Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our players are painfully average.

We’re such a fucking cucked fanbase that we’ll spend the summer trying to convince ourselves that Solanke is the answer. And we’ll buy Werner and say shit like ‘a great option from the bench at a reasonable price’, like we’re buying fucking washing up liquid.

ENIC OUT.

Cunts.
Starting to think more and more that our lack of success is simply down to fan mindset.

We are used to being a nearly team and do not demand enough from the Board. Season tickets going up 6% to be 3 nil down at half time in a NLD, it's ludicrous. But people will still renew and there will be no real protest. And Ben Davies will still be in the squad next year. And people will still say "he gives you a 7/10 every week" as justification.

We need a ruthless streak like the scum did with Arteta. Cancelled contracts of those not fit for purpose and spent 100m on a player that would change the team.

We will continue to bargain hunt in Serie A for players that "may" become elite in 3 or 4 years. The never-ending "project" rumbles on.

*sigh* Hello everyone, Alasdair Gold here...

Screenshot_2024-01-29-04-39-19-54_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

We played fine, anyone that said we were shit are just emotional in the moment, it's cool.

We were naive in those key those moments though

While everyone is going over the top screaming and tearing off their skin I'm here agreeing with Dan .
Dark times .

Probably time to take a break until Chelsea game

Well, this is what my eyes saw, so I'm glad the stats back it up. I'd guess Romero's header onto the post and penalty are big chunks of our xG though. Our attacking play was poor (definitely far below the way we were early in the season) and we could/should have punished them.

Our attacking play has been shit all season, it’s the fact that we attack so much that has got us goals. Quantity over quality.

Not using this as an excuse, but VAR and the standard of refereeing is ruining football

Ask any fan of any team
Oh for sure if it weren't for VAR we could have got a point.

But we'll never know

First goal ruled out by an arbitrary pixel to make it 1-1

Then a penalty not given that could easily have made it 2-1 to us

Then who knows how Woolwich would have reacted

Woolwich definitely didn’t deserve to win that game on the balance of play, even with the chaos. It’s hard to believe that that is the team that might win the league this year based on that performance.

View: https://x.com/markstatsbot/status/1784598999192010874?s=46&t=IomICbZIqZC4FsH907qgfw

You do understand the Arse set up not to outplay us but counter us/exploit set pieces? And that isn't hindsight. The moment we got countered and it was Saka vs Davies, we all knew what was going to happen. The moment we conceded our first corner it wasn't a question of if Vicario was going to have a player stood in front of him, it was a question of who.

If stats give you comfort fair enough, but I'm not doing any mental gymnastics to pretend we weren't thoroughly beaten tactically once again by yet another team that exploits our obvious weaknesses which we refuse to address. It's insanity at this point.

Back
Top Bottom