Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day...forget the Names ( whoever they are, be they Son, Austin..whoever )

No matter what else the squad should have been sorted by start of the season & it is unforgivable to chuck in 3 or 4 games to go to the last days of the Transfer window to try to save a fiver or two.

The Squad was not good enough for Top 4 last year...to keep 5th we needed to still improve, we have neither kept pace with 5th nor done enough for 4th in this transfer window. Between Mitchell, Poch, Levy & Baldini we have decimated the squad & replaced players on the cheap via the youth team. This is the behavior of Randy Learner @ Villa, not an aspirational board room. I get that a lot of Squad players were considered dead wood, but who's to say that actually the competition for players actually drove on the likes of Bentalab ? Last year he had other players pushing him on and he raised his game. This year he faces competition from our 5th choice CB & has been shit ! Go figure !

Essentially every message from Top to bottom of our club screams cheap.

I've been a Season ticket holder for longer than I care to admit as 40 blinks on my horizons ahead....and honestly I have never been so fucked off at any stage before, even Sugar showed some ambition, this mob are absurd. It's 2008 all over again !

Pearce's statement explains why Spurs are so utterly inept when getting targets through the door & levy is again exposed for the tossing joke he is !

Life teaches you that you don't love much, but Christ I do love my football team and I hate what this mob are doing to us.

PS. WBA have cunted Levy off badly + they have 4 Strikers....we have 1

You saw it 6wks ago mate. Other fools are finally cottoning on, and jumping on the bad policy bandwagen.

A policy they were lauding the tits off a mere 2 wks ago. Fucking laughable

Fuck me do WBA make a lot of public statements.
p02bl5c1.jpg

What I imagine every time I see one of those liverpoolesque whining announcement on their site

I don't get the hostility towards WBA here. It seems to me that they placed a value on Berahino that is higher than we expected. And they stuck to their valuation. Once they decided they wouldn't have enough time to replace him adequately, they decided he wasn't for sale. All extremely reasonable behavior.

Also, I personally wish our club kept us better informed as to what is going on in the transfer dealings like WBA has done. That seems to be much more standard operating procedure in some other countries. We are talking about selling footballers, not plutonium. There really isn't this huge need for secrecy. It's supposed to be about the fans. I respect their attempt to keep the fans in the loop.

Now let's buy a striker or two.
You do realize that's not what they're doing? They're hanging Berahino out to dry and trying to get the fans to turn on him, like Liverpool got their idiot fans to turn on Raheem Sterling.

Clubs have a need for secrecy, and transfers are not about the fans. We're not owed anything. It really is proprietary.

They are trying to not sell him, he wants to leave. We want to buy him.

They've been trying to scare him into staying by getting the fans to think they're bravely resisting, and that Saido's been misled. They've issued several press releases, each one with intentionally vague language in case they sell him.

They've gone from saying he's not for sale, to saying we're not bidding the right payment terms, and then they're trying to say "cash-only, payment up-front" when staggered payments are the almost universal rule for WBA, ourselves and all other clubs.

They're trying to get Utd or another club to try and out-bid us, and are now in panic mode as they have an unhappy player who wants to leave, and look stuck with him because we moved very quickly for Son instead.

Berahino is not the only name on our list, and with players at AS Monaco, Olympique Marseille and Stuttgart all previously on our radar, there's no reason we can't go back and offer more to them, but less than we would have given WBA.

Peace may have just cut his nose off to spite his own face, with the result being an ugly, lower deadline day deal for us.

You do realize that's not what they're doing? They're hanging Berahino out to dry and trying to get the fans to turn on him, like Liverpool got their idiot fans to turn on Raheem Sterling.

Clubs have a need for secrecy, and transfers are not about the fans. We're not owed anything. It really is proprietary.

They've been trying to scare him into staying by getting the fans to think they're bravely resisting, and that Saido's been misled. They've issued several press releases, each one with intentionally vague language in case they sell him.

They've gone from saying he's not for sale, to saying we're not bidding the right payment terms, and then they're trying to say "cash-only, payment up-front" when staggered payments are the almost universal rule for WBA, ourselves and all other clubs.

They're trying to get Utd or another club to try and out-bid us, and are now in panic mode as they have an unhappy player who wants to leave, and look stuck with him because we moved very quickly for Son instead.

Berahino is not the only name on our list, and with players at AS Monaco, Olympique Marseille and Stuttgart all previously on our radar, there's no reason we can't go back and offer more to them, but less than we would have given WBA.

Peace may have just cut his nose off to spite his own face, with the result being an ugly, lower deadline day deal for us.
Or maybe they are a football club that wants to have good players.

You are the biggest propaganda fantasist Ive ever come across.....either that or the biggest full kit wanker south of Liverpool.

I bet you sleep in a Spurs kit, and have Spurs wallpaper, bedsheets, clock, posters, curtains the fucking lot.

Fucking get over it. We bid for THEIR player and they said no. Stop acting like they've got poor Berahino handcuffed to a radiator for fucks sake.

Spoilt little millionaires playing PL football for "work"... boo fuckng hoo.

What I find a bit hard to stomach on here is some people seem to be more pleased to be proved right about the Berahino deal than they are disappointed we don't seem to be getting him. Great supporters!

You are the biggest propaganda fantasist Ive ever come across.....either that or the biggest full kit wanker south of Liverpool.

I bet you sleep in a Spurs kit, and have Spurs wallpaper, bedsheets, clock, posters, curtains the fucking lot.

Fucking get over it. We bid for THEIR player and they said no. Stop acting like they've got poor Berahino handcuffed to a radiator for fucks sake.

Spoilt little millionaires playing PL football for "work"... boo fuckng hoo.
From what I can tell, he's saying we are the winners in the Berahino negotiations.

What I find a bit hard to stomach on here is some people seem to be more pleased to be proved right about the Berahino deal than they are disappointed we don't seem to be getting him. Great supporters!

Hahahaha...the old party line when someone gets it wrong..

Soldado is shit = You are celebrating his missed open goals!!!!!!!
Lamela is shit = You wanted him to play shit you are glad Stoke scored twice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our transfer policy is shit = You are glad we didnt strengthen!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Im fucking livid, and have been for about 4wks, because I knew what was going to happen.
Right now, Im not dissapointed, because Im not surprised. Doesnt make me glad about it, Im just not a naive prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom