Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll have a year left on his contract and depending on who comes in for him he may decide to stay put and leave on a free

The club will sooner get money for him then let him leave on a free, the power is in his hands this Summer and he doesn't strike me as the kind of player to sit on his arse and run his contract down

The club will sooner get money for him then let him leave on a free, the power is in his hands this Summer and he doesn't strike me as the kind of player to sit on his arse and run his contract down

Of course the club would, just like with Dier last summer, but if it's only the likes of Fulham coming in for him then i don't see him choosing that over waiting it out - at 28 he needs to make the right choice as it'll be his last chance of moving to a somewhat big club and if he thinks on a freebie 12 months later he can get that over taking a step backwards then it's not a straightforward decision. Dier moving to Bayern could well have shown the positive side of sticking it out

Of course the club would, just like with Dier last summer, but if it's only the likes of Fulham coming in for him then i don't see him choosing that over waiting it out - at 28 he needs to make the right choice as it'll be his last chance of moving to a somewhat big club and if he thinks on a freebie 12 months later he can get that over taking a step backwards then it's not a straightforward decision. Dier moving to Bayern could well have shown the positive side of sticking it out

Well lets see who comes in for him then, he's got a very good agent and it was clear he was trying to get out of Spurs last Summer but Atletico couldn't afford him, he'll be cheaper this Summer.

Also Pierre is a Denmark International who is still in his peak so sitting on his backside for a year will not do his fitness or his image any good whatsoever.

I've come to the conclusion that I think we need a really experienced CM to control our games better, a tempo setter. With elite passing range.

Toni Kroos anyone
Aye, Kroos would be fine 🤣

In all seriousness, I think Ange will look to bring in at least one with really good experience next season.

His second season at Celtic he signed Aaron Mooy on a free, who turned out to be a key contributor towards the treble. When he was managing a very young Australia team at the World Cup he had Mark Bresciano playing an important role, and he was 34 or 35 at the time.

We saw early this season how important Perisic would have been if not for the injury. Even Hojbjerg, who doesn't really suit the system particularly well at all, has been called upon a number of times at key stages of games, probably as much owing to his experience as a lack of other options.

Gallagher in the summer happens if he hasn't extended his deal and by that time he has a year left so probably around 30-35m. That does sound like this club no matter whether I like it or not.

It also depends on what Bergvall looks like. So far looks like he's more of the box to box 8 than the Maddison rotation. If he's ready to play real first team minutes, I don't see the need for Bergvall, Skipp, and Gallagher behind Sarr for that role.

Agree that PEH and GLC are leaving but if Bergvall is PEH replacement, then the logical spot to fill would be Maddison depth. In that case, Gibbs-White also fits exactly the type of HG player that the club would see value in IMO.

There's some logic in there.

I just do not see the point of Gallagher withy what we have right now. And, as you say, we see where Bergvall is at.

Much rather spend the money on upgrading some of our forward duds options.

His younger bro is in our youths…

He left Villa for guaranteed first team minutes though, so extremely unlikely to sign for us.

Thought he looked really good for the U21’s when we smashed Serbia 9-1 (but so did 3-4 others).

12 GI's in 17 Championship games (1400mins) 22 years old.

Maybe we would look at him and see a player that is ready for first team minutes now and mistake made by Villa.

Honestly since Nusa broke down I’ve been considering him.

I remember being proper hesitant on Jarrod Bowen , but he had a much better body of work at Hull. Lewis Potter hasn’t really done it so far for Brentford either.
If we want a Championship winger...surely we need to talk about Clarke?

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1757397389491536102

Ran 13k last night scoring 2 goals, he may be technically limited to a point but the guy's work rate is unmatched, he's literally carrying his club on his back right now, floor raiser.

If we can get him for £30m then it would be a great signing.

Surely by this point we'd have been batted away by his agent/representatives if there was zero interest at all in leaving Chelsea to join us. Fingers crossed they find themselves in trouble this summer.

:ange-hmm:

The only kinda clubs that will want to pay c.10m for this hopeless oaf are Leeds, Fulham etc and the deluded fool will be targeting Juve, Milan etc who won’t pay a fee. He still stay and waste a season or be loaned

Read they have a first refusal on him
Weird clause.

"If we're promoted, Villa will have the right to buy him back for £15m," explained Kesler.
"If we had another offer of more than £15m, we'd have the right to discuss it. It's not like we're forced to sell to Villa but they'd have the first choice.

Back
Top Bottom