Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t see anything special in Scarlett. I’d be very surprised if he’s still with us next season. Best case scenario for him is another loan. Veliz will come back and put him further down the line. These type of lads need to move on and make career for themselves rather than just waste 3 or 4 years hardly playing. If they need to drop down then so be it.
We were talking about Gyokeres yesterday and look at him now. Was at Brighton but spent 3 seasons going out on loan to St Pauli,Swansea and then Coventry and then made his move there permanently. From then he’s been on an incredible run of scoring. I just wonder if players leave earlier and get settled at a club they will progress further earlier rather than hanging on at a club knowing it’s not going to happen for you. If they are good enough it would give them more chance to get back to the top level quicker.

I thought the same about Kane.

I don’t see anything special in Scarlett. I’d be very surprised if he’s still with us next season. Best case scenario for him is another loan. Veliz will come back and put him further down the line. These type of lads need to move on and make career for themselves rather than just waste 3 or 4 years hardly playing. If they need to drop down then so be it.
We were talking about Gyokeres yesterday and look at him now. Was at Brighton but spent 3 seasons going out on loan to St Pauli,Swansea and then Coventry and then made his move there permanently. From then he’s been on an incredible run of scoring. I just wonder if players leave earlier and get settled at a club they will progress further earlier rather than hanging on at a club knowing it’s not going to happen for you. If they are good enough it would give them more chance to get back to the top level quicker.

Unfortunately youth development in England promotes stockpiling by the top clubs. The EPPP is to blame.

Weren’t Glasner teams meant to be attacking?

I remember when we were linked to him after Conte it was because he usually plays wing back systems but much more attacking than the Italian Gelfling

His teams do attack. This will be an open game of football with plenty of goals.

I'll probably have a pre-match pint in the Elmhurst, if anybody wants to meet up.
I'll be AtSHelf bar, as usual!

I know, that's not berry good

Priyanka Chopra GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Dear me, our fan base has some real fruitloops...

No, we are not playing Kulu, Sarr, Bents, Cuti or any fucking crazy idea you guys come up with over our perfectly capable second choice right back Emerson Royal.

It's bad enough that Porro can't defend but at least he's good on the ball and has some basic defensive training which is actually still an important part of playing RB in Ange's system.

Maybe, maybe Skipp could be turned into an Ange rb but he ain't that just yet.

Ffs :roflmao:

Any argument for starting kulu at rwb?he is strong enough to defend and can go forward better than Emerson.
Yes I said that already. Have 3 at the back which is more than enough we normally only have two as cover any way. Ger extra body in midfield. I’d go biss Sarr mads kulu abd destiny across the middle. Son and Werner up top. What is the point of playing a non footballer in midfield when you can actually play a midfielder in that role. Either that or just play Sarr at inverted rb. He’ll spend most of his time there anyway covering royal. If royal plays that role again then Ange has not worked any real tactical tweak or trying a different player in that role . Like I said many times I think he plays it safe with team selections generally and even trying youth players.

Dear me, our fan base has some real fruitloops...

No, we are not playing Kulu, Sarr, Bents, Cuti or any fucking crazy idea you guys come up with over our perfectly capable second choice right back Emerson Royal.

It's bad enough that Porro can't defend but at least he's good on the ball and has some basic defensive training which is actually still an important part of playing RB in Ange's system.

Maybe, maybe Skipp could be turned into an Ange rb but he ain't that just yet.

Ffs :roflmao:
perfectly capable right back Emerson Royal ?
did you watch him in the last game ?
I could as good as him, NO I could'nt

Back
Top Bottom