Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and replace who?

levy owns part of enic, which would make it real hard to get rid of him and bladini sseems to have levy's confidence...cant see cortese wanted baldini's role anyway..

Not sure if you're aware but there are some fans who want both Levy and ENIC out. My post was a joke suggesting we go for Cortese if we ever get rid of them

One of them maybe Capoue?
All I'm saying is that if he goes, we definitely need another defensive midfielder and a centerback.
If we don't. It's simple ... we'll regret it.

One of them maybe Capoue?
All I'm saying is that if he goes, we definitely need another defensive midfielder and a centerback.
If we don't. It's simple ... we'll regret it.

Then what will we do when another CM gets upset about playing time because we have seven players (not even including Eriksen or Sigurdsson) for two or three spots? We have too many midfielders, a couple of them were always going to end up wanting to leave.

Last edited:
Then what will do when another CM gets upset about playing time because we have seven players (not even including Eriksen or Sigurdsson) for two or three spots? We have too many midfielders, a couple of them were always going to end up wanting to leave.
Quite frankly I care less about that.
It's the coaching staff's job to keep players happy and rotate them. But regardless, you are right. This problem was always likely to emerge with this plethora of players that we have.

However, if Capoue goes, how hard can it be to find an apt DM that would be content with a sub role ... like someone who is pretty experienced and towards their twilight of the career? All we need is a player that can do the job if needed. Money talks.

Quite frankly I care less about that.
It's the coaching staff's job to keep players happy and rotate them. But regardless, you are right. This problem was always likely to emerge with this plethora of players that we have.

However, if Capoue goes, how hard can it be to find an apt DM that would be content with a sub role ... like someone who is pretty experienced and towards their twilight of the career? All we need is a player that can do the job if needed. Money talks.

How do we not have a Livermore smiley for me to express my response with?

Are you suggesting Livermore can be the man for this situation?
If so, would he be happy with a bit part role?
I thought he was loaned for this particular reason.

I was joking. Though he does fit your description well minus being at the end of his career. Honestly, CM is the position I'm least worried about. We have so many players there that we can figure it out even through injury. CB and striker on the other hand...

What is Chadli complaining about, he was brought on as squad depth and he is getting plenty of PT. Maybe too much, imo, cough...Lamela...cough.

What is Chadli complaining about, he was brought on as squad depth and he is getting plenty of PT. Maybe too much, imo, cough...Lamela...cough.

chadli has done nothing to deserve more playing time and TBH if he thinks his going to get a starting spot ether in the middle or wing on the belgian team his kidding himself...

If it were true that these players all want to leave well then, they can fuck right off for themselves.
What did they expect, to be the first names on the team sheet every week?

It pisses me off to no end, if they play well and train well they will get game time, if not they won't.
It's not rocket science.

The Capoue story makes me laugh. He's been here what, 6 months?

Holtby leaving on the other hand I can believe. He's not getting enough playing time and he's way down in the pecking order now we play 4-4-2

For Five Snakes!

For the last time - we WILL NOT sell any of the players we bought 5 months ago

All these tweeter and rag ITK cunts can jog right off - we can be a joke at times but this will not happen

Fuck off

Last edited:
Exactly this - and out of all the signings we've had - I'd say he's shown the least potential, imv - so that's mighty rich

If you want regular play - go to Swansea, son. Even at star-studded clubs like Shitty and Chelsea only 3-4 names are certain on the teamsheet every week - the rest rotate

Back
Top Bottom