Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you feel it's aimed at you then I don't know what to say to you 🤣

It means someone that worships specific players. It's weird. Support the team, want players to do well by all means. But we have people defending players even when they've been shit.

You are allowed to criticise. Deki has been woeful for the most part, especially in recent games.

What happens if you don't agree with someone else's opinion on a player and you think they are overly negative about the player?

That means you decide they are a fanboy?

Bit twatish mate

If we had players that were all very good and playing well every week and we’d win the treble🤣🤣

We all see things in players good and bad that others don’t and that’s just football for you. The only ones i’ll argue to the death about are Sessegnon and Ndombele because they are both wage thieves.

It drives me mad. Slows us down and everyone has to check back when he cuts back. He’s obviously following instructions. I just think it’s wrong.
Maybe he is following instructions but if you’ve seen Ange’s teams play previously you’ll see that wingers take on full backs at pace and fire into the 6 yard box or look for cut backs if they have time to look up and pick someone out. The way we play with our wingers is different from what you’d call an Ange style of attacking. The other type of goal which is synonymous with Ange’s style is the type of goal we’ve scored against Bournemouth,Everton and even Brighton when we get the pass played in behind full back and centre back and crossed for the striker or other wide player to first time finish. We’ve done that quite well this season at times. We just need more goals or chances coming from wide players being able to beat their man when in a 1v1 situation.

The thing is he can do it. We’ve all seen him do it to great effect so why he doesn’t do it more is beyond me.
It drives me mad. Slows us down and everyone has to check back when he cuts back. He’s obviously following instructions. I just think it’s wrong.

In his first 6 months he was keen to shoot and would cut in and outside of the FB..... Conte must have drilled it the fuck out of him and his instincts (he & Sonny both hinted as much already).

Who knows what message Ange is coaching though........ You'd think he'd drop him if Kulu was flat out ignoring his instructions to get the the byline and whack in crosses most of the time.

Wide wingers keen to cross / 2 adv #8s playing as #10s / inverted FBs was what Angeball was commonly portrayed as before he arrived...... We really only routinely see 1 of the 3.

...........Rather than being inflexible and naive; have we actually been watching Angeball 2.0 this season?

If he was as effective as Mo Salah at 23 he's be worth 10 times what he is and Spurs couldn't afford him.

Kulu played the whole of last season under a different manager with a different system and a different midsight.

The point being-because you clearly missed it- is the number of chances he creates is elite. This is for a23 year old who could be playing top level football for another 10 years.

Yeah he played all of last season. He was terrible. He’s now in a gung-ho ultra attacking system so should be loving it.

He is behind Elanga, McNeil, Pascal Grob, Gordon and level with McGinn for big chances created as per official premier league website. He’s behind Son for us who nobody views as some great creative player. Elite my fucking arse.

People are cherry picking one stat he looks competent in and ignoring everything he struggles with.

One of those has Richarlson, as stiker and Johnson (very young and inexperienced) and Son (no longer as fast) as attacking partners in a system for about 8 months. Guess which one that is?

Uh Richarlison is above xG this season and Johnson is mostly a squad player. Son is still one of the best attackers in the league, he’d start for most teams.

Kulu regularly looks the least effective of all of them ffs.

Yeah he played all of last season. He was terrible. He’s now in a gung-ho ultra attacking system so should be loving it.

He is behind Elanga, McNeil, Pascal Grob, Gordon and level with McGinn for big chances created as per official premier league website. He’s behind Son for us who nobody views as some great creative player. Elite my fucking arse.

People are cherry picking one stat he looks competent in and ignoring everything he struggles with.

I rate Elanga btw.

Still deciding how much I rate him but he's more than decent in a counter attacking set up.

What happens if you don't agree with someone else's opinion on a player and you think they are overly negative about the player?

That means you decide they are a fanboy?

Bit twatish mate
People can have whatever opinions they want.

I think Deki has a skill set and a football brain beyond a lot of the team but he's (in my opinion) one of the biggest issues we have because of his lack of pace and the constant checking back, with a reluctance to use his right foot. And I know he's scored a couple of times with it.

We don't always have to agree and the whole point of this forum is to have a discussion about things.

What makes someone a fanboy is the blatant disregard for other points of view and staunch support of someone despite their failings.

My concern right now with him is how people are rating his performances this season.

"He has x goals and assists showing he's performing"

That doesn't tell the full story. Those are split second moments in games where he may have been atrocious for the other 89+ minutes. He may also have caused team moves to break down thus reducing the number of chances we actually had. He scored against Wolves but was pretty awful. He assisted vs Brighton but was pretty awful. He didn't (IIRC) record any meaningful stat against West Ham and was dreadful.

He’s got the ability to go either way. It should make him more difficult to defend again, not less, but 95% of the time he cuts back onto his left. Seems crazy he isn’t being utilised efficiently.

I think he and the gaffa need to have a long conversational sit around the proverbial 'drawing board' and thrash out exactly what he needs to be for us in respect to our system and the manager's remit for him.

In his first 6 months he was keen to shoot and would cut in and outside of the FB..... Conte must have drilled it the fuck out of him and his instincts (he & Sonny both hinted as much already).

Who knows what message Ange is coaching though........ You'd think he'd drop him if Kulu was flat out ignoring his instructions to get the the byline and whack in crosses most of the time.

Wide wingers keen to cross / 2 adv #8s playing as #10s / inverted FBs was what Angeball was commonly portrayed as before he arrived...... We really only routinely see 1 of the 3.

...........Rather than being inflexible and naive; have we actually been watching Angeball 2.0 this season?

What do you disagree with nicoclaesen

We’ve not seen anywhere near what Ange will be looking for and considering where we are maybe that’s not a bad thing. It shows there’s more scope and improvement still to come which can only take us higher. You can put any system in place and ask the players to play but if they can’t execute it which I still don’t think we are near that then we won’t get the results. As mentioned by many on here we really do have to upgrade our front line for that to happen.

We’ve not seen anywhere near what Ange will be looking for and considering where we are maybe that’s not a bad thing. It shows there’s more scope and improvement still to come which can only take us higher. You can put any system in place and ask the players to play but if they can’t execute it which I still don’t think we are near that then we won’t get the results. As mentioned by many on here we really do have to upgrade our front line for that to happen.

No idea why you'd think that was contrary to anything I just wrote.

Is that directed at me? If so FYI I called Kulusevski a surprise as he's not a Postecoglou winger the day he agreed to make the loan permanent.

If the team wins next week and even better he scores, he'll be suddenly good again.
He will only be good again in the minds of people that don’t really understand football. For sure there were people on here a couple of months ago who were claiming that he was world class. There is very little about him that is elite. As one of the richest clubs in the World we have to be aiming higher than Kulusevski

Back
Top Bottom