Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could understand some rotation of the squad, but 10 fucking players? And the one fucking player who actually needs rest(Kane) isn't rested? We're starting Andros FUCKING Townsend, the man who's done fuck all for two years?? Why not Lamela? Why not give N'jie a shot? Fucking disgusting

Good people of the internet, calm your tits.

Poch should've rested Dier and Chadli, otherwise his lineup was fairly spot on.

Yes, the players we fielded made some mistakes, but that's only natural; their season has barely started, they haven't gotten a chance to get truly match fit yet.

Resting players isn't just about how many games they've played this far, or how fit they are. It's a long season. We need to rest players now to have them fit not only this weekend, but in December, in March, in May. And we need to let our squaddies get game time, to have them fit and ready for the big games.

I know, I know; this is an important game for the fans. We do, however, need to realise that the clubs don't exit for us. We are here to support the clubs, not the other way around.

The simple fucking fact of the matter is that the league cup is the least important tournament of the season. Losing out in the second round might be a blessing, as it will give us a few more weeks of quality training throughout the season.

I agree with this for the most part. I think Dier should have been rested as he will be crucial Saturday. Chadli I liked in the 11 as he hasn't really been up to snuff yet and I think needs the game time.

Disappointing result, but I think we played fairly well and on a different day this easily could have gone the other way and people would be praising Poch for getting the result and resting starters.

Yes, the players we fielded made some mistakes, but that's only natural; their season has barely started, they haven't gotten a chance to get truly match fit yet.

Resting players isn't just about how many games they've played this far, or how fit they are. It's a long season. We need to rest players now to have them fit not only this weekend, but in December, in March, in May. And we need to let our squaddies get game time, to have them fit and ready for the big games.

I know, I know; this is an important game for the fans. We do, however, need to realise that the clubs don't exit for us. We are here to support the clubs, not the other way around.

The simple fucking fact of the matter is that the league cup is the least important tournament of the season. Losing out in the second round might be a blessing, as it will give us a few more weeks of quality training throughout the season.
What the fuck are you going on about? Of course the club exists for us. If no one went to the matches or bought the swag, do you think the club would exist. I can't fathom viewing my club the way you do and still giving a shit about it.

I am hugely impressed with your reasoned, calm reaction to this disappointing loss. Either your account has been hacked or, I hope, you are accepting the reality of life on planet Spurs!

:dierpochhug:

Just back. Thought we played quite well, if a bit patchy. Unusual seats for me; East Upper Park Lane end. Great crowd. Very fucking loud, lost my voice. Feel quite, well, upbeat despite the loss. That said, tomorrow will hurt.

Walking back home from the Beehive saw a big crowd of Yids tooled up, and I shit you not, saying 'shoulder to shoulder. No one steps down. We go in large' not seen that for a while.

Anyway; their fans are cunts. We're better. Their side are cunts. We aren't.

Just come from the game. Probably need to check the highlights, from the shelf I thought we were the better team for almost the whole game.

Fazio's distribution was pretty shocking though, can see why we want him gone it effected us a hell of a lot. The first goal I am sure Loris would have pushed away not back into flaminis path. Dier looked pretty good again and Wimmer seems steady.

Atmosphere was good as you would expect I a NLD. Deserved to win tonight bloody fucking annoying. Arses best player by a mile was the Ox, wish he didn't play for them.

What the fuck are you going on about? Of course the club exists for us. If no one went to the matches or bought the swag, do you think the club would exist. I can't fathom viewing my club the way you do and still giving a shit about it.

So you need to see the club as existing for you for you to give a shit about it?

Interesting.

I'm unsure as to whether anyone except yourself, and perhaps Totti, care a jot about whether you "count" him as a Spurs fan.
He hasn't launched a campaign to get a passionate and provocative poster banned, then attempt to dismiss the utter failure of said campaign as a prank.

He's an asset to the board in my opinion.
When does a thread become a campaign?
You know how much of a fuck you give about my opinion? It is probably equal to how I feel about yours

So you need to see the club as existing for you for you to give a shit about it?

Interesting.
Yes. The club exists for the supporters. First and foremost the club IS the supporters. If I viewed Spurs as existing to provide a payout to ENIC--and not for the fans---I could not give a fucking shit about the club.

I am hugely impressed with your reasoned, calm reaction to this disappointing loss. Either your account has been hacked or, I hope, you are accepting the reality of life on planet Spurs!

:dierpochhug:

I guess it has to do with expectations. I said before the match that I wanted the lineup we saw, with Alli for Dier, N'Jie for Chadli and Lamela for Eriksen. Winning or losing this particular match wasn't the most important thing for Spurs atm, imo.

Thus I wasn't hugely disappointed by a fairly even match.

And by the way, people who wants Poch's head on a platter might wanna have a look at the arse team and see that they fielded backup players in every position too.

I agree with this for the most part. I think Dier should have been rested as he will be crucial Saturday. Chadli I liked in the 11 as he hasn't really been up to snuff yet and I think needs the game time.

Disappointing result, but I think we played fairly well and on a different day this easily could have gone the other way and people would be praising Poch for getting the result and resting starters.
i would have praised him for playing a strong team & winning.

Just back. Thought we played quite well, if a bit patchy. Unusual seats for me; East Upper Park Lane end. Great crowd. Very fucking loud, lost my voice. Feel quite, well, upbeat despite the loss. That said, tomorrow will hurt.

Walking back home from the Beehive saw a big crowd of Yids tooled up, and I shit you not, saying 'shoulder to shoulder. No one steps down. We go in large' not seen that for a while.

Anyway; their fans are cunts. We're better. Their side are cunts. We aren't.
Good. Hopefully some scum got their heads kicked after their post game antics. That'll learn 'em.

Back
Top Bottom