Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usually, I'm very optimistic, but I can't see it getting any better tomorrow. Just hoping for Lloris, Vertonghen, Lamela, Chadli and Kane in the starting line-up. Verts, because he looked really good against Wales (and he should be playing anyways...), Lamela, because we look a little more dangerous with him in attacking play, Chadli, because he is the only one scoring league goals and Kane, because he is the only one scoring non-league goals.

Usually I'm very worried about every game we play, but for some reason I've got a good feeling today. I'm think we're going to win comfortably and Soldado is going to score!

Lloris
Dier --------------- Kaboom ------------ Verts --------------- Davies
Capoue -------- Mason
Lamela ---------------------------------- Eriksen
Soldado
Kane​

I suppose, if things stay as they are now, a win tomorrow could do us the world of good. Move us level with Arsehole and 2 points off fourth place Man U. Hopefully the bin dippers lose and we score a couple and concede none.
Yes, we have had a terrible start. However, when all is said and done we have been just as shit as the bin dippers who, according to Brendan's logic, have spent enough to be challenging for the title. We are 3 points less shit than Everton and Arsehole - but with a game in hand.
So, the optimist in me is saying that it surely cannot get any worse and we must click, start playing and winning soon. Then it could all turn out ok.
Realistically sixth place would have been acceptable this season. Sixth and a cup would be great. Winning the EL would be beyond belief and finishing 4th a miracle.

Hull 0 - 2 Spurs ( Chadli, Kane)
I'd be delighted if we finished above Woolwich well outside the Top 4 this season.

What if's - oh what a year to have given up so many soft points. I'll just cut myself if arse have crap season and someone other than us gets in top 4.
As for HULL, both sides need 3pts, Bruce will have them revved knowing this season sides that get pumped can beat us. Poch must kick this guys into getting revved, not be weak, be attacking and not give up.
Won't be easy but have to win, Spurs 1-0.

What if's - oh what a year to have given up so many soft points. I'll just cut myself if arse have crap season and someone other than us gets in top 4.
As for HULL, both sides need 3pts, Bruce will have them revved knowing this season sides that get pumped can beat us. Poch must kick this guys into getting revved, not be weak, be attacking and not give up.
Won't be easy but have to win, Spurs 1-0.
You need a cuddle.

In theory we will probably lose or draw to Hull, tactically they simply look better than us. Their team usually can shift between a 3 and 4 man defence, 5 in midfield, similar to the 3-5-2 juventus play. So how would we exploit a 3 man defence and 5 man midfield?.

-Use pacy wide players to stretch the pitch and or play counter attacking football
- Hoof /use long ball through balls from the back
- Try and control the midfield but I don't think we have the personnel to effectively do that

If we start with lamela, chadli ,eriksen in a 4-2-3-1, they will easily be nullified by Hull's defense.Capoue and Mason will struggle in midfield against 5 midfiedlers.so what's the solution?. i reckon we need a physically strong team out there

Naughton- kaboul -Vertonghen- Rose
Mason-----------Capoue---------Dembele
Lennon ----------Kane---------------Townsend

Then after the hour mark bring in the technical players such as eriksen, chadli and lamela who will get more time and space on the ball.

Right. I've come back to London this week to sort this mess out. It starts today with a 2-1 win. Thursday we smash Parmesan and then Sunday vs Everton a 3-2 win. My work here will be done.

Its not an excuse (more a worry) but i think that our bunch of mostly fancy-dans with no appetite for a fight will not be up for a rainy skiddy surface at Hull.

Back
Top Bottom