Singing “Oh When The Spurs” Until We Score

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want to say again what a great movement 1882 is.

You added so much to the game last night, as did all the Spurs fans who made a (positive) noise way in excess of what you might expect for a low attendance watching a 'dead rubber' (any connections with used condoms are entirely linguistic :))

Both teams combined with the crowd to put on an entertaining game of football, one of the best I've seen at the Lane this season.

This was my first 1882 game, where I was actually aware that I was attending an 1882 game. (I was at Underhill) I usually sit in the North Upper with my old man and my brother and I have done for going on 16 years now, obviously I knew what it is was all about and I have also had my fair share of proper football supporting days when I used to follow Barnet around. However nothing prepared me for the sheer noise, camaraderie and banter that was flying about on Thursday night. I was blown away by it all and I think it is the best thing to happen to Spurs (in a supporting sense) in a very long while.

While I have made it perfectly clear in other threads that there are certain songs I regard as being a bit "muggy" and really not what I think 1882 and my football club should be about. There are also a million over songs and chants that when sung by 1882 really make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up or my sides hurt from laughing on a regular basis.

More of the same please.

The Europa League group stage ended with Spurs grabbing four, Soldado a hat-trick and a breath taking 10 minute "Oh When The Spurs" echoing out under the lights at White Hart Lane. This is football.

Continue reading...

Got to be honest, it's about time Spurs supporters came up with something a bit more original. as this song has seen it's day. I should also point out that the song belongs to Southampton. I think we need to chant more, rather than sing. This is more hypnotic, and why they make a lot more noise on the continent. I would also like to see the drum reintroduced.

Totally disagree. We have made the song what it is and others are now singing a slow down version as ours sounds so good.
Oh when the Spurs is our signature song and there ain't many songs that sound better when this is sung.

I remember when we played Inter at WHL, the whole ground sung this and it made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Got to be honest, it's about time Spurs supporters came up with something a bit more original. as this song has seen it's day. I should also point out that the song belongs to Southampton. I think we need to chant more, rather than sing. This is more hypnotic, and why they make a lot more noise on the continent. I would also like to see the drum reintroduced.
Get the fuck oh when the spurs is part of our DNA.

Get the fuck oh when the spurs is part of our DNA.

Sorry mate, I can only presume you are quite young. I have been going to Spurs since 1971, and believe me this song is very recent in comparison. In actual fact, up until a few years ago the "oh when the Spurs go marching in" part of the song was sung about 10 times, and very slowly before the "I want to be in that number" part was sung. It used to be a fun song to sing and lasted for ages, and it's quite boring.

Sorry mate, I can only presume you are quite young. I have been going to Spurs since 1971, and believe me this song is very recent in comparison. In actual fact, up until a few years ago the "oh when the Spurs go marching in" part of the song was sung about 10 times, and very slowly before the "I want to be in that number" part was sung. It used to be a fun song to sing and lasted for ages, and it's quite boring.

Been going to the lane since 1976 grew up in wood green been all over the uk and europe with spurs. I am what you call proper spurs. And I am never prouder than when ohh when spurs rings out. A spine tingling anthem and if you dont get that I feal sorry for you.

Side note all though local everyone who support us be you yorkshire yids to yankie yids your always spurs. Did not want to come over I am more spurs than you just @ I8AVB I8AVB got to me with his condescending coment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I always do my best to be condescending, as my wife finds it so annoying. Yes, I used to find the song quite spine tingling, but to be honest it just bores me now. Time for a new song. What about the Sol song, always one of my favourites !!

Its what we are..

You never hear Liverpool fans say let's drop " you'll never walk alone" or the Spam say they are bored with their Nursery Rhyme about pretty bubbles..

Have you noticed how many clubs sing a slowed down version of this song these days? It's because everyone knows how great it sounds .

Its what we are..

You never hear Liverpool fans say let's drop " you'll never walk alone" or the Spam say they are bored with their Nursery Rhyme about pretty bubbles..

Have you noticed how many clubs sing a slowed down version of this song these days? It's because everyone knows how great it sounds .
We sing it too fast these days, was watching on you tube from a few years ago and it was really slow. Need to get back to this IMO.

The slow version is our song. Welcome to the world of football where 98% of all songs are based on popular beat combos and lyrics are bastardised from one club to the next.

Find another way in son. You've hit a locked door.

Back
Top Bottom