Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what happens when you neglect signing any kind of decent attacking players for almost a decade. Complete shite going forward which gives the opposition freedom and confidence to push right up against our defence.

The performance have been pathetic. Ange will be responsible for it. But those calling him out for change of manager is fucking pathetic. These people are part of the reason this club is so rotten and not given the chance of rebuild after so many years. Get a grip.
Symptom of the modern world I'm afraid - instant gratification or else.

I'm well and truly fucked off with this showing, but I knew we'd get a few hidings this season and we are in a much higher position than anyone expected.

I'll judge Ange properly next season when we've upgraded on some of these players as too many out there just aren't up to playing this system.

I don’t think it’s a mentality thing either, we’ve come back more than anyone from behind I think.

It’s just about a lack of quality. Especially in the forward/attacking group.
100%

People always say we melt or lack courage.

We don’t. There’s bottle in this side. We just crumble the moment we face any genuine quality.

Fucking hell. Newcastle have been superb. Relentless pressure.

The pressure has been difficult for us to handle.

In my view, in general, we hold on to the ball far too long. Too slow to move it around. That gives the opponents an opportunity to press us.

Kulu is a perfect example of this, but he is not the only one.

We need to move the ball quicker. The pressing will not work if we move the ball in one or two touches.

Back
Top Bottom