Spurs bottom of the Premier League Net Spend Table for last 5 seasons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But not Levy though. Or Lewis. Or Enic. And definately not the fact that we are the lowest net spenders in the Premier league. Blame everyone but the people running the club, right ?
It is but mere speculation that our managers don't get the players they want. Buying and selling, with agents demands thrown in as well, is not as simple as some make it seem (unless you are overpaying). So lets assume for a second that in most cases, Levy has delivered 75% of players each manager has asked for. The 25% are either out of our price range, don't want to come to Spurs or get a better offer.

So we've hired this manager, and signed most of the players he wanted (he knew before coming that he wouldn't be able to make huge demands on salaries and wages for world class players, as even fans know we do not buck that trend).

And then - absolve those players and the manager of all responsibility but blame the chairman when we don't achieve the results we expect.

Yup. Thats logic right there. :thumbup:

And then - absolve those players and the manager of all responsibility but blame the chairman when we don't achieve the results we expect.

Yup. Thats logic right there. :thumbup:

But dont forget.....when the season is in full swing, slate the players and manager as being shit.

But during the windows, absolve them all, and slate the Chairman.

#TheBlameGame

Confusing as fuck........is Naughton crap, or is it Levy not picking people up at corners?

When Levy supposedly gave AVB the ultimatum to play Ade or fuck off out the club, both he and Ade were slated to fuck when AVB took that latter option.

The team improved, but Levy, Sherwood and Ade were the cunts.....AVB had nothing to do with it.

He needed time. with this squad. Seven new player, how could he possibly make it work in three months......

9 months and one window after AVB leaves, this squad is fucking shit.

Beggars belief the amount of contradictory bullshit people can blindly spin.

Say the first brick for the new stadium is laid tomorrow. Say the plans are all released, we can see the timescales and the results. Say it's all in place and the investment from the club's side is clear. Would people still be disappointed with our net spend?

I do wonder if people would act differently if they could actually see money being spent somewhere, even if not on player purchases. The problem we're in at the moment is that the new stadium is 10 years in the making, and so far we only have a patch of bare ground and a Sainsbury's to show for it.

Say the first brick for the new stadium is laid tomorrow. Say the plans are all released, we can see the timescales and the results. Say it's all in place and the investment from the club's side is clear. Would people still be disappointed with our net spend?

I do wonder if people would act differently if they could actually see money being spent somewhere, even if not on player purchases. The problem we're in at the moment is that the new stadium is 10 years in the making, and so far we only have a patch of bare ground and a Sainsbury's to show for it.
It's a nice Sainsbury's though.

I'm totally easy about these figures. I like us being a well run club, and we always see some new players come in - but obviously aren't in a positoon to keep our best ones. Again - I'm not massively fussed about it because thats where we are as a club. Its not like we're in the race for titles or regularly in CL/winning cups.
CL would be great but I know we're a long way financially behind the top 5. So my main concern is that we play good football, attacking football, and develop players. I'd like us to compete with modest squad, developed talent, one or two flair players and tactics/skill. Not buy up every big name cunt using oil money.
We've been guilty of buying fairly expensive players, based on big reputations or successful seasons and been punished - Bent, Bentley, Ruel Fox, Les Ferdinand, Dean Richards. Not only were they expensive but they had fuck all resale value. We've never been able to hold together a good team - happened in the 80's with Burkinshaw and with Pleat, then Venables, Livermore/Clemence and with Harry/AVB - for a variety of reasons. Even if we chucked a load of cash at some big players - who is to say we'd get CL, and even if we did who is to say that City, Chelsea, PSG or Real Madrid wouldnt come along and buy them. Unfortunately there will always be a bigger fish.

Confusing as fuck........is Naughton crap, or is it Levy not picking people up at corners?

When Levy supposedly gave AVB the ultimatum to play Ade or fuck off out the club, both he and Ade were slated to fuck when AVB took that latter option.

The team improved, but Levy, Sherwood and Ade were the cunts.....AVB had nothing to do with it.

He needed time. with this squad. Seven new player, how could he possibly make it work in three months......

9 months and one window after AVB leaves, this squad is fucking shit.

Beggars belief the amount of contradictory bullshit people can blindly spin.
To be fair, I haven't seen Levy clear on corner yet this season, nor has he got any goals or assists.

#passenger

We were hardly going to build without planning permission....that was only granted in July THIS year

We were hardly going to build without planning permission....that was only granted in July THIS year
Should of. Would be done by now. We wouldn't be allowed to play in it, and the steel works would take up the East Stand as they wouldn't sell...but it'd be done.

Should of. Would be done by now. We wouldn't be allowed to play in it, and the steel works would take up the East Stand as they wouldn't sell...but it'd be done.

Maybe we should have just gone in and blown up the steel works, and burned down all the other shops, and built it illegally and hope the government would just say "oh gone on then...its up now"

:freundgoal:

Maybe we should have just gone in and blown up the steel works, and burned down all the other shops, and built it illegally and hope the gonvernment would just say "oh gone on then...its up now"

That all sounds extremely West Ham doesn't it...

article-0-037DED84000005DC-260_468x286.jpg

Maybe we should have just gone in and blown up the steel works, and burned down all the other shops, and built it illegally and hope the gonvernment would just say "oh gone on then...its up now"

We've had permission for ages. Didn't you know?

Dated 8th March 2004...

#LevyOut

That comparison is ridiculous. Cos` every season your talking about they qualified for the champions league and also finished above us. So they were still achieving. We aint.
Two years before the Goons moved into the Emirates they won the league undefeated. Consistently finishing 4th without spending too much was bare minimum for them. Here we are with a model that allows us to develop promising players and sell them for profit thereby allowing us to buy more promising players and keep us at (and above) our sixth place minimum. It's been 4 seasons since we spent more than we sold, but we're still continually playing European football and in the hunt for the Champions League.
Are you implying we're busy saving the 400m as a lump sum to pay in cash upfront?

:dawsonlol:

With all due respect, take some time and think about that for a few minutes.
No. That's not what I'm implying at all. Making more money now will enable us to pay off the new stadium faster though. Obviously.
whats the latest estimate on that? -just so we can add 3 years, to work out the date it will actually be ready.
According to Wiki we've announced we'll move in ahead of the 2017/18 season.

And cheers to sammyspurs sammyspurs and Millbanks Millbanks for their excellent contributions to this thread.

I was kidding when I said "TROUBLING TIMES" I was trying to do a SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS thing. Now I look like one of the melts I was trying to poke fun at.

Two years before the Goons moved into the Emirates they won the league undefeated. Consistently finishing 4th without spending too much was bare minimum for them. Here we are with a model that allows us to develop promising players and sell them for profit thereby allowing us to buy more promising players and keep us at (and above) our sixth place minimum. It's been 4 seasons since we spent more than we sold, but we're still continually playing European football and in the hunt for the Champions League.

No. That's not what I'm implying at all. Making more money now will enable us to pay off the new stadium faster though. Obviously.

According to Wiki we've announced we'll move in ahead of the 2017/18 season.

And cheers to sammyspurs sammyspurs and Millbanks Millbanks for their excellent contributions to this thread.

Here here, sammyspurs sammyspurs seems to be on a gold run of sense at the moment, and its all true, as my post earlier says, sadly as it is more difficult to regularly secure CL footy as it was 10 years ago when Woolwich were building, we have to tighten our belts even more than they did to make it all work.

JDK JDK surely everyone knew you were joking, the day you stop making sense is the day this place folds!

Sadly now we have the pathetic international break to try and fill with crap, but after we get to beat Sunderland and West Brom and get back towards the top, looking forward to those games and Poch gets more time to look at what went wrong at Liverpool and keep working with the guys still around, plus no more transfer bullshit for a while which I am sure he will appreciate so he can concentrate on building (team not stadium)

Back
Top Bottom