Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a dreadful result. Leicester are decent, organized, motivated, and they were at home. But of course, frustrating to conceed so soon after our goal and having dropped points in all games so far.

I though Dembele looks back to his best, but can he get better though and contribute more goals or assists this season? If not then he really has to just be a squad player, assuming we can get better players in, or at least potentially better players.
I have no concerns about Kane, but he doesn't look match fit to me. It highlights that we do need more options up front. I'm not convinced Berahino is it, but there we go...

Things I'd like Poch to fix which seem to have been problems for ages:
- Walker stopping when confronted by a defender.
- Lamela being such an awful tackler. Even worse than the average in our team which can't be high.
- General labouriousness of attacks. I'd like to see us try more one touch football in the final third, and to attack with some intent when on the break; it's just to easy to defend against as it is.

Honestly, I don't think we are as bad as some people are saying but there remain problems and I find watching us frustrating.

Its not just Levy, there is a transfer team

1) Never once did I use the phrase "transfer team".
2) I said that every decision was made by Levy I just disagreed with the characterization that Levy was the only one who negotiates or works the phones and that he had spent fifteen days negotiating for a Columbian teenager and was unable to do any of our other business.

No we're not bad.

We're fucking terrible. I try to stay optimistic but goddamn -- watching us piddle around for 80 minutes trying to figure out how to get the ball past 11 men is unbearable, then when we finally manage to get the ball into the back of the net our defense seems to think the fucking job is done. Two fucking weeks in a row. Christ don't call it a meltdown we been here for years

You have one of the fastest players in any league and he is not even in the 18. Yedlin can stretch any defense with his pace. This club is turning into a shit show. Loan him or sell him to a coach/team who will use him.

Less concerned about results more concerned about how fucking boring we have become. I've taken naps that were more exciting than the first half. Seriously this cannot be Poch plan for football because we are even more painful to watch than under avb

Talk about going from heaven to hell in 2min.. In one perfect moment young Alli looks like hes going to be the match winner and I'm jumping up and down, and in the next my wife is angry at me for shhh-ing :kaneshh:her because she complained about my swearing and I'm close to smashing my computer.. I even had to apologize to her :eriksenserious:

Though one thing is sure, I love this bunch of players and I don't think there's one player in the squad I don't want to see wearing the Spurs shirt! We're not playing beautiful football(sometimes we do) but I really like this hardworking team. COYS

PS. So glad to see Caroll and Alli coming on instead of Paulinho and Soldado.

Where do you live?

4 hour drive there.... 3.5 hour drive back... Lame performance.

I could not believe the state of our bench pre game. Onomah, Carroll and Alli were our attacking options. No striker and no wide player.

Credit to Alli. Looks great but jeez Lamela is piss.

A point is not so bad upon reflection, however a point will not get top 4, or even 5.

Meritocracy? Lamela, Walker and Vertonghen in the starting XI on merit? Someone needs to buy the coach a dictionary. And some players.

Surely Lamela was only starting because of Eriksen's knee injury.
And given his inclusion in the U21s, Pritchard must still be getting back to fitness (a shame, as I'd have rather seen him start over Lamela today).

Walker has been playing more like the guy who won that young PFA award, and less like the injured mess of the last couple of years - so his inclusion is definitely understandable.

Hopefully, after the horrorshow this afternoon, Jan will have to earn his place back - but benching him before today would have been a tad premature.

One positive is to take... Dele Alli. Made some great runs in the final minutes and scored the goal. So gutted is has to start like this for him.
Always worth remembering how a certain Mr. Bale's Tottenham career started out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...-League-games-1-533-minutes-signing-them.html

He didn't end up too shabby after that.
:baletroll:

First half was pretty poor, better second but ultimately didn't do enough to win. Still glaringly obvious we need a couple of players to come in this week.

Good to meet mouse mouse as well, shame we didn't get the win mate.

The problem is that we play with two CDM's. We have too many men behind the ball in our own half and get put under pressure far too easily. We rely on our wingers to get the ball out however, our wingers are shit, so that doesn't work.

The way to sort this out is stop playing with two CDM's and switch one for an additional striker. Before we do that however, we actually need to have two strikers in our squad (which is a fucking joke in itself). We need to get rid of Lamela because he is fucking horrific and bring someone who can actually play coherent football in. Finally, we need to stop filling CDM with half arsed matches. No one who plays there is good enough for a top four team. If we want to be a top four team, we need top four quality players.

FUCK THIS. 2 points from 3 games. Levy is a cunt. Poch is a cunt. I'm a cunt.

Managed to get a ticket at the very last minute.

Wow, yet again our support was fucking brilliant today and I had a great time. I've still got:

'DELE ALLI, DELE ALLI, DELE ALLI, DELE ALLI, DELE ALLI, HE'S A YID'

Ringing in my ears.

We have the best away support in the PL, for absolute certain. #COYS

1) Never once did I use the phrase "transfer team".
2) I said that every decision was made by Levy I just disagreed with the characterization that Levy was the only one who negotiates or works the phones and that he had spent fifteen days negotiating for a Columbian teenager and was unable to do any of our other business.

Yes the others are doing a cracking job getting players in

Back
Top Bottom