New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
Who should be our next manager after we sack Pochettino's replacement?
Was Pochettino's replacement given enough time?
Did Levy back him enough?
Was 4 points from 16 games reason enough to sack him?
Was the straight swap between Harry Kane and Ricky Lambert the straw that broke the camel's back?
Discuss.

Some of you are taking past experiences like they mean something when managing Tottenham. How is managing Villarreal over 10 years ago comparable to managing Tottenham in 2015? Villarreal were a relatively good side with some real good players. Like mentioned, he then managed Real Madrid who are top dogs in Spain, Malaga who outspent everyone and now Man City who also outspend everyone. Even then, he's done relatively shit this year.

I like Pellegrini, he seems a nice guy. Very stubborn though and doesn't tend to change his ways (like most managers), but at the end of the day Juande Ramos was also good in Spain. Next you'll be calling for Unai Emery to take over.

Have you forgotten about David Moyes? Excellent at a mid-table club but out of his depth when given a top dog job. Not every manager is suited for a big club.

Poch was even sacked at Espanyol, a club that don't have big expectations, how does he even get to manage us?

I think we have too much contunuity.

We should probably swap managers twice a season. Keep it fresh, ya know?

Levy should pick the right manager and players for each week in question. If we're playing the scum, get Tony Pulis in. If we've got Newcastle that week, get Paulo di Canio on the blower. If it's QPR at the Lane, don't bother paying for a manager that week. Save a few bob while we're at it.

He´s had 7 signings and a full squad of which he has chosen not to use. So I guess it depends what we call fair or not.
Don't manipulate the figures here, he's had 7 signings yes, one of which is currently loaned out(Alli). 2 of which were blatant B options(Stambouli and Fazio) and one who's simply a back-up(Vorm). I'm still convinced that Yedlin is purely for promoting Tottenham in the US, Dier has done well imo and Davies has simply been kept out by Rose, who's had a great season.

That poll goes to show that the negative commenters tend to shout the loudest on these threads.

You'd think 90% of people on here want Poch out if you read a post match thread yet the poll shows quite the opposite.

I guess you feel the need to shout loader when u know u have a weak point.

I got 6 fucking votes :troll:

carverreut_3193600b.jpg

I know this thread is a piss-take but a quick glance from any outsiders would make us laughing stock again. This new fan generation of instant gratification (evident in many aspects of society today) has become a cancerous growth that seems to have infected so many layers of our fanbase. Shameful scenes.

Last edited:
OK as usual everyone missing the point with Spurs......

Now is it either Joe Clash leaving or Case's new forum format that have caused the damage to our results?

How long do we have to put up with such madness, we needed consistency!!!

Back
Top Bottom