Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh, I'm not disputing your claims over his speed - I'm just saying that he might well get even faster (see Poch's work with Jay Rodriguez) or at the very least more agile.
Agreed. Dier is deceptively quick too, think he was clocked at third fastest Prem footballer last year. Dier/Wimmer for cups and Vert/Alderweireld for league would be great to see.

This fella is a bit of a fucking unit isnt he? I ilke that in a centrehalf, got a feeling hes going to be one of those players i love who doesnt mess about and just gets the job done

He's the quickest centre back at the club.
Really? Have they had a 100m dash at the clubs sports day? He will be quicker than Fazio I reckon (but my missus' 85 year old mother would give him a good race). Kaboul is shot to bits (but a couple of years ago was one rapid defender) I think he is on a par with Verts but Dier has some pace too. Where has this info come from that he is actually faster than any other CB at the club?

Really? Have they had a 100m dash at the clubs sports day? He will be quicker than Fazio I reckon (but my missus' 85 year old mother would give him a good race). Kaboul is shot to bits (but a couple of years ago was one rapid defender) I think he is on a par with Verts but Dier has some pace too. Where has this info come from that he is actually faster than any other CB at the club?
To use a cricketing phrase: 'pace without direction is both a myth and a delusion'.

To use a cricketing phrase: 'pace without direction is both a myth and a delusion'.
Lol mate. Quite right. I'd like to see the pace debate won first & then move on to whether or not his supposedly superior speed actually makes a difference. I guess time will tell. This guy is another I have high hopes for. But is he like fast...or just a quick runner? Lennon is a quick runner. Does that make him any use to us when he outstrips the whole of the opposition left side in under 6 seconds & then passes his cross to the keeper or sends it into row Z? I dunno. I'm just already excited to see how the summer unfolds & how we set up against those cunts in the curtain raiser. But I think tipping Wimmer as a speed demon is either very optimistic or tells us that our CB's are gash

Lol mate. Quite right. I'd like to see the pace debate won first & then move on to whether or not his supposedly superior speed actually makes a difference. I guess time will tell. This guy is another I have high hopes for. But is he like fast...or just a quick runner? Lennon is a quick runner. Does that make him any use to us when he outstrips the whole of the opposition left side in under 6 seconds & then passes his cross to the keeper or sends it into row Z? I dunno. I'm just already excited to see how the summer unfolds & how we set up against those cunts in the curtain raiser. But I think tipping Wimmer as a speed demon is either very optimistic or tells us that our CB's are gash
I like my centre backs to be able to read the game in front of them - I hope Wimmer has this ability - I doubt if it can be coached. Having said that, pace is essential for the 'high line' blah, blah, blah, etc.

Because I've watched him play? Have you? what did you think?

I've seen him on a few YouTube clips if that counts? He doesn't look that fast but that could be my stream...time will tell but it's a bold statement to say he's the fastest CB at the club

Don't expect King type speed. He's quick, being quicker than the likes of Vertonghen and Fazio isn't hard. I think he will pleasantly surprise a few people.

Not being funny Totti Totti but you seem to have watched every player we're linked with... How do you manage to watch so much football from around Europe?

I made an effort to watch Koln when we were heavily linked in January. Must have watched him about 8 or so times.

Other links? Alderweireld and Schneiderlin play Prem football, Trippier did too and only saw a fair bit. Those that we've been linked with round Europe I haven't seen a great deal of. Martial and Carrasco were mostly Champions League or the odd big French against Lyon or PSG.

There's also a difference between quickness/acceleration and out and out pace. Like a car's 0 to 100 versus top speed. I think Dier is one of the fastest in the league once those legs hit full stride, but Hazard could probably run circles around him.

There's also a difference between quickness/acceleration and out and out pace. Like a car's 0 to 100 versus top speed. I think Dier is one of the fastest in the league once those legs hit full stride, but Hazard could probably run circles around him.
Which is why Marcus Edwards will dominate world football

Back
Top Bottom