The Mighty Spurs vs ФК Анжи Махачкала

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Left the game at half time. Before you shout at me, I have a few reasons.

- Im sick of the over stewarding / policing. I went down at HT with good intentions but was greeted with quite a few fans getting talked to by the police. When I asked what was going on, I was told it was all "Y" word stuff. After listening to the conversations, and getting involved myself, I got quite animated and really, really annoyed. I just find this all really motivated, hard to explain but it really cunted me off to the point where I had to leave otherwise i'd do something silly... Doesnt help that the nicest kid quite a few years younger than me came up to me in blind panic worrying that he had fucked his life up completely by accepting a warning for using the "Y" word.. Horrible cunts.

I think im going to stick to European aways now and niche 1882 games at Underhill / Orient, etc... Im sick of White Hart Lane....

What did I do so wrong?

Was so glad that we eventually managed to get it throught to everyone that Oh When The Spurs sounds a million times better when it is slowed right down and we do more than two repetitions. Loved that. Eriksen is the luckiest Spurs player of all time, he has two amazing songs. My only gripe is that we keep doing this fucking shoes off thing, proper muggy in my opinion, was glad to see that a number of people including myself were intent on drowning out any who tried to start it.

Was so glad that we eventually managed to get it throught to everyone that Oh When The Spurs sounds a million times better when it is slowed right down and we do more than two repetitions. Loved that. Eriksen is the luckiest Spurs player of all time, he has two amazing songs. My only gripe is that we keep doing this fucking shoes off thing, proper muggy in my opinion, was glad to see that a number of people including myself were intent on drowning out any who tried to start it.

Oh and the constant chanting of Friedel what's the score was brilliant. Never thought I would see people jumping around asking an old man what the score was.

And I know its meaningless, but Mr. Friedel

You did the same thing vs United a few years back. A ball that can be simply caught, you choose to punch out for a needless CK. Good thing it wasn't 0-0 this time.
And his barber.............what was he thinking

This isn't trolling, I'm taking the piss out of your vacuous comments.
If I was trolling I would hope for a response.I'm actually hoping you will be bright enough to keep schtumm

Only caught the second half. The stand out for me was watching Ericksen in the middle of the park spraying passes left and right. That and him taking a corner that was so God awful that everyone let it go through the middle.of the penalty area, as if they would be tainted by touching it.
Soldado went allright Mick!

Avb must of read that article from the fighting cock on how to get bobby firing....geniuses...

Soldado to start, Townsend on the left, lemela on the right, dembele, paulinho, holtby midfield against the scousers...
I feel Lennon would offer more than Townsend to be fair. His decision overall last night was quite poor

Left the game at half time. Before you shout at me, I have a few reasons.

- Im sick of the over stewarding / policing. I went down at HT with good intentions but was greeted with quite a few fans getting talked to by the police. When I asked what was going on, I was told it was all "Y" word stuff. After listening to the conversations, and getting involved myself, I got quite animated and really, really annoyed. I just find this all really motivated, hard to explain but it really cunted me off to the point where I had to leave otherwise i'd do something silly... Doesnt help that the nicest kid quite a few years younger than me came up to me in blind panic worrying that he had fucked his life up completely by accepting a warning for using the "Y" word.. Horrible cunts.

I think im going to stick to European aways now and niche 1882 games at Underhill / Orient, etc... Im sick of White Hart Lane....
Tossers. We were told by the PRIME MINISTER it was OK and now people are being given a criminal record without any proper warning!

Disgraceful, the club haven't got back about the survey yet either, at least as far as I'm aware. Someone just give us a full and proper answer!

Is AVB back in now?

Anzi mate. One game at a time eh?

He is showing a more free flowing attacking game though for sure, so fair play. If he continues that trend against Liverpool, whatever the result, I will continue to back him.

We are improving our game, slowly but surely, and that is something I doubted he would do, so he may well prove me wrong and I hope he does.

It was never about AVB being "in" or "out" for me, it was about Spurs playing the football we are traditionally known for. Juries out whether he can deliver that on a regular basis in the PL, but my faith is being restored.

Yes, but Townsend still created more chances and got on the ball a lot more. He also drove us forwards, his decision making can be worked on. I thought tonight was great from all the lads, no need to single out any for criticism.

Was not to single out a player, I also thought Townsend did a good job of driving forward aside from decision making. It was more frustration with commentators comments and his shooting as well

We are improving our game, slowly but surely, and that is something I doubted he would do, so he may well prove me wrong and I hope he does.

It was never about AVB being "in" or "out" for me, it was about Spurs playing the football we are traditionally known for. Juries out whether he can deliver that on a regular basis in the PL, but my faith is being restored.

Enjoyed last nights performance, yes it was against dross but still.

But thats two performances in a row - first time I think since he arrived..... Fingers crossed for a third.

Apologies, I meant "in" or "out" as in a trendy way for some stupid reason.

Yeah, I lost faith to the point of wanting him replaced, for sure.

As said though, if he can continue to open our game up, and "give me my Tottenham back" so to speak style wise, then he will have proved me wrong, as I really believed he was going to keep it tight forever.

Liverpool will be somewhat of an acid test for me, in terms of building on the positives of yesterday.

I was near back of Block 35 and had a great time. The range of songs is class compared to just recently. Eriksen, Holtby, Dembele, Jan, Berti

Luckily I was tucked in enough into the block and far enough towards the back so I didn't get any grief from stewards or police. What was the main problem?

Some personal thoughts on some other songs,

Shoes Off - End it. I'm wearing ski socks as it is. Was funny at Barnet but since that it's been cringeworthy.
Friedel: What's the score? - Just observing that as a professional goalkeeper he doesn't really want the distraction at times, especially when opposition on the attack. Many will disagree I'm sure, just my opinion.
Shelf Side, give us a song (followed by instant ironic clapping and laughter) - A bit cunty when done like that, not for me.

Back
Top Bottom