Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southampton never beat us with Poch or MS in the prem. Koeman had a weaker team in the season after Poch left and he did better than Poch in the prem.

Saints did OK under Poch. Just like Spurs did OK under Poch. IMO the weak link is not our players. Our team shape and slow starting lineups point to coaching/management.
Yeah, I do know they never beat us. However, you said the front 3 players don't know whether to stick twist or turn. Yet they did at SFC. They looked very interchangeable and had plenty of movement and, as you have pointed out, they had inferior players.
All I was saying is SFC played decent looking football. Logic says that with our vastly superior players we should then perform better? Lallana hasn't shone at Liverpool has he?
How comes our players also struggled under Sherwood, who ripped up the coaching book, if it's the coaching? I seem to remember them dishing out some serious crap then too.
Basically coaches do not tell players not to pass and not to move into space. Neither do they tell them not to run into space that is there.

Yeah, I do know they never beat us. However, you said the front 3 players don't know whether to stick twist or turn. Yet they did at SFC. They looked very interchangeable and had plenty of movement and, as you have pointed out, they had inferior players.
All I was saying is SFC played decent looking football. Logic says that with our vastly superior players we should then perform better? Lallana hasn't shone at Liverpool has he?
How comes our players also struggled under Sherwood, who ripped up the coaching book, if it's the coaching? I seem to remember them dishing out some serious crap then too.
Basically coaches do not tell players not to pass and not to move into space. Neither do they tell them not to run into space that is there.

We are running into space. Just very slowly. Poch has hamstrung Spurs from the get go. Way too slow.

Management is failing us. Poch is not giving individuals a chance because Kane has one issue: Pace. So why put Lamela, Dembele, Chadli, Mason and Dier behind him? His tactics are COMPOUNDING our own shortcomings.

So if he can't see that the following is slow, what other glaring shortcoming of the team is he going to miss when we introduce pace?

A spine of Kane, Lamela, Dier and Jan is like molasses. = Bad management.

4CzqPNK.png

We are running into space. Just very slowly. Poch has hamstrung Spurs from the get go. Way too slow.

Thats part management that is failing us. Poch is not giving individuals a chance because Kane has one issue: Pace. So why put Lamela, Dembele, Chadli, Mason and Dier behind him? His tactics are COMPOUNDING our own shortcomings.

A spine of Kane, Lamela, Dier and Jan is like molasses. = Bad management.
He didn't do that v Stoke. Poch played Kane in the N010 role.

Edit, we looked much better for it. More compact in the middle and Kane played some lovely through balls.
Anyway, if Eriksen plays in the middle, where does Kane play then?
Are you advocating we play a 442?

Anyway, we ain't going to agree. I just think the players are good but all too similar.

Last edited:
He didn't do that v Stoke. Poch played Kane in the N010 role.

Kane didn't look like he had a role at all. His roll was marked out of the game by a manager with a plan.

Poch got outmanaged. As soon as Davies and Dembele had a yellow card, Walker and Davies were being swarmed. We had no plan like that, we didnt attack their weak points en masse.

Yeah, apparently Son is a done deal, according to this geezer, yet Poch is quoted as saying that it's just another rumour.

You should watch the press conference. I wouldn't believe anything Poch says about our transfers. He isn't giving anything away. Seems to be having a bit of fun talking about it.

Kane didn't look like he had a role at all. His roll was marked out of the game by a manager with a plan.

Poch got outmanaged. As soon as Davies and Dembele had a yellow card, Walker and Davies were being swarmed. We had no plan like that, we didnt attack their weak points en masse.
What? Chadli was playing more as a striker. Eriksen on the left and Dembele on the right. Kane was feeding balls to the front. I.e for Mason and the second goal. If you couldn't see that then you were not watching.
What changed the game was first Kane going off which made it easier for them to come out with the ball, and then Mason off. As soon as Mason tired and then had to go off we conceded 2.
Out managed my arse.

anyway I'm dropping it.

IT'S DONE!!! ADAM OSPER (who the fuck is this guy?) JUST CONFIRMED IT'S COMPLETED!! (No, seriously, who is this guy and why should we care??)

Germany papers sure seem to think Son is done

Westdeutsche Zeitung says Kevin Kampl is set to leave Borussia Dortmund after less than a year and join Bayer Leverkusen.

The 24-year-old worked with Bayer manager Roger Schmidt at RB Salzburg and could be a replacement for Spurs-bound Hueng-Min Son.

You sly fox you

:llorishuh:

You see Poch being a sly fox, I see a man not giving a straight answer to a fairly reasonable question. If Leverkusen are saying Son is having a medical then that's a bit more than a rumour. Fair enough, the deal isn't done but at least acknowledge that it's real.

That's like being accused of having an affair with your mate's wife, then answering his door while wiping your dick and saying "maybe, maybe not".

You see Poch being a sly fox, I see a man not giving a straight answer to a fairly reasonable question. If Leverkusen are saying Son is having a medical then that's a bit more than a rumour. Fair enough, the deal isn't done but at least acknowledge that it's real.

That's like being accused of having an affair with your mate's wife, then answering his door while wiping your dick and saying "maybe, maybe not".

Poch has stated several times in press conferences that he won't comment on a player that's not on his team. I personally have no problem with that policy.

The whole affair thing is nothing like talking about transfer rumors, but I'm sure that line would be funny in other settings.

The whole affair thing is nothing like talking about transfer rumors, but I'm sure that line would be funny in other settings.

Except that he's effectively denying something (calling it a rumour) when the player's current club and team-mates have said he's having a medical pending agreement of terms (evidence to the contrary). Just like my example.

Except that he's effectively denying something (calling it a rumour) when the player's current club and team-mates have said he's having a medical pending agreement of terms (evidence to the contrary). Just like my example.

As Spurs supporters we should know nothing is official until it's official.

What other clubs do or say is their business.

No reason for Poch to put himself in a position to explain what went wrong or why a transfer didn't get completed.

Back
Top Bottom