Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (Home) 21st Mar 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bentaleb is a lunatic.
The best French-ish players usually are...

eric-cantona_2830342b.jpg

Zidane.jpg

:pochsmirk:

I'm delighted we won, and I'm delighted for Harry and his hat trick.

But that was fucking embarrassing, and I am beginning to think Poch is not the manager we need.

I'm not saying Poch Out yet, but I can easily see me saying that soon, unless he starts changing his team selection and his tactics.

We were so lucky and so pathetic today in so many areas.

You start saying that soon and you can fuck off you gooner loving cunt. Jesus Christ, think you can do better? Go get your coaching badges and get your job application in then you miserable oxygen-thieving bag of shit.

AVB, Sherwood, Poch. Still average. In fact, at this rate we'll end up looking at last year as a better season.

Baldini has to go and Levy needs to accept that the CL is a faint dream unless he wants to invest in more than Fartzio and Stromboli for a summer spend.

Agree on the Baldini thing, what a bunch of signings that man has got us.

Problem is our model of signing players is to go for cheap bargains then wonder why Benji ain't as good as Schneiderlin. Until Levy accepts that we need to pay that bit more for quality as its quality that gets you top 4 we will go round in circles on managers and players.

You don't scout well enough or arent willing to spend that bit extra don't be surprised to end up with duds.

Our position has changed further more as we have lots of young players coming through so signing average players will also impede their development. We need to change our purchasing model.

But that was fucking embarrassing, and I am beginning to think Poch is not the manager we need.

I'm not saying Poch Out yet, but I can easily see me saying that soon, unless he starts changing his team selection and his tactics.

Don't think you can blame the manager for some serious limitations with our sqaud. Hard to judge a man when he doesn't have the right tools at his disposal and in this case some seriously underperforming individuals.

Agree on the Baldini thing, what a bunch of signings that man has got us.

Problem is our model of signing players is to go for cheap bargains then wonder why Benji ain't as good as Schneiderlin. Until Levy accepts that we need to pay that bit more for quality as its quality that gets you top 4 we will go round in circles on managers and players.

You don't scout well enough or arent willing to spend that bit extra don't be surprised to end up with duds.

Our position has changed further more as we have lots of young players coming through so signing average players will also impede their development. We need to change our purchasing model.
I think the problem is that Levy looks at the manager like a corporate employee. He sets a target and expects, almost as if he has a "well, I've given you some players so make it happen" attitude. But he doesn't seem to appreciate that DaVinci didn't paint the Sistine Chapel with only a toothbrush.

I'm getting fed up of saying the same every week but we need to be better defensively. I've said it time and time again but you can't keep relying on outscoring the opposition. When it's just 1, fine you expect us to probably score 2 but any time we concede 2 or more the result is in danger.

Should we have to score 4 goals to win todays game? Even then you're probably a little thankful it's Leicester and not a better team who are more clinical.
Going back to Swansea and I don't think you'll see a more comfortable performance and come the final whistle we're singing Hugo's praises.

6 clean sheets in 30 league games - not good enough.
Only Newcastle, Leicester, QPR and Burnley have conceded more than us in the league.

On a positive note, back to winning ways. Three more goals for Harry too!

So....We're on 53 points, with 8 games to go. 70 points usually gets you in or around the top 4.

17 points from a possible 24. Difficult and even then we may not get it, but getting to the 70 mark would be a huge achievement for this group.

Draw tomorrow between United and Liverpool gives us a glimmer of hope.

Sorry SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy my phone is terrible in England I can't get any signal, Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor YidoBuckler YidoBuckler and Spurs1882DW Spurs1882DW i was right there amongst you but didn't have chance to say hello as was too stressed!

Was great to be back at lane, defensively very suspect and being in 35 from my perspective the problem is Mason and Bentelab offer very little genuine protection and barely any today, Leicester were able to spread play to left and right or thread balls through with no challenge coming in, we need a beast in there

Eriksen was back today but still needs more, he needs to be on ball all the time

Kane is imperious great player thank god for him

I feel every game will go like this until next season

CoYS very tired not slept for 2 days!!!

How embarrassing to see this sort of rubbish on our teams forum. :paulinhofacepalm:

Well, he's not wrong.

We've got the 16th worst defense in the league, conceding 45 goals in 30 games.

Liverpool have conceded 30.
Southampton 21
United 26
Woolwich 31.

Looking at those numbers tells you how far behind our defense is. It's needed sorting out all season, never mind now. That's 6 goals in the past 2 games alone. Worrying.

So....We're on 53 points, with 8 games to go. 70 points usually gets you in or around the top 4.

17 points from a possible 24. Difficult and even then we may not get it, but getting to the 70 mark would be a huge achievement for this group.

Draw tomorrow between United and Liverpool gives us a glimmer of hope.
No chance. Give up dreaming. 70 pts wont be enough, and we wont get 70. We've gotta hope that Liverpool get to the FA Cup final to guarantee that we get in the Europa

We've got the 16th worst defense in the league, conceding 45 goals in 30 games.

Liverpool have conceded 30.
Southampton 21
United 26
Woolwich 31.

Looking at those numbers tells you how far behind our defense is. It's needed sorting out all season, never mind now. That's 6 goals in the past 2 games alone. Worrying.
Hard to identify the cause of it, too.

Yes, the manager has some culpability if he picks a formation/tactics not suited to the defenders he has...

But we've come undone so many times due to stupid errors. Aside from trying to coach the players to not have brain farts, I don't think Pochettino is to blame for those.

The third Leicester goal seemed like particularly silly judgement from Vertonghen.

Wing play was poor. Though we knew that going into the game and hopefully we will address in the window.

Kane / Eriksen was great.

Rose great again.

Rest of the defence was an absolute shambles. Walker was straight up gash. Seems we have brought in a centre half. Hopefully some more movement in the window can strengthen us there.

I enjoyed Paulinho when he came on. Didn't think I would be saying that.

Back
Top Bottom