Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fuck me are some of you massive cunts towards the players.

If you support the club, you support the players wearing the shirt. That's that.

Spoiled assholes have no idea how much I'd love to be able to go to the Lane and root Spurs on in person.

I'm not
but if it helps - I don't think its your fault.
Certainly not for any choice of thread title.

It is however your fault for not being selected to play, and then subsequently failing to score 5 goals to put the game beyond doubt.
You let the club down, you let the fans down - but most of all, I've let your tyres down.
I was wondering who did that. cunt

Anyone that regularly posts on this board shouldn't be anything less than livid about losing to Leicester and being knocked out of the FA Cup. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Spurs. Not a single day. I imagine that is the same for quite a number of you as well. How can anyone just brush off losing today? Not just losing though. Completely blowing it. We blew it from the minute Poch didn't fully respect Sheffield United. If we had played our strongest squad on Wednesday, or maybe at a minimum hadn't played that walking calamity Adebayor we could have been comfortably ahead. We would have been able to start another strong squad against Leicester and not had to worry about the 2md leg of the semi-final.

Let's be perfectly honest with ourselves, if we had won today, given the results of the day, we would have more than likely gone quite deep. We all want to wax poetic about our chances at top 4. The chances of that happening are slim. However, a team that is on form as a whole and in all competitions has more confidence and that confidence could have played a major part in attaining a top 4 berth. Now, every single week that there is a FA Cup match, our players will be reminded that they're not in that competition anymore. That sort of mental blow is much worse than the physical blow we take by still being in all 4 competitions.

I have been wondering for a few hours why some people are seemingly taking it so well. I think it's because a huge number of people haven't seen the highlights still. It must be.

Many of us said that we didn't expect anything from this season at the beginning. I am one of those people. However, after our festive fixtures? I realized that we could legitimately make multiple runs. A season that in some ways I wanted to end before it even began had been transformed into one that we might be talking about for the rest of our lives. It now hangs on by a piece of thread.

Im a bit confused.
Our fans are cunts....but is it because:

a) Some are glad we went out, because they feel we cant cope with extra games?
b) Some are angry we lost, and over-reacting?
c) Some booed Adebayor
d) Some cheered Adebayor

Who is who in this game of cunt?

I suppose I should be writing how livid I am and when you look at how we unravelled in the end you can't really defend that.

I have been here before, going out of the cup early and there was nothing to play for for the rest of the season. I am not going to say that makes it ok but clearly we're in a reasonable shout for the league cup (notice how no other semi finalist won yesterday?) a reasonable League position is possible and we're still in the Europa League.

The point is that we still have a hell of a lot to play for and though I don't ever want out of of the FA cup, it's a not as horrible as a barren rest of season as I have experienced in previous seasons.

It's that whole narrative of we lost to a shit team therefore we must have been shit, as far as I can make out we were cruising to a 1-0 win, switched off for a minute, they punished us and had the momentum to push on and win while we were still attempting to get our arses back into gear.

After a bad result I usually calm down a bit, but with hindsight I'm so gutted about this. Spurs and FA cup - it used to be our competition. I was ten when I watched us win in it in 91 and it was magic. I just feel that by playing a second string team Poch has disrespected the cup some and underestimated how much it means to Spurs. Especially now that it's wide open to win. I'd have happily lived off an FA cup win for another 25 years.

It's that whole narrative of we lost to a shit team therefore we must have been shit, as far as I can make out we were cruising to a 1-0 win, switched off for a minute, they punished us and had the momentum to push on and win while we were still attempting to get our arses back into gear.

We were. We were controlling the game and looked comfortable until the lucky bounce got them their equaliser. I think most people have just watched the BBC highlights and judged the game on that alone.

Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele actually did ok, a few stupid misplaced passes aside (which just about everyone did) they held possession well with some one touch triangles.

Townsend and Lamela both did ok, although both need to learn to release the ball quicker. They kept to the wings quite often and stretched Leicester as a result; an early pass could have been better.

Soldado had a good game. He was so tenacious. Every time a ball came over the top which he had no chance of heading (vs a giant CB) he still went in for it, still fought for every ball. Won it a good few times too. Won the penalty with a lovely turn, completely did the defender. Also his tenaciousness should have seen their guy sent off for slapping him in the face, which he did because he realised Soldado had gotten the better of him. Don't know why the ref only booked him for it, could be because the Leicester fans were baying for ref blood after booking their guy for diving.

Fazio was great, Kaboul fine, Chiriches and Rose ok except some silly errors, especially Rose with some terrible passes.

Vorm some great saves and commanded the box well, just let himself down at the end with that fumble.

After a bad result I usually calm down a bit, but with hindsight I'm so gutted about this. Spurs and FA cup - it used to be our competition. I was ten when I watched us win in it in 91 and it was magic. I just feel that by playing a second string team Poch has disrespected the cup some and underestimated how much it means to Spurs. Especially now that it's wide open to win. I'd have happily lived off an FA cup win for another 25 years.

You say second string, but we started the game with £70M up top.

That side should be enough to beat Leicester at home. Poch did not disrespect the FA Cup, perhaps some of the players did when they let him down.........again.

We have a crucial semi final in a few days, and Im glad some of our vital players were rested for it.

We were. We were controlling the game and looked comfortable until the lucky bounce got them their equaliser. I think most people have just watched the BBC highlights and judged the game on that alone.

Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele actually did ok, a few stupid misplaced passes aside (which just about everyone did) they held possession well with some one touch triangles.

Townsend and Lamela both did ok, although both need to learn to release the ball quicker. They kept to the wings quite often and stretched Leicester as a result; an early pass could have been better.

Soldado had a good game. He was so tenacious. Every time a ball came over the top which he had no chance of heading (vs a giant CB) he still went in for it, still fought for every ball. Won it a good few times too. Won the penalty with a lovely turn, completely did the defender. Also his tenaciousness should have seen their guy sent off for slapping him in the face, which he did because he realised Soldado had gotten the better of him. Don't know why the ref only booked him for it, could be because the Leicester fans were baying for ref blood after booking their guy for diving.

Fazio was great, Kaboul fine, Chiriches and Rose ok except some silly errors, especially Rose with some terrible passes.

Vorm some great saves and commanded the box well, just let himself down at the end with that fumble.

Same narrative as always though innit?

You can't kill teams off and proceed to lose in meltdown fashion, sounds like same old Spurs to me.

This is Leicester City. We did this against Palace. We did this against Sunderland. We did this against Burnley.

So, until they actually look like they can take 3 points comfortably instead of being run ragged by relegation battlers and luck victories, will people stop saying we are shit.

Some would say that switching off and letting a team back into the game is worse than getting beaten straight up.

Back
Top Bottom