Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't confuse media reports with our actual plan. The media has said all sorts of stuff. Most of our deals this summer came out of left field and were done in a matter of days.
Oh, totally! I suppose I was emphasising the rampant fixation with assigning targets to Spurs, as well as criticising the club for giving Pochettino little chance to prepare for the season. I think it's incredibly unprofessional. And make no mistake, ultimately Pochettino will be the one paying the price.

All that said - the only thing I can do as a Spurs supporter - is to stay behind the club. That means the fans, more than the owners, manager or players. WE ARE SPURS!

So on one hand you note that the Borini story isn't from a reputable outlet.

Then on the other hand you seem to indicate that you believe it wholeheartedly and claim our transfer policy is all over the place.

:vertna:

The Borini story probably isn't from a reputable outlet.

Our transfer policy, and my criticism of it is born from witnessing monumental madnesses like Frazier Campbell, Louis Saha and Erik Lamela. Also, the fact that were scratching around, ill prepared, almost 4 games in, indicates that something needs sorting.

I'd rather see Pochettino given a full compliment of talent to work with way ahead of the first game.

Honestly, I think a lot of people underestimate what Levy has done for our club. Granted his transfer methods of leaving it late may infuriate us from time to time but the man has taken us from a mediocre premier league team to a team challenging for top 4, trophies and attracting big names. Look at the new stadium and agreement with the NFL, he's brought that in and it's only going to improve us as a club.

We could be stuck with a chairman who doesn't want to supply funds and is happy to just try and stay in the league each year, but instead we are lucky enough to play in big competitions and are able to put £20m+ offers for players.

I saw a pathetic petition on Twitter yesterday on the e-Spurs page where they are trying to force Levy out. No matter how many people sign it, it is never going to happen.

Let's be honest, without him our club wouldn't be at the levels it is today.

The e-Spurs petition is fucking embarrassing and a lot of the Levy bashing is a bit hysterical.

However, Levy has sold away a lot of the soul of this club for money. We have massive red sponsors, our ground is going to be used for the NFL, our preseason tours are blatant money grabs, we're leaving White Hart Lane, he may have tried to move us to Stratford, ticket prices are exorbitant, StubHub is a disgrace, and I'm sure numerous things I'm forgetting.

I understand the club needs to make revenue and this is modern football but when all this money grubbing madness isn't being used to improve the quality of football it makes the lack of soul he's perpetuated much harder to swallow. All the stuff the club does just seems so cynical and the football just gets worse. It's a toxic combo.

Now you're not getting Fazio. That'll show you!!

:levyeyes:

OH WE...ARE...FUUUUURIOOOOUUUUSSSSSS!!!!
tumblr_inline_n4rrrgAg5s1qjdjby.gif

The e-Spurs petition is fucking embarrassing and a lot of the Levy bashing is a bit hysterical.

However, Levy has sold away a lot of the soul of this club for money. We have massive red sponsors, our ground is going to be used for the NFL, our preseason tours are blatant money grabs, we're leaving White Hart Lane, he may have tried to move us to Stratford, ticket prices are exorbitant, StubHub is a disgrace, and I'm sure numerous things I'm forgetting.

I understand the club needs to make revenue and this is modern football but when all this money grubbing madness isn't being used to improve the quality of football it makes the lack of soul he's perpetuated much harder to swallow. All the stuff the club does just seems so cynical and the football just gets worse. It's a toxic combo.

Tough one isn't it? Trying to stay a relevant footballing force, while maintaining the spirit of the Club. All of this while trying to become a money-making powerhouse.

There's too many people to please, from the footballing traditionalists to those who would happily see Spurs sell up for glory! It's no wonder these forums are so divisive.

COYS!!!

It's bullshit planning which we said then and is true now.

No reasoning behind it whatsoever.

If you all believed that why make noise about signings before? Can't ever please you lot changing goal posts and being unable to find fault in those that pull the wool over your eyes. Plays into their hands really.
levy has nearly always done this so i wouldnt expect any different he's a businessman(a very good 1 too i might add) but he's not a football man.

he must have pulled the wool over your eyes if you thought any different and now he's hurt your feelings

Honestly, I think a lot of people underestimate what Levy has done for our club. Granted his transfer methods of leaving it late may infuriate us from time to time but the man has taken us from a mediocre premier league team to a team challenging for top 4, trophies and attracting big names. Look at the new stadium and agreement with the NFL, he's brought that in and it's only going to improve us as a club.

We could be stuck with a chairman who doesn't want to supply funds and is happy to just try and stay in the league each year, but instead we are lucky enough to play in big competitions and are able to put £20m+ offers for players.

I saw a pathetic petition on Twitter yesterday on the e-Spurs page where they are trying to force Levy out. No matter how many people sign it, it is never going to happen.

Let's be honest, without him our club wouldn't be at the levels it is today.

I wholeheartedly agree with this

Tough one isn't it? Trying to stay a relevant footballing force, while maintaining the spirit of the Club. All of this while trying to become a money-making powerhouse.

There's too many people to please, from the footballing traditionalists to those who would happily see Spurs sell up for glory! It's no wonder these forums are so divisive.

COYS!!!

It's just frustrating to see the club so much more interested in business than football. It just feels like the last few seasons we haven't even been particularly interested in winning in the pitch. All the focus is on a stadium I don't even particularly want, selling expensive replica kits with red all over the front, and gouging the supporters at every turn possible. At least make it look like you give a toss about the football while you're fucking us.

Tad melodramatic, surely?

I cannot find fault with your other points though.

:adebaehug:

Probably, it stems from my deep ambivalence about the stadium. IMO by the time the stadium is built, the TV money will be so large that the gate receipts differential from club to club will be negligible. Then we'll be stuck with an expensive Emirates knock-off that cost a fuck ton of cash that could have been spent of football.

Obviously that's not the whole story but I just really love White Hart Lane and think we are building the stadium 15 years too later if it's meant to catch us up monetarily.

It's just frustrating to see the club so much more interested in business than football. It just feels like the last few seasons we haven't even been particularly interested in winning in the pitch. All the focus is on a stadium I don't even particularly want, selling expensive replica kits with red all over the front, and gouging the supporters at every turn possible. At least make it look like you give a toss about the football while you're fucking us.
There has been continuous and massive turnover in the squad. I believe that is reflective of a desire to make things work on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom