Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching it on putlocker. What a fucking player he was. One of my all time favourites. Absolutely fucked over by the press. Seeing some of these goals again gives me goosebumps.

Gazza was on the Clare Balding show on Friday along with Seaman and Stuart Pearce. He looked quite well,but still looks very thin. He was sporting a goatee, which looks daft and he kept touching it, as he seemed a bit nervous. He still has a sense of humour and appeared genuinely pleased when people said nice things things about him. Worth watching if only to see THAT free kick again. I hate to be such a pessimist, and hope that I am completely wrong, but I just feel it is only a matter of time before he falls off the wagon again.

Gazza was on the Clare Balding show on Friday along with Seaman and Stuart Pearce. He looked quite well,but still looks very thin. He was sporting a goatee, which looks daft and he kept touching it, as he seemed a bit nervous. He still has a sense of humour and appeared genuinely pleased when people said nice things things about him. Worth watching if only to see THAT free kick again. I hate to be such a pessimist, and hope that I am completely wrong, but I just feel it is only a matter of time before he falls off the wagon again.
Please say they came back to a close-up of Seaman's face just after they showed the goal!

He's always nervous when talking on TV or in public. I think with his demons he will fall off now and then but we just have to hope it's only for a day or two.

I just saw that Gascoigne film ...

I highly suggest you guys to watch that documentary - it's brilliantly told.
I mean, wow ... what a sublime player Gazza was. I've never actually seen him play. I only had watched some few clips and highlights. I also never really knew about his personality and issues. And truthfully, up until now, I also didn't really understand how iconic he was and is. His story is unbelievable. You feel pity and so proud of him at the same time. As Lineker said in the film ...

"Part of his genius, part of his magnificence, is the fact that he is so vulnerable.
"Without the vulnerable side, I don't think he would have been the player that he was."

I'm just delighted that he's part of our history. Absolute legend. :gazza:

Please say they came back to a close-up of Seaman's face just after they showed the goal!
Unfortunately no, he made some remark about his studs getting caught. Although it is very uncomfortable for me to be even civil about gooners, to be fair, he was quite gracious and he seems to genuinely care for Gazza.

I just saw that Gascoigne film ...

I highly suggest you guys to watch that documentary - it's brilliantly told.
I mean, wow ... what a sublime player Gazza was. I've never actually seen him play. I only had watched some few clips and highlights. I also never really knew about his personality and issues. And truthfully, up until now, I also didn't really understand how iconic he was and is. His story is unbelievable. You feel pity and so proud of him at the same time. As Lineker said in the film ...

"Part of his genius, part of his magnificence, is the fact that he is so vulnerable.
"Without the vulnerable side, I don't think he would have been the player that he was."

I'm just delighted that he's part of our history. Absolute legend. :gazza:
He was an amazing player to watch. I was lucky enough to watch him play for Newcastle once, us and for England (back when England results actually mattered). I was 9 when he joined us and he was the player you tried to copy in the playground.
I am looking forward to watching the film.

Yes he was one of the best. I remember a brilliant goal he scored against Luton, it was the time that they banned away supporters, but a very large number of Spurs supporters still managed to get in. He got the ball in our half and just went through their team like a knife through butter. But he was and still is an enigma, I just hope he can control his demons.

Film was fantastic, though I'm sad that Rooney and Mourinho make up a full half of the people interviewed for it. Gazza looks good, I think, so good for him.

Film was fantastic, though I'm sad that Rooney and Mourinho make up a full half of the people interviewed for it. Gazza looks good, I think, so good for him.
Not seen Gazza so lucid since before France 1998. Let's hope the tabloids leave him alone to live out his days in peace

Not seen Gazza so lucid since before France 1998. Let's hope the tabloids leave him alone to live out his days in peace
It actually took a half second for me to understand that was Gazza, as I had gotten used to the thin, fragile shots we'd seen over the past half decade or so. It was harder to recognise him than Lineker with his hilarious facial hair (has he had it long? I don't watch MOTD). Though Lineker starts with a v/o, so I knew I'd see his face soon.

"I don’t understand Spurs fan’s fuss over Wilshere’s comments. He Loves Woolwich, so is bound to hate Spurs. Spurs fans should be more worried about being embarrassed by Woolwich every season As for Jack having a few beers, good luck to hi! It never did me any harm during my career. I was actually drunk when I signed for Spurs!"

Cunt.

I agree with the opening sentence, not sure why he needed to go and add the second. Plus, so far as I could tell, it was the media who kicked up a fuss, not Spurs fans.

"I don’t understand Spurs fan’s fuss over Wilshere’s comments. He Loves Woolwich, so is bound to hate Spurs. Spurs fans should be more worried about being embarrassed by Woolwich every season As for Jack having a few beers, good luck to hi! It never did me any harm during my career. I was actually drunk when I signed for Spurs!"

Cunt.
I'm calling bullshit on that quote.

Back
Top Bottom