Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

calm down

It's not like you to clam up. I thought you were a big man? Let the adults speak is what you said. So speak. Why is it overly sensitive to not laugh along with racism?

You claim you speak for the group. The adults. Enlighten me on why its fair game?

Because IMO, being sensitive to this specific aspect of the game is essential.

It's not like you to clam up. I thought you were a big man? Let the adults speak is what you said. So speak. Why is it overly sensitive to not laugh along with racism?

You claim you speak for the group. The adults. Enlighten me on why its fair game?

Because IMO, being sensitive to this specific aspect of the game is essential.

Your going to to do yourself a mischief.

Don't know how many other football-hipsters-who-hate-football-hipsters like myself there are on this board. But I thought I'd check out In Bed With Maradonna's 100 List from 2014, and who did I happen to spot on there? Why none other than Heung-Min Son: Here's their verdict.

I know it's a 2014 review, but he's still young, and if what is written about his movement and versatility is true, then I'm excited.

(Ben Davies and Christian Eriksen are also on their list for 2014. And Harry Kane is on the 2015 list.)

Seeing as it never caught on for Harry Kane, how about;
"Sonday, Monday, Happy days!!"

Too many songs for this guy, it's bound to end up; "Heung-Min, there's only one Heung-Min!"

...and I've heard he's Heung like a donkey!!! :dembelewtf:

There is nowhere I would rather be
Than White Hart Lane
When the Son goes down yeah...

As long as I am going to be around you..
When the Son goes down yeah...

Bold bit needs some work. Get it done.

arcspace_mode* activate.bin

Is this a Joe Clash multi? Pretty strange how he landed here a few months ago and is mentioning Kono and other old boardsms. Plus this race bait is something Joe has done in the past. Joe posted about Saido too. Also he has used multis in the past, pretending to be his friken sister to complain about one of his bins.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-abuse-at-people-who-saved-him-10459106.html

:kaneshh:

arcspace_mode /deactivate.exe

SSY is a multi and I have crossed swords with him on other boards!

He has also used ' simonjhornby ', 1491, 'blimp' and various others and the pattern is always the same in that he puts a few decent posts together, starts insulting people and invariably descends into racism!

A sin binning isn't enough and he shd be permanently banned but then we'll just get another multi!

I don't think he's anything to do with Joe Clash as his vocabulary and terminology are different and usually Joe is an amusing and informative poster but that's just my opinion.

To me any form of racism shd have zero tolerance.

It's an easy target and plainly not funny!

:wansum:

It's a year old but this site has a very interesting depth analysis of Son in terms of how well he operates as a winger / forward / striker:

http://www.taegukwarriors.com/son-heung-min-winger-forward/

tl;dr - he's more dangerous from wide roles and scores most of his goals shooting across the goal rather than directly in front of it. He's equally adept on either side of the pitch so either play him on the side he's most needed, or give him more of a free role to move around. He's not a great passer, more of a direct running/attacking threat. Not ready to play the role of a lone striker as he hasn't got the hold up game or ability to play with his back to goal yet.

Somewhat concerningly:

"He’s not so effective playing in a “phone booth” in terms of shielding the ball and maintaining possession."

Which is exactly the position our forward players often find themselves in under Poch due to the high line / compressed play. This is my fear for him.

Back
Top Bottom