Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw on twitter (no, I’m refusing to call it X), I saw someone suggesting Sarr to play the Porro inverted back position. Thought it a good idea. Keeps Royal ‘Oak’ off the team sheet anyway
This is it been saying for ages just play 3 at the back or actually play a midfielder in that role. Ffs the inverted FBs play in midfield any way so why not actually play a fucking midfielder there! Sarr would be perfect as he often goes wide on the right. Otherwise 3 at the back and just play kulu on the right as a wide midfielder. His played there before.

Ofc if we played every 4 days you’d be saying we have had no break or time on the training ground. Ange should be using all these breaks to develop the team play and treat it like pre season. No excuses!
No I wouldn't, I'd be happy. I'm more annoyed it's hard for me to get into the season. I like watching games every 4 days, not watching a game then waiting two weeks to watch another game.

Think after two weeks on the training pitch, looking at players, formations I hope, tactics, etc will show if Ange is a good coach. If we come out slow and play like we have in the first half for countless games then it shows Ange hasn’t changed anything. The tempo , passing and movement have to be at speed. Hell we just to play like the dippers youngsters. Swarm all over palace.
How can you still be questioning if Ange is a good coach? What have you been watching this season that gives you any doubts? Do you remember how shit we were last year?

We need to play like a team and with cohesion.

It's just bizarre to think that I am more concerned that Palace will be able to deliver on their plan than we will on our intention.

It's nearly always about confidence but there is something in our DNA that always seems to make today's outcome painfully predictable.

Was like Leeds against Chelsea. You knew what was coming, despite Leeds being absolutely brilliant on the night.

If we are to deliver on the early season promise, I kind of feel it has to start today.

We have the quality of players.

Last edited:
How can you still be questioning if Ange is a good coach? What have you been watching this season that gives you any doubts? Do you remember how shit we were last year?
What I mean is a good coach in being able to technically work on different things. Ofc in general his a good coach albeit mostly been in lower standard leagues. However the PL is different abd you to have a bit more in your armoury. The way we have played for last two months especially the slow starts and conceding almost two goals every game is not a good sign of good coaching.

Still can’t understand why we have some on here worried about playing Palace. Fuck me,since we’ve last played them 16 league games ago they have won 4 games. Two against Burnley,one against Sheffield Utd and the other against Brentford.
They are a really poor PL team and we have our usual negative lot worried about Eze. Have a bit about yourselves for fuck sake.

Last edited:
If I hold out an olive branch, can you please stop?

Just realized that the above is not a pun. I give up!

White Flag Couple GIF by Hollyoaks
I will knot.

:bissoumahear:

Don't say you weren't warned :)

Still can’t understand why we have some on here worried about playing Palace. Fuck me,since we’ve last played them 16 league games ago they have won 4 games. Two against Burnley,one against Sheffield Utd and the other against Brentford.
They are a really poor PL team and we have our usual negative lot worried about Eze. Have a bit about yourselves for fuck sake.
They aren’t that different a side than Wolves

They're alot worse than Wolves.
I mean in terms of style. We would struggle to have won that Wolves games 2 times out of 10. They had our number and honestly would be better playing with ten than having absolute wankers like Royal shitting the bed in midfield, stifling any attacking play. The parody Brazilian is a football strangler

Unsurprisingly, Sky predict big wins for City (vs Utd), Liverpool (@Forest), Woolwich (@Sheffield)...and a comfy one for Villa (@Luton).

But for us, of course they see yet another slip at home...2-2.

Back
Top Bottom