Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (Home) 21st Mar 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_n1k1j03vw71s5la0so1_.gif

On a positive note.....our surface looked superb today..full marks to the groundstaff. Very lush and green, O'sullivan could of played snooker on that today.

We've got the 16th worst defense in the league, conceding 45 goals in 30 games.

Liverpool have conceded 30.
Southampton 21
United 26
Woolwich 31.

Looking at those numbers tells you how far behind our defense is. It's needed sorting out all season, never mind now. That's 6 goals in the past 2 games alone. Worrying.
south-park-s14e11c05-god-bless-you-captain-hindsight-16x9.jpg

I think it's very easy to blame Poch, as month after month he is showing a serious lack of judgement. I'm most annoyed at the stupid way we prepared for Wembley by taking all our players to Italy. I was furious about our no show at OT, and today was embarrassing.
We have players we could play who are better than Chadli for example, such as Dembele or Stambouli. What's happening with Fazio? Why are we so pathetic at defending? Is the 'high line' a good idea from Poch, doesn't look like it, as SIX goals fly past us in the last two games.

Incidentally, people had no problems attacking Sherwood when he had far less 'preparation time' than Poch.

Not that I would attack Poch in the shameful way that so many attacked Sherwood.
There are more 'Claudes on here that in his extended family - and they all look the same - beaten and unrealistic, and joyless and grey - with nothing better to to than drink cheap Bells and still pretend it's '60's. Good luck to you boyos - you're going to die unhappy unless you get on the Pock love train.

Agree on the Baldini thing, what a bunch of signings that man has got us.

Problem is our model of signing players is to go for cheap bargains then wonder why Benji ain't as good as Schneiderlin. Until Levy accepts that we need to pay that bit more for quality as its quality that gets you top 4 we will go round in circles on managers and players.

You don't scout well enough or arent willing to spend that bit extra don't be surprised to end up with duds.

Our position has changed further more as we have lots of young players coming through so signing average players will also impede their development. We need to change our purchasing model.

What! How much did Schneiderlin cost Southampton then? He cost about 4 times less than Stambouli.
I just don't get how people think we can just snap up players for £20-30-40m without a care in the world..
We have got no over inflated sponsorship deals from firms one by the owner.
We have not got a 50k plus stadium.
Look at it like this. We have the 9th highest average attendance. Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland, Liverpool & Chelsea all get more than us.
Yet, we have the 5th highest match day revenue, double that of Man City and Newcastle who have the 4th & 3rd highest gates in the EPL respectively. We also get slightly less than Liverpool who have the 5th.
Why is that?
Ticket Prices, hospitality (to an extent) and costs.
That enables us to pay competitive wages.

So, be prepared to pay a lot more for your ticket and membership if you want us to be signing big money players without selling first.
We need the capacity to do so and, if we want to start buying big money players and pay competitive wages, we will still have to charge the same prices as we do now when we have a capacity comparable to Newcastle.

Just as Chavs make about 4 times as much as us in match day revenue with just an average gate of just 5k more - making them 3rd in the table of Matchday earners with the 7th biggest average attendance.

Swansea bought Bony for about £12m and he has done wonders with them. Yet City paid 3x more for him. Who has the better buyers there?

There are more 'Claudes on here that in his extended family - and they all look the same - beaten and unrealistic, and joyless and grey - with nothing better to to than drink cheap Bells and still pretend it's '60's. Good luck to you boyos - you're going to die unhappy unless you get on the Pock love train.
And as for the match thread - it's he usual Ron Greenwoods. Squeaking like little girls in a shaky filmed forest. Oh were the Tottenham. were the Tottenham we''e the famous Tottenham we need to win every game 5-0.

Joseph, you're drunk aren't you...?

Chadli has 8 goals and 5 assists in 1805 mins in the PL. Second only to Kane, with a huge margin to the next best AM. He's also much more comfortable in position than the likes of Lamela and Townsend (and Eriksen, imo). Add to that that he has a much more impressive presence in the box on set pieces.

He's a vital part of the first team.

But ye, he didn't have his best game today, and he hasn't really reached the same level as We saw before his personal tragedy and injury.
That's the thing, his 'fluke' goals will always cover up every time his performances are brought into question. Since he's an attacking midfield why is no one questioning his number of successful passes, successful dribbles, chances created, crosses completed, tackles, interceptions, distance covered in 90 minutes? etc

Yes he's much better goalscorer compared to Townsend and Lamela and he has been fortunate enough to find himself in good goal scoring positions many times this season. What about his other responsibilities as a midfielder like shielding the defense, avoid opponent from creating chances etc?

What exactly does he do off the ball and why are his passes extremely poor for creative attacking midfield?

Last edited:
No mate I think thats a cheap shot - and I expect no reply. Why pick on me me man - you're hardly the most erudite on here - seemed like a wild swipe TBH. Super spurs fan.
sorry Joe, I was trying to lighten the mood on here.... We've just won a 7 goal thriller and everyone's at eachother's throats!!
Ah well... Happy vibes!

.....HANG ON... I AM ONE OF THE MOST ERUDITE FUCKERS I KNOW!!!
Cheeky scamp!

sorry Joe, I was trying to lighten the mood on here.... We've just won a 7 goal thriller and everyone's at eachother's throats!!
Ah well... Happy vibes!
Well I wasn't at at anyone one's throught's - i was at the melts - as usual, but suddenly I found my self having to to defend myself, for which I found my self protected by SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy and the good lord shine down on his righteous family. Amen.

Back
Top Bottom