West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t understand why everyone is picking on just Kulu, the other bumbling headless chicken didn’t do any better, the one who must not be mentioned or criticised.
RICHIE.

You'd be slagging him off even if he scored..... You've proved in the past you have a hate boner for him.

Last edited:
I don’t think the idea is we do that but we were playing a low block for 90% of the game
It's happens every week. Apart from villa away, it's just been moments in many games of us playing Angeball often resulting in us scrapping wins. Other then that it looks closer to Conteball with better players then he had last season.

Park the bus, hoof it up hope for a set piece.

What a shit cunt wank football club.

Hard to play against teams that stodge it out like that

Only criticism of Ange is that he didn’t make subs early enough, we were screaming for richarlison

Just one of those games
Yeah stodge is a good way of describing that style of play and agree also subs should have been used earlier Lo Celso & Richarlison especially…….. but my criticism is that now 8months into the gig Ange knows the opposition play this way he should have a solution.

Painful fact is we just need better players. Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta all get in our side and other than the keeper and centre backs where we are better there isnt much in it elsewhere. Thats why we're 5th and they're 7th. We need to improve across the park but will we?
Some believe we are trophy winning material. Maybe if the trophy was for best concert venue.

Paqueta did absolutely fuck all except hack people. He played CM at home and we had about 80% possession.

Kudus also did nothing.

Erm he plays for West Ham. Team possession is not related to any individual, he plays in a negative system. When he got the ball he was a class act (that little spin past Bentancur and shot that just went past the post for example) but he had limited actually opportunities to do that. It was blatantly obvious he's a class act.

I thought he was the most obviously quality footballer on the pitch other than Van de Ven who is imperious.

I feel today's performance was not so bad, which speaks volumes about my expectations nowadays.

Ange didn't seem to be very bright on the subs, though, even though the changes were all pretty obvious. I understood Madders getting replaced the other day, not so much today. The situation for me demanded Richy coming in for Werner sooner, then maybe Kulu on the right.

The start of the season we moved the ball so fast across the pitch. The last few months now we just play so damn slow. Like West Ham were constantly able to get back and into formation and we kept just slowly passing it back and fourth.
I swear sometimes we were holding up the ball to ALLOW West Ham to get back into position..

We were easily the better side and we should have won. But WHU have a superb home record this season, as do Fulham :confused: , so a draw is not to be sniffed at.

The way I'd put it is - not a disastrous result all things considered, but I'd be expecting us to beat them (if they set up the same way) this time next year.

What’s disappointing is that dogshit low block football is exactly what we’ve been expecting to play against all season.

This is what we are going to face all next season too.

And we looked really toothless today.

Disappointing up front today. Maddison being taken off was an odd decision. Maybe he was carrying a knock. We didn't deserve more than a point today. Onwards and upwards. 4th is still on.
Maddison sadly offered nothing. Been poor since coming back. he seems to want to pick the ball up deep. Also in advanced areas he's really playing it safe. Rarely a through ball.

Last edited:
Yeah stodge is a good way of describing that style of play and agree also subs should have been used earlier Lo Celso & Richarlison especially…….. but my criticism is that now 8months into the gig Ange knows the opposition play this way he should have a solution.
I love Ange and back him but he’s not free from criticism

Rich came on with ten mins left when it was obvious son was having one of his stinkers and we needed a presence up there

Back
Top Bottom