Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could have, but they won so I doubt they are. I'm one Pochettino's fans, but there's no getting away from the fact he fucked it last night with that selection. Fazio and Wimmer for fucks sake, Woolwich isn't the game for trying new back fours.
I agree without wanting to come over as anti Poch. He almost got it right?

The back up is good enough in most occasions. Too bad the scum's 'backup' players are much, much better than ours.

Kids will be kids, they will make mistakes and are unpolished. It is the same in any club, at any level.

the back up wasnt good enough against arsenals back up.

Yes - Im aware of this however, Im hoping for change. Beat City and move forward thats all Im wanting. Its never nice losing to Woolwich but we have done and the players get paid a lot more than me so they can take the grief. Im refusing to have a bad week because of this result-sorry. They need to bounce back on sat as a team and beat City.
the thing that happened isnt any less bad because u refuse to let it feel that way.

I didn't come on here drunk and annoyed last night because I thought I'd just type a lot of angry shit.

But I woke up this morning and I'm still pissed that we didn't beat them. Not bothered about discussing why we lost etc. just annoyed that we lost to that shower of cunts and wanted to get that off my chest.

Odd that the fact we reached the final last year was banded about as a reason to have faith in Pochettino (even though we were told we couldnt judge him in his first year) now we get dumped out at the first hurdle it doesnt matter.

Jokers.
what about the amazing cup run they said.
now its a crap cup competition & who cares.
they contradict so much to avoid criticising him.

What gets me is that the game was close with our second string. We could have won it true, but that just does nt excuse that abomination of a team selection. If it was close with Fazio, Vorm and Carroll playing ffs. 9 changes was far too many.

Anyone still want to see Wimmer put in and Toby moved up should Dier get a knock?
I'd have no qualms with that.

Really, really like the look of Wimmer. Considering the omni-shambles next to him, I think he did well.

22 with Jan and Toby to learn from. Think he'll be excellent for us. He's a different type of CB to the belgians too, which is a good thing. Looked very accomplished in the air.

What gets me is that the game was close with our second string. We could have won it true, but that just does nt excuse that abomination of a team selection. If it was close with Fazio, Vorm and Carroll playing ffs. 9 changes was far too many.

We could imo beat anyone with our first team......but if we play the same 11 every game there is no chance we will beat everyone.

Yeah he made too many changes, but only just.

Oh and i will second whoever said that the 6 min rendition of "Woolwich fan on a string" was fucking EPIC!!
Which is why I'm surprised the players and Poch didn't realise the MAGNITUDE of this fixture... regardless of the competition it's in. We sing their fucking name in EVERY OTHER SONG these days... you'd have thought they'd get the message of just how much it means to win...
Shoulda gone full strength, as saving players for defeat against Man City isn't exactly gonna change last night... and even if we win on Saturday, doesn't mean fuck all if we lose the following week...
But winning last night would at least put THEM OUT of the competition...
As it is, we'll be watching the Sheffield Wednesday tie thinking that coulda... Shoulda been us!!

No one on here has shown that it doesn't matter. Each to their own in dealing with this... firstly defeat by Woolwich and then being knocked out. Would I reverse the result -yes, would I want this at the expense of having a great season - NO. We are good side and Im hoping it doesn't effect the season ahead of us, Im expecting so much.
what an over exaggeration!! at the expense of having a great season.
it could have actually made our season better.

the only outcome of playing a strong team wasnt having a worse season.

Last edited:
We could imo beat anyone with our first team......but if we play the same 11 every game there is no chance we will beat everyone.

Yeah he made too many changes, but only just.

I do agree with the first part and to an extent with the second. I just don't think it was the right thing to do against them lot at home in a knockout game.

What issues were there other than some of our reserves not being suited to the system?

Genuine question.
His interpretation of what this game meant, and how far from us fans his was.

1. Woolwich have been, and were last night, fucking awful. Smash the scum while they're down. Create even more discord in our biggest rivals.

2. Keep our momentum up. Last night has knocked the wind out of our sails. Going into a home game against City, with a derby win could be nothing but beneficial.

3. It's the fucking North London Derby. That game, if any, needs us to smash the life out of it. There was a period when Wenger first got in charge where we won only 1 in 28. We must do everything to win these games.

Also, playing players, who I personally don't see as anywhere near good enough. Tom Carroll and Andros Townsend are just clogging up minutes that we can afford to others. Maybe an Onomah or a Winks. Yea, those two lads are Spurs through and through, but this is a cut-throat business.

Also, why does Lloris play against Qarabag and not Woolwich?!

Back
Top Bottom