. It don't look to me as if it's a physical issue...the lad's a beast. And bollocks to Conte saying Biss don't understand the tactical side of being a PL player...or whatever crap he said back then. So in my view, it's clearly a mentality thing.
Yes, it's mental/rhythm.

The former impacting on the latter.

He'll keep pushing through and will click into real form again.

It's worth the wait.

Poor form you can forgive but to do that knowing how stretched the squad is and for that to be his second stupid red meaning it's a longer ban is completely unacceptable. Been given a huge chance this year and at this point for me is completely pissing it up the wall. Shit for brains I trust pape more than him now.

I'll defend him a bit. The way we press aggressively and try to win the ball back, the high line, the risks we take, I think it's inevitable we will see challenges like that.
Hojbjerg will have to step up and that's that.

The red card wasn’t due to our game plan, it was a shit touch and then him deciding to kick the opponent instead of trying to play the ball. There was no reason for his foot to be that high other than him wanting to give Yates a whack. The ball was on the ground.

Ange on the red card:

"Ah, no. I think they slowed it down and they saw what they saw and we have to cop it.

Well, it's an issue but it's not so much discipline. Tonight - like I say I haven't seen a slowed down version - but it's just a desperate lunge more than anything malicious. The guys are having to adapt to learn to play our football without crossing a line but I loved the commitment they showed. Unfortunately we paid a price because it's not just this game, he obviously misses a big chunk of football but it is what it is."

Think that is exactly what the less melty posters are all saying. Players are learning a new way to play and still finding their balance.

Putting aside the discipline (or lack of it), the general performance level from him is down from how he started - he looked amazing earlier in the season.

Do you think it's Maddison? In that he, maybe, elevates the midfielders around him? Kulsevski has done great in the middle, but Maddison always came very deep to help with buildup (even fucked up once or twice himself in risky areas). But maybe he was making Bissouma's life easier? Just a thought, I don't fucking know.

Ange on the red card:

"Ah, no. I think they slowed it down and they saw what they saw and we have to cop it.

Well, it's an issue but it's not so much discipline. Tonight - like I say I haven't seen a slowed down version - but it's just a desperate lunge more than anything malicious. The guys are having to adapt to learn to play our football without crossing a line but I loved the commitment they showed. Unfortunately we paid a price because it's not just this game, he obviously misses a big chunk of football but it is what it is."

Think that is exactly what the less melty posters are all saying. Players are learning a new way to play and still finding their balance.

Exactly this....but as you put it melters will melt.

This is going to be the melt thread this week isn’t it?

Both times after a win as well. Really hope you lot aren’t like this in real life

I can imagine so many here sat in their cars crying if the traffic lights change on them or they are overtaken by a sports car.

Soppy gits.

Back
Top Bottom