Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you guys stopped your anti-Sherwood shit, you'd realise Bentaleb offered far more to the game than Paulinho today overall. Yes Capoue should be starting but it doesn't have to be for Bentaleb. Paulinho should have been kept on the bench for today at least.

IF he hadn't scored, I'd have agreed with you!

Lennon & Soldado were our weak links today not Nabil... a fit-again Townsend will hopefully keep Lennon on his toes!

Hopefully ONE of Ade & Robbie will be fit for next weekend!

I'm still not concerned about Everton. Look at what Liverpool did to them t'other evening, it will happen a few more times before now and the end of the season.

lol look what liverpool did to us ffs

with tiim the gooner cunt in charge we won't play close to our potential

Soldado and Dawson were both very poor today, it was a bit of a weird game as you wouldn't normally expect Steve Bruce to send his team out to try to win matches like this.
Dawson was terrible today, they should also put in his contract that he gets fined a certain amount every time he makes a 50yard pass:dawsonmean:

Im not saying Sherwood is the answer but tbh, i cant see the fans ever being fully content with a manager. We just seem to slag them off whenever we get a bad result.

I didn't see the game as was out at the races, what were the main positives in all seriousness?

I think we've all grown used to Daniel Levy sacking them so frequently

If you guys stopped your anti-Sherwood shit, you'd realise Bentaleb offered far more to the game than Paulinho today overall. Yes Capoue should be starting but it doesn't have to be for Bentaleb. Paulinho should have been kept on the bench for today at least.
If Bentaleb was in the same position as Paulinho, I'm not sure he would have scored the same goal. Bentaleb seems to have the potential but he never looked confident today; as was said earlier he looks too afraid to make a mistake.

Im not saying Sherwood is the answer but tbh, i cant see the fans ever being fully content with a manager. We just seem to slag them off whenever we get a bad result.

I didn't see the game as was out at the races, what were the main positives in all seriousness?

Paulinho scored a cracker, him and Verts completed the 90 unscathed returning from injury

that's pretty much it on the positives

Soldado is useless and takes away a spot from our midfield. If we're to play one short in the center, we have to have a ball-winner, but instead we're playing a defensively inept 19 year old who even spins the opposite direction of the ball when the ball's played past him.

Was pleased with the Sherwood appointment at first, but now his team selections are just looking so poor, coupled with the decision to bring in no help in the window after seeing the City display. Bentaleb has absolutely no business playing over Capoue.

TS had done well on points and on most performances, better than I dare had hoped.

But the whole play Bentaleb all the time and moreso the alienation of Capoue, Holtby and Co is just reeking from a little-man-syndrome of an insecure leader, desperate to stamp authority.

Just as AVB was absolutely gunned down for doing to BAE and Ade.

Now the new manager bounce is over and teams have had a good luck at Sherwoods teams. Tactically we are now a know quantity and teams are shutting us down rather easily, the odd brilliance from the likes of Ade and Eriksen the only exception. This started as early as Palace, who had us in the pocket for large parts of the game.

That is why I am wary of the transfer window fiasco and the whole the-squad-is-great myth. It is not, and we are not playing well at all.

It's not anti-Sherwood shit, it is a genuine appraisal of how we performed today and, as I said, I watched Bentaleb ALL game..and he did nothing, how nothing equates to more than the guy who scored the equaliser I don't know.

why the fuck are people blaming bentaleb?

what about captain fantastic dawson with his engrish grit and all...... how many goals has he cost us this season?

or...
  • pathetic soldado
  • lennon thinking he's messi
  • walker and his brainfarts
  • sherwood for his system and choice of center mid partnership
  • sherwood for not shaking things up when clearly needed

It's not anti-Sherwood shit, it is a genuine appraisal of how we performed today and, as I said, I watched Bentaleb ALL game..and he did nothing, how nothing equates to more than the guy who scored the equaliser I don't know.

Bentaleb is like a DM who doesn't defend very well

#irony

None.

No, I'm being very honest here...we were very, very average and I can take no positives from it. Ok, with my optimists hat on, Paulinho and Vertonghen played 90 minutes.

We didn't concede 5 this time :sherwoodwtf:

Wow, we must have watched different games - I saw a player who continuously misplaced passes, was muscled off the ball and only played 5-yarder side ways taps, too scared not to do something wrong

Well he created two chances second only to Adebayor and Eriksen. He has more attempted forward passes (36) than square and backward passes combined (33). He completed 58 passes which is 15 more than Walker who had the second most.

He had the highest pass completion on the team at 84% tied with Paulinho who attempted 22 less passes. He also led the team in accurate long balls with 4. Furthermore, he had 4 interceptions and won 2/3 aerial duels and was 2/2 on clearances.

So basically your eyes are crocked mate.

Back
Top Bottom