Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact is that we ran Bale on the field even when everyone thought he was a jinx. He continued to get playing time and it allowed him the time to find his place and adapt to the team. Lamela has never had that continued opportunity to adapt and shine.

:paulinhowtf:

No that's not what happened. Bale got injured, we fed him a massive amount of PED's and he trained hard as fuck and then once Ramos was sacked, Bale waited his turn and when BAE got injured, Bale took his chance. factors like training hard, working hard, being mentally strong and committed and rejecting loan moves away prove bale had mental fortitude. Lamela doesn't train hard enough to impress 2 different managers, has made little to no improvement on his language and is crying to daddy about going back to Italy!!! Big fucking difference!

We've got to play the players the opposition would like to face the least, and I think Moxey or whoever plays LB for Palace this Sat would rather face Lamela than Lennon. This shouldn't be about Lennon v Lamela, it should be about who gives us the best chance of getting 3 points against Palace. I think Lamela is a fine prospect who needs careful handling, but he doesn't deserve to play in front of Lennon at RW at the moment. Sherwood should try and find a place for him, or at least be seen to be, but not RW in my opinion.

No that's not what happened. Bale got injured, we fed him a massive amount of PED's and he trained hard as fuck and then once Ramos was sacked, Bale waited his turn and when BAE got injured, Bale took his chance. factors like training hard, working hard, being mentally strong and committed and rejecting loan moves away prove bale had mental fortitude. Lamela doesn't train hard enough to impress 2 different managers, has made little to no improvement on his language and is crying to daddy about going back to Italy!!! Big fucking difference!

Rubbish, Bale started his first 10 games for spurs even though we were hardly winning in the league .Secondly Lamela was spotted training after the west brom game by himself, stop talking out your arse.

All we have are some supposed quotes from his father about a move, and you couldn't really blame him for being frustrated, can you? For as much bravado as you like to post with, the fact is that you know nothing of his training frequency or level of work he's putting in. AVB had his system and didn't give Lamela the chances or the time to adjust to a newer position for him. Sherwood has a completely different system and I would question a few of his choices as well.

But you're totally right, he's just a lazy, quitter...

BcmiMhhIIAE0Vnk.jpg

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/p...s-own-at-whl-after-spurs-draw-with-west-brom/

Isn't 443 just 442 with say eriksen moving into the inside left position when attacking. Lots of 443 setups play with 2 out and out strikers. You could argued that 442...4331...433 are all the same at some point in the game.

The key thing is playing to your strengths, something avb was too stubborn to do.

You are right in the sense that formations change whilst on the field. The difference however in lining up 4-3-3 from the get go would be that you would have to drop ether ade or soldado and you would have to replace a winger with a midfielder. The reason I like 4-3-3 is that it allows your wing forwards to not have to track back as we have 3 midfielders in the centre of the park. At the moment when eriksen goes wandering rose is being put under considerable pressure..e.g the man utd game. 4-3-3 also gets the wing forwards closer to the striker where players like eriksen and lamela are more effective. If I'm not mistaken the Roma manager last year tried lamela on the wing in a 4-4-2 and immediately switched back to a 4-3-3 as lamela went totally missing..
That's just my two cents anyway

I never understand why people think being rude and argumentative is going to make others come round to their viewpoint.

"Well, since you repeated your point but more cuntily, I find myself in wholehearted agreement."

:sandro:

You're a clown. "Lamela doesn't train hard enough to impress two different managers.". Where is your proof that is even remotely true? Oh wait, its bullshit you dont have an ounce of proof. On the other hand, I can say Lamela trains hard, with proof. I've seen many pictures of hum training, by himself, after games, when everyone has left. You dont believe in Lamela. That is fine. Do not talk bullshit about him.

Where is your proof that is even remotely true?.
proof is by way of not being picked by either manager, playing like a girl when given the opportunity & whinging like a queen to daddy that he wants to go to Italy after a few months. Anyway, looks like he's offski, that was just like another Dos Santos, lots of promise but not enough for this league....alas what could have been....

proof is by way of not being picked by either manager, playing like a girl when given the opportunity & whinging like a queen to daddy that he wants to go to Italy after a few months. Anyway, looks like he's offski, that was just like another Dos Santos, lots of promise but not enough for this league....alas what could have been....

Dude... You're making all these fucking claims that yoy dont have a single quote from the player to back up any of your shit claims. But, you're right, lets kill the 21 Italian who is playing in a foreign league with foreign players speaking a different language. Honestly, what did you expect from him? He was bought for the future, not the immediate present.

I really don't think he is off at all...
His Dad has probably moaned like this in an attempt to threaten Spurs.
I think we will see more of him in the rest of this season, make a judgement after that.

Dude... You're making all these fucking claims that yoy dont have a single quote from the player to back up any of your shit claims. But, you're right, lets kill the 21 Italian who is playing in a foreign league with foreign players speaking a different language. Honestly, what did you expect from him? He was bought for the future, not the immediate present.

He's Argentinian, he has made little progress in learning the language and u dont spend £25 mill plus on potential. He was clearly bought with a view to filling the Bale void. Like I keep saying, I don't mind him at all except I do question his mental strength and physical for this league and obviously I dont appreciate his pappi talking about him leaving

He's Argentinian, he has made little progress in learning the language and u dont spend £25 mill plus on potential. He was clearly bought with a view to filling the Bale void. Like I keep saying, I don't mind him at all except I do question his mental strength and physical for this league and obviously I dont appreciate his pappi talking about him leaving
Fill the Bale void? What are you on about? They are two totally different types of players. There was no void because it disappeared when AVB changed up our system and tacrics after he left and we bought half of a first team.

For all we know, his Dad is running his mouth and has his own agenda. Stop holding him accountable for someone else's actions.

BTW here's the quote "Erik is not happy and wants to go back to Italy." There is etiquette in football talk coming from representative's, it's all double speak usually but when your Father comes out so blatantly saying he's not happy and wants to fuck off back to Italy and the player is a major investment for Tottenham, usually there's only going to be one thing happening considering the fact it's world cup year and Lamela hasn't been able to compete in this league in his preferred position against our other wide players and that thing is to negotiate the best offer for him. This is precisely what Baldini has been doing with Bepe Marotta.

We should have got Salah much better suited for this league.

BTW here's the quote "Erik is not happy and wants to go back to Italy." There is etiquette in football talk coming from representative's, it's all double speak usually but when your Father comes out so blatantly saying he's not happy and wants to fuck off back to Italy and the player is a major investment for Tottenham, usually there's only going to be one thing happening considering the fact it's world cup year and Lamela hasn't been able to compete in this league in his preferred position against our other wide players and that thing is to negotiate the best offer for him. This is precisely what Baldini has been doing with Bepe Marotta.

We should have got Salah much better suited for this league.
That would mean a hell of a lot more if it was Erik that said it, not his dad. He may have his own agenda. Hell, I can point out a tweet from his brother who said that "yes" he is happy at Spurs. So we have one family member that says he's happy and one says he isn't, who do we believe? There are pictures of him putting in time training on his own and he hasn't said anything directly.

That would mean a hell of a lot more if it was Erik that said it, not his dad. He may have his own agenda. Hell, I can point out a tweet from his brother who said that "yes" he is happy at Spurs. So we have one family member that says he's happy and one says he isn't, who do we believe? There are pictures of him putting in time training on his own and he hasn't said anything directly.

Just wait and see, from the looks of it, all depends on the offers from the Italian clubs, if someone stumps up a good enough deal for a transfer it looks as if it's on but Tottenham aren't interested in any loan deals. So right now the agent is in Italy seeing what the best offers are because 100% Lamela has indicated his preference is to go back!

The ball is in Tottenham's court but Levy has instructed Baldini to listen to serious offers for a sale. Inter who now have an Indonesian owner are desperate but they look the least likely with Juve leading the negotiations at this stage although Lazio & Roma are both interested. The brother Twitter is just good PR just like the extra training pics and the usual nonesense about loving the fans and the badge etc

Let's wait and see what happens but this one seems to be 100% player agitating for a move back to his comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom